Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 10:26 AM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,549 times

Advertisements

The shark hath been jumpethed.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:39 AM

1,227 posts, read 633,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Brushing her hair.

/thread
Washing her feet every evening.

/thread

Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedonaverde View Post
With my soon to be possibly unemployed status I'm in no position to sign what's typically a minimum of one year lease.

Quote:
Funny how in the first few pages everyone was calling her crazy, taking my side, encouraging me to be brave essentially - and now none of her misdeeds matter because I post ways

I'm thinking about getting even that aren't even violent?
The opportunity passed when she refused to answer calls. Let her take an Uber home.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:41 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Sounds like you might have an S & M streak. Have you considered writing erotic stories, or taking calls for a phone sex service as way to release your pent up sexual energy? I don't think your loony land lady would be a good choice for acting out your fantasies.

More than just a streak of S & M. Based on everything OP describes about work, daily activities, home life, professional and personal interactions with other people, fantasies and thought processes, delusions and loss of contact with reality - OP sounds like s/he is suffering from a debilitating victim-hood psychosis that psychologists are now referring to as "concept creep". OP should be getting professional psychological counseling for his/her psychosis, not asking for advice and suggestions from strangers on forums which can be more harmful than helpful.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:13 PM

359 posts, read 302,217 times
I'm afraid things are going downhill with my roommate with no progress in sight. When I rebooked the room we discussed how I'd like us to both try to go to bed earlier and she said OK, she'd try to shower before 12am. Reality, it's been noisy several nights with her bathroom and bedroom door open, banging drawers, talking on the phone late several nights this week. I feel like my requests for reasonable behavior from her falls on deaf ears.
Remember when I took her grocery shopping and how she demanded to be dropped off at the front door as if I was her private driver, then to be picked up when the store closed? Well she left a stain on my front passenger seat and it's a leased car so I'm liable for damages when I return it.

Also today I came home after being away for 12 hours and rather than greet me in a friendly manner, she complained how the floor at the front door was a bit dirty from the mud on the bottom of my boots from the day I had helped rake the wet leaves. I told her it could be resolved if she has a plastic footwear tray or one of those rubber mats for foul weather but since she's so cheap, she just put a few sheets of newspaper in a small square space. She expects me to stand on a small mat right behind the door, balance on one foot as I close it behind me and stand on one sheet of newspaper...rather than something bigger / more practical. Just another sign of how her frugality and critical nature are causing me inconvenience and aggravation.

Oh and I think I figured out the circumstances of her revealing cleavage and her bra to my eyes. It was when I was helping her and she wouldn't look me in the eyes, instead staring off into space. Her eyes were diverted and that's when I got to enjoy the cheap thrills of visually enjoying her body. Unfortunately those fun summer days are long gone.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:22 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Time to close the thread.....

Old 01-23-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The opportunity passed when she refused to answer calls. Let her take an Uber home.

Oh you mean when she ran out my car at the store and disappeared for an hour, leaving me waiting for her in the parking lot without telling me she wasn't done yet? I've done something you described to a woman I went out with on a couple of dates. I took her to a mountain resort and all she did was complain non stop, had a frown on her face, kept insisting to go sit in the bar while I was trying to show her a good time outside. I spent a lot of time and some money planning that date. She preferred hanging out with a colleague who had also come along (we split up once arriving at the resort with the agreement we'd meet up again at the end of the day.

What did I end up doing? I ditched the woman in the bar , walked back to my car and drove the 1.5 hours back home. On the way home she was buzzing my cell phone non stop, I felt a rush of adrenaline, I got chewed out by my colleague the following week, but it felt satisfying to give that woman what she deserved.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:46 PM

I gave my roommate a taste of her own medicine tonight and she didn't like it. Here's what happened.
1. She told me she'd go to bed early
2. She's already in her room but I see a light on.
3. So I ask her when she plans to prepare for bed. (she often asks me the same thing often when I'm minding my own business sitting on the couch reading)
4. She replies: she's already prepared for bed.
5. I reply OK and continue prepping for bed myself including brushing my teeth, brushing my hair back, washing my face in my bathroom
6. Then all of a sudden I hear her bedroom open and she walks to her own bathroom on the other side of the hallway. So I immediately think she lied. Why claim she's ready for bedtime, is lying on her bed but then get up?
7. She comes back to her room (I'm still in my bathroom with the door closed).
8. I hear her coughing and think to myself why so loud?
9. I exit my bathroom and what do I see? Her bedroom is wide open!! She's lying in bed but it's dark so I can't see her.
Silly me, instead of lighting a candle and going to visit her to see if I can help or if she's OK, I ask her why her door is open
10. She grumbles and tells me I shouldn't monitor her so much (ha ha, maybe she should take her own advice!)
11. She claims it'll only be (wide) open for a minute
12. Four minutes pass, still open. I go downstairs and return. It's closed now.
13. Conclusion? Why did she lie about being ready for bed when she wasn't?

Old 01-23-2019, 11:54 PM

17,747 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
I gave my roommate a taste of her own medicine tonight and she didn't like it. Here's what happened.
1. She told me she'd go to bed early
2. She's already in her room but I see a light on.
3. So I ask her when she plans to prepare for bed. (she often asks me the same thing often when I'm minding my own business sitting on the couch reading)
4. She replies: she's already prepared for bed.
5. I reply OK and continue prepping for bed myself including brushing my teeth, brushing my hair back, washing my face in my bathroom
6. Then all of a sudden I hear her bedroom open and she walks to her own bathroom on the other side of the hallway. So I immediately think she lied. Why claim she's ready for bedtime, is lying on her bed but then get up?
7. She comes back to her room (I'm still in my bathroom with the door closed).
8. I hear her coughing and think to myself why so loud?
9. I exit my bathroom and what do I see? Her bedroom is wide open!! She's lying in bed but it's dark so I can't see her.
Silly me, instead of lighting a candle and going to visit her to see if I can help or if she's OK, I ask her why her door is open
10. She grumbles and tells me I shouldn't monitor her so much (ha ha, maybe she should take her own advice!)
11. She claims it'll only be (wide) open for a minute
12. Four minutes pass, still open. I go downstairs and return. It's closed now.
13. Conclusion? Why did she lie about being ready for bed when she wasn't?
Why are you pestering her about going to bed?

Old 01-24-2019, 01:59 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Lighting a candle? Do you think your life exists within a Harlem Romance novel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships