Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:08 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

Ok, let me explain this very strange question. A number of people have expressed the view that if a baby dies before they're old enough to comprehend the meaning of religion that they're going to go to heaven. This brings up some interesting thoughts if you follow through with this reasoning. If a baby happens to be born in a muslim nation such as Pakistan to muslim parents it's almost a certainty that this baby will grow up to be a muslim in the faith of the parents. According to everything I'm hearing from believers this person can never be saved unless they accept Christ and will therefore go to hell. It just seems logical that it would be desireable for the baby to die in infancy to avoid such a fate. I know how that sounds but I'm just following the logic where it leads. I would imagine if this were the case that heaven would be filled with Christians and infants from every nation and culture. Those infants would have to be seen as extremely lucky to have died as a baby in those circumstances. Ok everybody, go ahead and attack me!

Old 06-13-2007, 12:12 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times
Oh boy this should be fun!...LOL

I can absolutely say that I do not believe people of other faiths are destined to hell because they are not Christian. I just don't buy that God would allow that. As long as they are faithful and good people they will be in heaven with us, you too MG, see you there.

So when they are done attacking you they can come after me next.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
MG, not going to attack you...
That is a loaded question though, kind of like saying should all children who may be born into poverty be aborted or die young?? Or is it better for children from 3rd world countries to die young, so thy won't have to suffer? How about all the disadvantaged intercity kids, should they all die so they don't wind up on drugs, or in gangs? Or those who are disabled in anyway, should they all die? Fact is we do not know what life is going to bring, and it is not or decision to make whether t or not a life will be valuable.
No one person who is born is more worthy of heaven than another. It is just not our call. All people born have to decide for Christ on their own, no guarantee that a child born into a Christian home will accept Christ.
Where there is life there is always hope, hope that that one life will positively effect others. People have risen out of bondage, and to not afford a person that chance is again not our call.
So, then the argument would be, should all babies be aborted so they are all guaranteed heaven?

MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 12:22 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post

I can absolutely say that I do not believe people of other faiths are destined to hell because they are not Christian. I just don't buy that God would allow that. As long as they are faithful and good people they will be in heaven with us, you too MG, see you there.

Wow..I must say I am quite shocked, SHOCKED, that your wrote this. I do have to agree with you on this (even though I don't believe in the concept of Heaven), I don't think that people who don't believe or accept Jesus or conform to Christianity, are doomed to go to Hell (once again, don't believe in Hell).

Old 06-13-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Not going to attack you either Irish, but that statement is in complete opposition to the Word.
MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort View Post
Wow..I must say I am quite shocked, SHOCKED, that your wrote this. I do have to agree with you on this (even though I don't believe in the concept of Heaven), I don't think that people who don't believe or accept Jesus or conform to Christianity, are doomed to go to Hell (once again, don't believe in Hell).
Oh I've written this many times you probably just haven't caught it before.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Not going to attack you either Irish, but that statement is in complete opposition to the Word.
MBG
Well that's assuming the Word stopped when Jesus died...I don't accept that. I also don't accept that God would create all these people and then condemn them to hell because they were of different religions. I don't think any of us can ever truly know what God intends and to think we do because of one book is foolish. Just my opinion, and like you said many who take the bible literally will disagree. But I think we can all agree that killing babies to insure they go to heaven would be silly.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,858 times
LOL, do you sit around and think of things to say here that will absolutely make us scratch our heads, clench our teeth, and roll our eyes. I love that you are so deep in your thought provoking questions, and honestly must say this, but in a sweet and gentle and kind way cause I do like you you really must change sides and become a follower of Christ, we really could use someone with your depth and sincere quest for knowledge.

I honestly can't say that I can answer this question. I do not want anyone to go to hell, but I cannot be the judge of who goes and who does not either. I think I will defer my answer to one better suited to know the answer, Jesus. I simply give it to Him to decide.
aiangel

Old 06-13-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Well that's assuming the Word stopped when Jesus died...I don't accept that. I also don't accept that God would create all these people and then condemn them to hell because they were of different religions. I don't think any of us can ever truly know what God intends and to think we do because of one book is foolish. Just my opinion, and like you said many who take the bible literally will disagree. But I think we can all agree that killing babies to insure they go to heaven would be silly.
So, Yeshua lied when He said there was One Way? I personally accept Him and His Word. And we who believe His Word can know, it is a promise, in His Word.
But then again you and I aren't of the same faith, so no use bickering here. Have a great day!!
MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
So, Yeshua lied when He said there was One Way? I personally accept Him and His Word. And we who believe His Word can know, it is a promise, in His Word.
But then again you and I aren't of the same faith, so no use bickering here.
MBG
I don't think he lied, I just don't think it's as cut and dry as many may think. I also don't think that just because Jesus was said to have said something in the bible that it means there is nothing beyond the bible.

I don't know what faith you are but I am Christian. So again I agree we disagree on many levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam