Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I guess ignorance is a bliss.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

This video shows how one caucasian American is exercising her freedom of speech by posting a sign that says, "Hispanics keep out".

Not in violation of any law but it certainly says how ignorance and fear can lead to hatred of a particular group of people.

its not racist, cause there are hispanics whom are white or half white so

hispanic isnt a race, why cant americans understand that, there is no such thing as looking hispanic because a hispanic can be of any race
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post

hispanic isnt a race, why cant americans understand that, there is no such thing as looking hispanic because a hispanic can be of any race

I disagree!

Hispanic is a term used to unfortunately label, the color of someones skin. Not who had conception.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:19 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
speech is not allowed when it is discriminatory, inciteful or can cause harm or danger to individuals.

there is a distinction.

and why SHOULD the hispanic community condemn this more than anyone?!?!

i keep on repeating myself. but you guys just dont get it.

HISPANICS ARE CITIZENS LIKE YOU AND ME AND EVERYONE ELSE HERE LEGALLY> WHY DOES ThE IMPETUS LAY WITH THEM? what about whites? blacks?

or does it matter more when its coming from someone brown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Living in a free society which includes freedom of speech the woman exercised her first amendment rights. Distastefully to be sure. That said how is she different than the thousands of illegals who do the same thing? Anti-american slogans and signs. Accusations against this country. The country that they entered without permission. So she is a racist. Better a racist than a theif and a sneak. A liar and a cheat. I can deal with racists because most of them are up front with what they are. The same can not be said about most illegals. All of whom are liars, cheats and thieves. In short criminals.
I find the womans choice of outlet disturbing and more than a bit unfair to the millions of honest hispanic citizens in this country. At the same time we don't see the hispanic community as a whole condemning the actions of the 16 million plus hispanic illegals who are putting them in this spot light.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I disagree!

Hispanic is a term used to unfortunately label, the color of someones skin. Not who had conception.
I have noticed that many of the White Hispanics tend to look down (subonsciously at least) on the stereotypical brown (Indian/Mestizo) ones.

Argrentina is 97% White, racially speaking yet all of of its citizens are counted as Latino here in the USA----------even ones with the surname Lindstrom who are natural platinum blonde with blue eyes.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times

so who exactly should counter these protesters?

hispanics? citizens? all of us?

i would say citizens. and "HISPANICS" ARE CITIZENS. illegals are not.

regardless of what the NCLR or anyone tries to say. if you buy that stuff then i have beach front property in AZ to sell you.

this old lady is a dinosaur. thank the heavens she will die soon. unfortunately she gets to vomit her ignorance for a while longer. unfortunately some of you dont get how this is unnacceptable.

im done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[/b]

Nothing as bad as the illegals protesting parades...talk about spewing hatred, and racism! At least she was on her "own land" with her sign.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:30 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seriously?

I may be dumb, but I ain't that dumb.

That is the most stupidest thing I have read to date. Is there a link to that, so I can pass it around to my local friends and family?
I don't have a link...but what Benicar stated is also my understanding. Most of these groups steadfastly refuse to consider any distinction whatsoever between 'legal' Mexican-descended US citizens and the most recent illegal Mexican. It's all one 'raza', in their literature, and that's the way their agenda is presented. There are 'no illegal humans', after all.

My own church (the Catholic Church) comes pretty close to this, as well, strongly admonishing ALL of us that it's our duty to take in the 'poor stranger', while making almost ZERO reference to any complication arising between those here legally and those who are not.

Just very RECENTLY I noticed one Catholic publication did acknowlege that violating the law by crossing an international boundary illegally WAS "a sin" (as it broke civil law)...but, of course, this "sin" was prompted by far GREATER sins...(the 'sins' of the wealthy, who refuse to include the poor). Whether these 'wealthy' were wealthy Americans, or wealthy Mexicans, wasn't specified.

In both cases, there is virtually NO distinction made between legal and illegal people....

Last edited by macmeal; 07-28-2009 at 01:05 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
[/b]

Nothing as bad as the illegals protesting parades...talk about spewing hatred, and racism! At least she was on her "own land" with her sign.
What? Come again? Who said anything about illegal immigrants protesting parades? I don't care if the lady was in her own land, in Mexico, in Saudi Arabia or in the Fiji Islands with that sign. It's a racist sign and I don't have any tolerance for that ****.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post

If you say it isn't racist because there are hispanics of many races (indian, white, black, asian) fine. If you want to be technical about it, it's ethnocentric. But whatever you want to call it, it's still not right.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:52 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here is another display of the ignorance that you claim is bliss. This grupo clearly demonstrates how ignorance and fear can lead to hatred of a particular group of people. And frankly, I've seen many more signs portraying this particular train of thought over the years than I have seen signs telling hispanics to keep out.
If you have read my posts, you would know by know that I would be the first to speak out against these groups...so you miss me with that one.

The mexica movement is not Mexican, it is American and mostly members that are either Native American and Mexican-American. Their signs are equally disturbing...That however, does not justify the actions of the lady in the video.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:12 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
What? Come again? Who said anything about illegal immigrants protesting parades? I don't care if the lady was in her own land, in Mexico, in Saudi Arabia or in the Fiji Islands with that sign. It's a racist sign and I don't have any tolerance for that ****.
Point taken.

Yet there seems to be a lot more societal tolerance for those ethno-centric hypocrite losers who tell us White people to return to Europe.

As I have stated in the past: when the Hispanics return to Spain---------which will never happen, then us Americans will return to Europe, Asia, Africa etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration