Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 12:56 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,634,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
Their father is mixed race and was raised by white people in a world where there were few Blacks and yes the system worked for him.
Shhhhh! You're dangerously close to suggesting the radical idea that a person's culture and behavior, not skin color, is the key determinant in his or her success. Do you have any idea how many people will be disenfranchised from their victimhood status if your radical ideas were to be accepted?

Quote:
It's interesting that you would use him instead of someone like Clarence Thomas as your example.
Interesting.
What about Clarence Thomas? He's not disadvantaged either, nor are his children (if he has any). He's actually someone who does more than simply flap his lips against racial discrimination -- he actually stands up and votes against it. A man of courage if there ever was one, which is why he is despised by nearly all of the black elites.

Hats off to Clarence Thomas, no question about it! Not disadvantaged, just intelligent and hard working.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
I mentioned trades. Do you think you need a university education to be a plumber? A bricklayer?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue anymore, since your belief that it's only white males that can have a successful career without college education is just ridiculous.
I never said ONLY white males but you are not being honest.
How likely is it that others (nonwhm) would have the same quality of life w/o a degree or the military behind them?
Not very.
I don't make this stuff up.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
You are correct in that it isn't a level playing field now, but you are dead wrong as to which side the pendulum has swung to.

Isn't Obama Black? What further evidence do people need that hard work and ability will get you success in this country no matter your background.
Obama is one guy. I am happy for him, deliriously happy. But the reality for most is no different than at any other time.

India had a prime minister once who was an Untouchable.

Did that improve life at all for the vast majority of them? I don't think so..............

Old 04-16-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Throughout our history, poor whites have had more value to their lives than rich blacks.
Let's talk about today, not a 100 or 1,000 years ago. Today, rich blacks have far, far more opportunities and privileges than poor whites.

It's the reality of today that you don't want to address, I see.

Quote:
He will. But will you acknowledge it?
Come back and talk to me when he does so, and you'll find out.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
[quote=CaptainNJ;8374244]
Quote:
its sick that political correctness allows for this type of discrimination and people actually defend it. i doubt that the white males who are constantly discriminated against will put up with it forever.
I'm still trying to figure out how white men are being discriminated against, and just who are these folks who are discriminating against them? Is it a South African apartheid system where a few minorities wield absolute power in a brutal manner?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,931,220 times
I'm glad to hear you say something about someone other than Obama.
Someone that was raised by Black people in an actual Black community. Fancy that.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
How likely is it that others (nonwhm) would have the same quality of life w/o a degree or the military behind them?
Not very.
i agree you arent making anything up, because you arent saying anything. i dont know what the quality of life a non-white or white person has without a degree. have you offered up some kind of a study on this issue?

i dont see why a non-white without a degree is in a worse position than a white without a degree.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Not very.
This is what you said:

Quote:
There are young white males in this country (under 30) who live quite well w/o college degrees. That is what I meant.
Have you spent time outside of the bubble you live in?
Look at the way people live. Spend some time in your country.

And you called it the "white male thing".

I don't understand any point you're trying to make with that. If your point is simply "people can live happy successful lives without college degrees" than I don't disagree with you.

But it's got nothing to do with whether it's fair for a public university to give scholarships based on racist classifications.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM

392 posts, read 842,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its sick that political correctness allows for this type of discrimination and people actually defend it. i doubt that the white males who are constantly discriminated against will put up with it forever.

if you are defending this, thats fine with me. its the donors money so their wishes should be followed. however, i guarantee that the same people who see no problem with this would be offended if someone donated money that could only be used for white males.
Spot on.

I would be equally troubled with the acceptance of a "white only" donation. Note how many of the posters who are saying this isn't an issue refuse to answer the question:

Would it be okay for a State University to accept a "white only" donation?

Last edited by xmonger; 04-16-2009 at 01:42 PM..

Old 04-16-2009, 01:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
[quote=Sunil's Dad;8374335]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

I'm still trying to figure out how white men are being discriminated against, and just who are these folks who are discriminating against them? Is it a South African apartheid system where a few minorities wield absolute power in a brutal manner?
minorities are afforded special grants/scholarships and other coniserations that whites arent. this puts the whites at a disadvantage. if everyone gets $10k for tuition except white males then they are being discriminated against.

your welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey