Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2012, 11:17 AM

588 posts, read 947,838 times

Advertisements

Too much multiculturalism/diversity isn't always a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular folk View Post
I am getting some feedback from posters saying that I am wrong and old fashioned for wanting to live in a place with a majority white and American born population. They are saying that NYC is the way all cities in the world should be and the perfect place is exactly like NYC where people speak hundreds of languages, hold on to their native cultures, and reject the melting pot theory and embrace multiculturalism. Places like NYC are what America should be like and places like Pittsburgh are old and out of date.
Wow...I mean wow... so this dude obviously does not consider blacks as Americans...even though his native Georgia has so many black people, majority of blacks live in the south and Atlanta is majority black.

I think you will be better off in some southern hick town where you can join the local Klan chapter and terrorize any minorities you see in your neighborhood. And leech off the tax dollars that subsidize your poverty ridden red states.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,908,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Wow...I mean wow... so this dude obviously does not consider blacks as Americans...even though his native Georgia has so many black people, majority of blacks live in the south and Atlanta is majority black.

I think you will be better off in some southern hick town where you can join the local Klan chapter and terrorize any minorities you see in your neighborhood. And leech off the tax dollars that subsidize your poverty ridden red states.
This is the best answer that guy is gonna get.
We dont need this type of people here anyway.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM

2,090 posts, read 3,577,846 times
I wanted to let everybody know that "Regular Folk" is going onto the DC forum claiming that he lives in Queens... even though on this thread he said he lives in Manhattan and would "hate" to commute to work from Queens.

Do the wages in Washington DC make up for the higher cost of living?

I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,711,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
. Are you suggesting the us New Yorkers are irregular in some way? What makes your way of life better than ours and why are you regular folk? I

Kinda thought OP was talking about bowel movement. Hey, WTF does "regular" folk mean to us other than that?( Born and raised NYer here)

Old 09-07-2012, 05:40 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,518,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chad View Post
How about hunting for purposes of population control and prevention of property damage? What are your views on this?
I don't want to get into this in this thread, but I doubt hunting is necessary for the above. It is always chosen by some people as the first choice, not the last. Sort of reminds me of war hawks and war mongers: My answer is that this is the worst solution, and should be the last.

You know, it's also an attitude: We had women subjected to men, we had slaves, and now, we still have hunters...

They use hunting as a "solution" when it is just a preferred method.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilldeadly View Post
You are sadly mistaken. You have very little clue as to what hunting is about. I have many friends who hunt and they always use the meat. Maybe next time you walk to your favorite grocery store you can think about how nicely those animals in the cellophane wrapped containers was treated.

Or maybe when you are driving and you smack a deer and watch it die slowly? Is that a better way? Most hunters are respectful of the animals they kill. They use as much of the deer as possible. I have ruined many vehicles due to deer and every time they died horribly.

I hope this country goes through a return to basics due to some sort of collapse. The mush headed animal lovers of the world will starve given that most can't survive unless their food is placed in a bag for them. You don't just walk out and shoot a deer. You HUNT them. You sit in a stand for hours at a time, sometimes getting nothing. You have to be a great shooter and ultra patient. Hunting teaches patience and skill.

This world was built on hunting and gathering, get over it. You don't want to hunt, that's cool. Not everyone is up for it. But don't put down and label many people who work everyday and want to go outside and shoot a deer.
I could, point by point, respond to every line of your post. This thread is not for that. Sorry.

But I will say this: It is not necessary to hunt for food, yes, our way of growing and killing animals for food in our factory farms is horrible... and you should do some reading, like reading what great thinkers have to say about all of this. It has been discussed A LOT. Find it if you are really concerned about the suffering of animals.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanlover View Post
i'm afraid a once beautiful city (up until the 60s) has been taken over by animals and gays. Upstanding pure white true americans are no longer welcomed.
lol!!!:d

Old 09-07-2012, 05:48 PM

It was all sarcasm! Not to worry!! (the post by manhattan lover )

Old 09-07-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular folk View Post
I am getting some feedback from posters saying that I am wrong and old fashioned for wanting to live in a place with a majority white and American born population. They are saying that NYC is the way all cities in the world should be and the perfect place is exactly like NYC where people speak hundreds of languages, hold on to their native cultures, and reject the melting pot theory and embrace multiculturalism. Places like NYC are what America should be like and places like Pittsburgh are old and out of date.
What I am saying - me, anyway - is that I, too, would love to live around a lot of people from my same background (like I did when I was a child) because we have a lot in common. It's more fun, for me, or, easier. OTH, I think it is not true that everyone feels what you say some posters feel, i.e. that every city should be like NYC.

I DO, however, feel that all cities should be tolerant and welcoming to people of all races, gender types, etc. I believe that deeply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City