Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2013, 09:18 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Does that mean that you're "On the wagon" While "on the wagon" ?
Sounds like a lot of fun. ~♥~ Wagons Ho and yee haw !
I was the designated driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 09:39 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,163,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Distraught Alien Cedar giving Birth to Soul?

Great suggestions, and such a relief that you guys are seeing what I'm seeing!
Relief, my left foot. More like downright alarming that all us weirdos have congregated here!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Ma, have you ever considered writing and illustrating a children's book ? I like your drawings.
I wuz gonna say... yep, especially that sea turtle, it looks exactly like what a person might want as the wallpaper in their kid's bedroom. Really nice color and balance.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:35 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I was the designated driver.
I remember back in the day when we were drinkers, we would vote the "least loaded" one amongst us as our designated driver.
I've been in three rollovers and one wild ride down into a canyon where the car became an accordion and I didn't get hurt !
Gotta love the seat behind the driver. ~♥~

I'm really digging our new "Computer to TV" hook up system (We use windows 7).
I can go to YouTube and play a huge string of J.D. Souther songs and minimize that screen. The music plays on while I then go to City Data Forums and shoot the chit with ya all while enjoying the great music by J.D. Souther.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I remember back in the day when we were drinkers, we would vote the "least loaded" one amongst us as our designated driver.
I've been in three rollovers and one wild ride down into a canyon where the car became an accordion and I didn't get hurt !
Gotta love the seat behind the driver. ~♥~
Back in the day, when we used to close one eye so that half of the lanes went away?

Growing up in South Dakota, they had alcohol road blocks set up in the 60's. They would set up on the highway and every driver had to blow. I can remember the driver blowing over, so they'd have everybody in the car tested and if there was one person that was just under, they'd make sure that person drove and they'd let you all go. Not even ticket the original driver, just make sure that person wasn't driving when you left. In one case, they had us pull the car off on an approach and lock up the car. Then they gave us a ride home and dropped us off. Didn't even come inside and tell our folks that this bunch of 16-17 year olds were in a car on the highway and all of them were drunk. Won't happen today.

We were out with the wagon one late night and the driver was beyond knowing up from down. Keep in mind, you can talk to the team and they will respond. When they've traveled for a while you can just tie up the reigns, they will just plod along. So this Deputy stops us and checks on the driver. 3 guys sitting up front and nobody has the reigns. He asks, "Who's driving?" Everybody shook their heads and one guy says, "Nobody, the team is in charge and they come and got us to give us a ride home. Deputy says, "I'm going to follow and see." He went back and got in his car and the driver, quietly, spoke to the team and they started walking. They went around 3 or 4 corners going the half mile home and nobody touched the reigns. They walked right up and stopped in front of the sidewalk going to the front door. Deputy just drove off.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:25 PM

225 posts, read 304,228 times
Awww thx for the wonderful compliments!! I have never thought I was good enough to really to do much of anything with my art and I have even been told so by "professional artists" .
For a long time I didnt pick up brush or pencil because of it.. for years. I realize that was stupid now but back then it was very traumatic for me. I have just recently decided to get back into it.. and to hell with what other people think. If I like it.. then that is all that matters.
Lots of times people will say "draw this for me .. or paint that for me".. and it really irks me because I am not a "draw on demand" person. I have to draw when I feel like it or what I feel. I dont like people looking over my shoulder when I draw or paint.. it makes me feel as if I am being scrutinized or judged... and usually some one will say.. "Oh you should put so n so in that spot.. or make this bigger or that smaller"... then I just trash the work. And they wonder why.
But again.. thank you for such nice compliments.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM

There are two basic kinds of artists (art, writing, music, whatever):

Those who can produce on demand and to a customer's specification, and therefore can become commercial artists,

And those who can only produce when inspired.

It's great if a person can be both, but most of us aren't.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
There are two basic kinds of artists (art, writing, music, whatever):

Those who can produce on demand and to a customer's specification, and therefore can become commercial artists,

And those who can only produce when inspired.

It's great if a person can be both, but most of us aren't.
And some of us are neither.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,805 times
I would hope that art and artistic inspiration can be induced through encouragement and appreciation also.

I'm intrigued by ancient cave and rock art like pictographs and petroglyphs that are found seemingly all over the habitable parts of the world. I do small replicas and originals with a vibro-engraver on rocks that I have leftover from a masonry project I did several years ago.
I have neighbors who have rock quarries that have given me materials to work on too.
I'll see if I can dig up a photo or two of my rock art to show ya all. I may have already.
I haven't done any for a few months, been enjoying "laziness"

Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,130,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Yes.. you can call me Ma... been called a lot worse .
Here's few more of my art projects.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...9-grey-owl.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...sea-turtle.jpg

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-daffodils.jpg

enjoy!

you can also look me on facebook.. my profile is public and you can look at my pics on there.

Love the pic DLP
I really love your art! It has a certain, happy style
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana