Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM

122 posts, read 143,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
He is on his right path, Ptsum does not need to be guided and to say so is being disrespectful of his faith tradition.

Be happy with who you are and let others be happy with who they are.

I am sorry the truth is truth.I can't lie about it just to make him or u happy.I never knew that when I hope for someone to be guided to the truth is so offinsive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muslim22 View Post
I am sorry the truth is truth.I can't lie about it just to make him or u happy.I never knew that when I hope for someone to be guided to the truth is so offinsive.
you see the problem here is that that is the truth as you know it, it is your truth, not mine and who is to determine what is true and what isn't? The writings of your man-made sacred book or the words given to you by your prophets, are they not men also? I know that the path that I travel is the true path for me and that is all I need.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
you see the problem here is that that is the truth as you know it, it is your truth, not mine and who is to determine what is true and what isn't? The writings of your man-made sacred book or the words given to you by your prophets, are they not men also? I know that the path that I travel is the true path for me and that is all I need.
The first point I dicuss it with u many time,so I don't have to repeat it.The second point,we will see who is right and who is wrong in the day of judgment.And in the grave u and I will be asked if we had followed the truth and the final message, or followed our own desires.May the creater protect me.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 PM

439 posts, read 556,814 times
Quote:
.... The writings of your man-made sacred book or the words given to you by your prophets, are they not men also?

no
it is not from the prophet.

it is from the creator.

the prophet Muhammed is only a messenger from the creator to all human and jinn.

just like Moses and Jesus they were also messengers

but they were messengers only to thier people.

but Muhammed is the final prophet he was send to all the worlds.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
The first point I dicuss it with u many time,so I don't have to repeat it.The second point,we will see who is right and who is wrong in the day of judgment.And in the grave u and I will be asked if we had followed the truth and the final message, or followed our own desires.May the creater protect me.
No, you and I will not be in the grave together, my mortal remains will be cremated and my ashes will be spread to the four winds over the Chesapeake Bay and my spirit will reside with my ancestors. You have your belief and I have mine.wa-do osay

Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
No, you and I will not be in the grave together, my mortal remains will be cremated and my ashes will be spread to the four winds over the Chesapeake Bay and my spirit will reside with my ancestors. You have your belief and I have mine.wa-do osay
In the name of Allah most Gracious ,most Merciful:"Not a new reminder comes to them from the Compassionate,except they turn away from it.But they have rejected the Message;soon they will know the truth"

Old 12-21-2010, 04:56 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,046,268 times
Quote:

It is not who is right and who is wrong. There are only 2 religions who are arrogant enough to say that out of all, G-d has somehow chosen them and everyone else is going to hell.

It is mind boggling the arrogance.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
When I see what Islam is like around the world I would die before I ever became a muslim.

When you write it only convinces me of my belief.

There is something wrong with Islam.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
no
it is not from the prophet.

it is from the creator.

the prophet Muhammed is only a messenger from the creator to all human and jinn.

just like Moses and Jesus they were also messengers

but they were messengers only to thier people.

but Muhammed is the final prophet he was send to all the worlds.

Their sacred book was revealed to Muhammad in a cave. No one else was there. He did not write it down he memorized it and told others who either memorized it or wrote it down on parchment.

The problem is it was not all neatly written down in one place. It was carried around by those who had memorized it.

After the prophets death when those who carried it orally started to die it was feared it would be lost so all who had it memorized and all that was written down was brought together and written down and codified into what we they have today.

They want everyone to think it was revealed and someone wrote it all down as it was revealed and a whole book suddenly appeared.

That is not the case.

It is a book that was written down by man and thus NOT infallible.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
In the name of Allah most Gracious ,most Merciful:"Not a new reminder comes to them from the Compassionate,except they turn away from it.But they have rejected the Message;soon they will know the truth"
ni-hi nah-dv-go na-s-gi a-qua hi-a ga-lo-hi-s-di v-hna-i hi-a Jah-lah-gee my Muslim friend, save your prayers, for you are the one that needs them, not I. wa-do.
Gvnega Tawodi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam