Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,002,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
From a male perspective, I seem to have noticed over the years that many, not all of course, girls/women are just not very nice to each other. Also I've heard females speak enviously about the easy rapport males have with each other. Why is this? Is it a competitive thing? Is it that men are more direct? Do most women grow out of it? We like to say that women are the gentler, nicer sex, but is it really true. Please help educate the father of a daughter.
Considering, when attending an event (such as a wedding), if two women show up wearing identical gowns, both are upset, and one may even leave.

Men would appear to be more civilised... Which, in turn, would suggest that women are less civilised...

I don't know the answer, you tell me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM

430 posts, read 1,193,222 times
Can anyone explain to me why there are COUNTLESS girl fights at my school? From what I see if you even open a door or walk by a girl the wrong way there ready to fight. Did I mention that the girls in my school are grouped in small factions consiting of up to 9 people. Also for some odd reason they ALL hate the other factions with a passion. It's like a HUGE squad deathmatch.

Old 11-29-2011, 01:52 PM

430 posts, read 1,193,222 times
Can anyone explain to me why there are COUNTLESS girl fights at my school? From what I see if you even open a door or walk by a girl the wrong way there ready to fight. Did I mention that the girls in my school are grouped in small factions consiting of up to 9 people. Also for some odd reason they ALL hate the other factions with a passion. It's like a HUGE squad deathmatch.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:27 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,362,915 times
Funny and interesting thread. Not touching this one thats for sure! lol

Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 PM

22,365 posts, read 29,491,867 times
It's really stupid but it does exist. It's called jealousy and insecurity. Happened the other night with me and some lady in the ER with my mom. Good thing she kept walking or otherwise she would have been admitted herself!!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,213,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Considering, when attending an event (such as a wedding), if two women show up wearing identical gowns, both are upset, and one may even leave.

Men would appear to be more civilised... Which, in turn, would suggest that women are less civilised...

I don't know the answer, you tell me...
Yes, as long as you don't take assault and murder into account. Civilized all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
This is an interesting question. I often ponder the answer myself being a woman. I just don't see the reason for the unnecessary pettiness and drama. And A LOT of women choose to participate in this kind of behavior. I disregard this and choose not to participate in it.
So, why do you do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I never had many girl friends growing up and to this day I only have a handful of girl friends.

I find men to be drama free (in most cases) and more honest and blunt...
Same question. Why the drama?

Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,788,997 times
Behind every "mean girl" or "rude girl" there is a very insecure girl who doesn't love herself.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 PM

73,087 posts, read 62,726,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Behind every "mean girl" or "rude girl" there is a very insecure girl who doesn't love herself.
Same thing behind every "alpha male".

Old 11-29-2011, 05:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Do you go to school or college in a third world country? Because that's called divide and conquer. Research divide and conquer and collectivism. It generally happens in corrupt nations or cultures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Miaugie View Post

Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
And Santa Clause flies around the globe and gives free gifts to all the good Christian children.

There are certainly hegemonic influences that influence bad social behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships