Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 04:15 PM

193 posts, read 463,509 times

Advertisements

Well I sure enjoyed reading this thread. If I were closer Ida stopped over to say Hi. This reminded me that I got a 1/2 gal. jug of Crown Royal that I have never cracked the seal on. I'm saving it to share when we can call our selves Montana Residents. Hope you all are still meeting up when we get there. I would love to visit and share a swig.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:22 PM

989 posts, read 3,526,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Well I sure enjoyed reading this thread. If I were closer Ida stopped over to say Hi. This reminded me that I got a 1/2 gal. jug of Crown Royal that I have never cracked the seal on. I'm saving it to share when we can call our selves Montana Residents. Hope you all are still meeting up when we get there. I would love to visit and share a swig.

I don't drink much, but a few pulls of Crown Royal chased by some orange juice sound great. I'm in!!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Rickers, have you been to Wood Lake in the mountains behind Augusta yet? NICE little pothole lake and campground back there. Copper Creek near Lincoln is good, too. I caught some nice trout out of the lower creek, using worms or a black gnat fly, I don't remember which.

Them cousins sorta resemble some fellers I went to school with, what lived back in the brush somewhere by Coram!

Y'all wanna pass the Michelob and the pretzels??
I haven't gone to Wood Lake yet but I just found it on my map. I may go there tomorrow just to check it out and take a few pics. It may still be iced over. All my fishing gear is over on the west side and I'll not be over there for another 2 weeks. We did take the ditch road from Pishkun over to Gibson, that was an interesting drive. The Diversion Lake just downstream from Gibson reservoir looks real fishy. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Hey, jimj, ya mean the Dew Drop Inn is still there?? Man, I aint been in that place in YEARS!
But, since the Potters died, and the Coram Bar burned down, I haven't spent much time in that end of the valley anyway. I was more likely to be at the Paul Bunyan (gone now, too) or the Blue Moon.
The Dam Town Tavern in Hungry Horse was not too bad, either, when Dan Mangan had it. I wonder what ever happened to ol' Moon? Never did know his real name.
Did Billy Matelich find a way to burn the Elkhorn down, or was it really an accident?
At one time, long ago, I knew almost every bartender from Jack's Tavern in Kalispell to Essex. That was when highway 2 went across the river and past the Mountain View Tavern instead of through Evergreen.
Rickers, have you been to Wood Lake in the mountains behind Augusta yet? NICE little pothole lake and campground back there. Copper Creek near Lincoln is good, too. I caught some nice trout out of the lower creek, using worms or a black gnat fly, I don't remember which.

Them cousins sorta resemble some fellers I went to school with, what lived back in the brush somewhere by Coram!

Y'all wanna pass the Michelob and the pretzels??
Yep, the Dew Drop is still there but it's up for sale. Dam Town is still there as well as the Deer Lick. The Blue Moon is still "chugging" along and probably gets the most customers of anywhere.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:24 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
JJ did you see the message from the fancy NY lady and her frilly pooch looking for a kennel? Here, the buns are ready and I have cowboy coffee here, let me fill your cup.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:46 AM

355 posts, read 1,146,766 times
Don't go strainin' the grounds out, they put sand in your belly! And somebody up above just said the magic words, "Crown Royal" and "uncracked half-gallon".

He can have my chair, I'll be needin' the floor pretty quick anyway...

Old 04-04-2009, 09:50 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
JJ did you see the message from the fancy NY lady and her frilly pooch looking for a kennel? Here, the buns are ready and I have cowboy coffee here, let me fill your cup.
Yeppers I did but I have no clue as to "good" kennels in the valley since everyone I know just has neighbors who "sit" for them.
Well off to the tea party today, wonder if anyone will show? I guess worse case I'll just come back and plop down on the porch chair and see who comes by...

Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 PM

Enjoy, I need to sweep up for the next round of visitors. I guess a real cowboy strains the coffee with his teeth. Stop back over and tell us how it went. I hardly make diddley any more so I don't think I am funding alot of papa O's programs. Got most of it stuffed in the mattress, don't tell Rickers, him and them cousins will be over a robbing me.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:45 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Hey I'm the goody two-shoes of the family, If my cousins rob ya I'll drag both of them by those giant ears of theirs and make them return it. It's Peekaboo who is the real thief in the family. My wife was eating french fries and she gave a tiny little end piece off of a french fry to Peekaboo. What gratitude, Peekers tossed the tiny piece, snuck down to the fries and grabbed one that was almost as long as her. She then ran with the huge french fry back up to my wife's shoulder to enjoy the stolen french fry. She was cocky all day after getting away with that.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Hey I'm the goody two-shoes of the family, If my cousins rob ya I'll drag both of them by those giant ears of theirs and make them return it. It's Peekaboo who is the real thief in the family. My wife was eating french fries and she gave a tiny little end piece off of a french fry to Peekaboo. What gratitude, Peekers tossed the tiny piece, snuck down to the fries and grabbed one that was almost as long as her. She then ran with the huge french fry back up to my wife's shoulder to enjoy the stolen french fry. She was cocky all day after getting away with that.
Now that was just precious I understand they can become very smart. Careful around the porch, there is a big ole horn owl up there, might like to snack on little peek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana