Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
How is "illegal" about racism?
Mexicans aren't a race, even if one uses the term loosely.
If I cross the border to Mexico illegally, is it racism if they jail me?
It isn't about racism but they get attention if they say it is and can justify in their own minds it is ok because it is racism..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 04:44 PM

799 posts, read 2,169,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
It isn't about racism but they get attention if they say it is and can justify in their own minds it is ok because it is racism..
I do agree. There is so much silly guilt in this nation. I wonder where it comes from. It is as if our generation is responsible for everything anyone ever did on this planet.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 10,392 times
What is it with Americans wanting to build a wall between the US and Mexico? If I remember correctly (and I am sure I do), a well known Republican was extremly vital in bringing DOWN a wall that seperated two countries that were not on this continent! Why is it that we can stick our noses in other countries business and bully them into doing as we do (right or wrong) but can't get along with a country that is connected to us? Why don't the US government build two walls to make it fair, one at the Mexico border and one at the Canadian border! Do you think that illegal immigrants are only coming through Mexico? Let's deport all the "illegals", then you can complain about the price of your meal at McDonalds being $20.00 a person, a nights hotel stay being as much as your morgage....ect! Some of the illegals may be being paid well for the jobs they do, but they have NO BENEFITS. Not to mention their work attendance is much higher than that of many US citizens. Why? They are not LAZY! They have families to support and want to better themselves. Do you realize what happens to the children of those deported? Do you? No matter what age they are they are left to fend for themselves for days, weeks, months, even years. If these children were from crackhead US parents sent to jail, DSS would have them in child protective services within the hour! These children of illegal immigrants that are born here are US citizens, whether you like it or not. If you think these actions are justifiable, you need psychiatric help! Please take Bush with you when you check in! Remember..We are all immigrants, the only true Americans were the indians that were killed or driven off of THEIR land to what is now MEXICO. To the indians, we were the illegal immigrants. Get a grip people, this country is not one or two races country, it is bi-racial and bilingual. If you don't like it, buy yourself a private island and move or go back to your "native Country". If you don't know where that is, the public libraries across the US have geneology departments that can and will gladly assist you!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
What is it with the same babble about the cost of this and the cost of that if we get rid of them. And we dont get along with Mexico because they disrespect our laws and us. You really think there are millions of illegal Canadians here? Have yet to meet any Canadians actually.We got along fine before and we will get along fine after.And if you dont like us trying to fix the mess, well you are welcome to leave as well, the private island available.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What is it with the same babble about the cost of this and the cost of that if we get rid of them. And we dont get along with Mexico because they disrespect our laws and us. You really think there are millions of illegal Canadians here? Have yet to meet any Canadians actually.We got along fine before and we will get along fine after.And if you dont like us trying to fix the mess, well you are welcome to leave as well, the private island available.
We sure the heck do not have Canadians overflowing our prisons or emergency rooms at hospitals!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:01 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,150,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
We sure the heck do not have Canadians overflowing our prisons or emergency rooms at hospitals!
WERD. That's because Canada is a NICE place to live.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
As we are all aware, George W. Bush has wasted over 400-billion dollars of the USA taxpayer's money on a failed war in Iraq that was initiated based on false intelligence. What could this money have been better used on?

What if we had spent this 400-billion dollars on building new manufacturing plants, hospitals, and public schools on every street corner in Mexico? This would accomplish multiple goals:
  • Give the Mexicans a reason to stay in their own country with their own families and earn a decent living.
  • Transform the failing economy of Mexico and afford their citizens the luxuries of automobiles, health care, good food and clothing, air conditioning, and other things that would make staying in Mexico much more attractive.
  • With Americans footing the bill for the Mexican manufacturing plants that would pay lower wages than their USA counterparts, it would allow the USA to compete with the cheap-labor Chinese manufacturers and reduce the huge trade deficit that we have with them.
  • Reduce the load on the over-burdened public school systems and health care industries in the USA that have been overwhelmed with illegal immigrants.
Just an idea. I don't see anyone in government proposing any solutions to the problem. Granted, this one is probably something that would never be considered, but it would probably work if it was.

no brainer. the same as any illegal problem, law enforcement. if one group of gov wont enforce go to another. (state or city)
and then s u p p o r t t h e m
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-08-2007, 06:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meb72 View Post
What is it with Americans wanting to build a wall between the US and Mexico? If I remember correctly (and I am sure I do), a well known Republican was extremly vital in bringing DOWN a wall that seperated two countries that were not on this continent! Why is it that we can stick our noses in other countries business and bully them into doing as we do (right or wrong) but can't get along with a country that is connected to us? Why don't the US government build two walls to make it fair, one at the Mexico border and one at the Canadian border! Do you think that illegal immigrants are only coming through Mexico? Let's deport all the "illegals", then you can complain about the price of your meal at McDonalds being $20.00 a person, a nights hotel stay being as much as your morgage....ect! Some of the illegals may be being paid well for the jobs they do, but they have NO BENEFITS. Not to mention their work attendance is much higher than that of many US citizens. Why? They are not LAZY! They have families to support and want to better themselves. Do you realize what happens to the children of those deported? Do you? No matter what age they are they are left to fend for themselves for days, weeks, months, even years. If these children were from crackhead US parents sent to jail, DSS would have them in child protective services within the hour! These children of illegal immigrants that are born here are US citizens, whether you like it or not. If you think these actions are justifiable, you need psychiatric help! Please take Bush with you when you check in! Remember..We are all immigrants, the only true Americans were the indians that were killed or driven off of THEIR land to what is now MEXICO. To the indians, we were the illegal immigrants. Get a grip people, this country is not one or two races country, it is bi-racial and bilingual. If you don't like it, buy yourself a private island and move or go back to your "native Country". If you don't know where that is, the public libraries across the US have geneology departments that can and will gladly assist you!

Two different walls to do two different things...We are not all immigrants, where did get that from ? That one has been tried and failed to many times, come up with something new....you need to dust off the old Webster and find out what illegal immigrants are....

Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 PM

8 posts, read 10,603 times
Default this is obselete thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb72 View Post

how much of all this should we tax payers endure, being legal is a right that is earned and also endowed but the misuse of generosity is an injustice to all people of this nation of all races, and stature must not prevail to see just any other to come in and cheat, steal, fraud, swindel, lie, the system that we taxpayers pay into is just down right wrong.
they won't fight for our country but they will mine it for what its got.
be sure of what you are talking about and where its going??

Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM

3 posts, read 17,426 times
I find the misuse of the term Illegal that our great nation uses to stigmatize the immigrants very atrocious. Is it illegal to want to better your life or the life your love ones? I know that I have not lived in a 3rd world country where food and work is scarce and the only way your family may see the light of a new day is if you risk your life and the well being of your family to come to this Promise Land we call United States of America. What is this Pledge of Allegiance we teach our children. The pledge goes as follows: I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all. Did we ever think that those so-called “illegal” children were reciting this pledge? Have we forgotten what our fore fathers placed to all the people of this Nation being afforded the freedom to pursue "life, liberty, and happiness?" That’s what an immigrant wants can we as a nation commiserate and share it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration