Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 09:38 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,593 times

Advertisements

Nascarnancy,
I'm just curious, have you been to Weddington for a visit yet? It really is nice. We looked there before finding a place nearby in Stallings (Matthews border).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2006, 09:55 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
Hey Mark, you sure you still want us over? With krusklan's4 boys, my 6 yr.old girl, 4 yr. old girl, 7mth boy, and your children, too-you'll need more than a few Buds. Of course WE'LL be having fun. It's not OUR newly built home.
We're hoping to fence our yard in for the dawgs, so as long as we can lock the kids outside we'll be good

Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Mark,
Sounds like a plan.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc
IHave you buried the St. Joseph Statue yet??
I got desperate, bought it , buried it and after about 5 or 6 weeks the house was sold It really works!!!
Yeah, gave in, let my mom bury it. We've dropped the price, keeping our fingers crossed!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
Nascarnancy,
I'm just curious, have you been to Weddington for a visit yet? It really is nice. We looked there before finding a place nearby in Stallings (Matthews border).
No we haven't been to Weddington or Waxhaw. We have heard that Weddington is a nice area. Have heard good things about Stallings also. Here is a little blurb on the correct pronounciation (hope that's spelt right, it's been a long day!).

I'd been saying STAH-lings, like "stall" your car.

But no: it's STAL-lings, like "stallion."

Old 05-22-2006, 07:32 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer
Yeah, gave in, let my mom bury it. We've dropped the price, keeping our fingers crossed!
So after you buried it have you been saying the prayer that goes along with it?

Procedure for burying a St. Joseph statue when selling a home:

Make a hole in the ground that is large enough to bury the St. Joseph statue (in protective wrap) vertically.
Place the statue upside down in the ground.
Face the upside down statue TOWARDS the home that is to be sold.
For nine consecutive days, pray the St. Joseph Novena included here.
Once the home is sold, remove the statue from the ground.
Display the statue in a place of honor in the new home.

The Prayer:

Dear Saint Joseph, God the Father chose you from all men to be the husband of Mary and the foster father of Jesus. You cared thoughtfully and wholeheartedly for them while on Earth. It was through you Jesus first learned of His Heavenly Father's gentleness, compassion, protection, and provision. So close were you that He was known simply as the Carpenter's son.

We now ask your help in these our requests. Please intercede before our Heavenly Father for His protection, provision and peace. Help us sell our home and find a new one, suitable for our needs.

Grant us harmony and grace in our home, and may we be ever hospitable to family, friends and neighbors.

Finally when our life on this earth is over, bring us safely to our heavenly home, where at last we shall enjoy eternal joy with you and all the family of God. Amen

Old 05-22-2006, 07:33 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
[quote=Mvn2nc]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy

Be paitient it will happen!
Have you been to NC latley and found your house yet?
No, once we sell we are just packing and moving. We will live with my brother and sister in law while we look for a house. We do look on line at what's for sale so at least we have an idea. I have my clipboard and check off list ready to go house hunting! My sister in law is excited to house hunt with us. They bought their home in Charlotte in 83, so they know the area pretty well. We just about get lost driving out of their housing track! Although last time we were back their we did venture out on our own and we did pretty good.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 PM

25 posts, read 59,763 times
Hi Mvn2nc...we're buying a house in Linwood Farms, it was between there and Curtis Pond where our friends bought, but we went with Linwood.

jerseymom, I remember Captain G's I think, it was on Rt.1 and Ford Ave. right?

I never went there, I was still pretty young when they knocked it down.

Now yous guys got me thinkin I should change the spelling of my name...LOL

DevilDawg

Old 05-22-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
We're hoping to fence our yard in for the dawgs, so as long as we can lock the kids outside we'll be good
Hey New Englander, wouldn't it be "dahgs" for you?

Thanks nascarnancy, saved me from some embarassment, I'm sure!

Oh, and DevilDawg, thanks for making me feel old!

Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 PM

889 posts, read 3,117,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog
Hi Mvn2nc...we're buying a house in Linwood Farms, it was between there and Curtis Pond where our friends bought, but we went with Linwood.

jerseymom, I remember Captain G's I think, it was on Rt.1 and Ford Ave. right?

I never went there, I was still pretty young when they knocked it down.

Now yous guys got me thinkin I should change the spelling of my name...LOL

DevilDawg
How interesting! my son is in the proccess of buying a house in that development. He has one in Tall Oaks development but has decided to eventually rent that one out but just signed a contract yesterday there aaat Linwood Farms but it has yet to be built.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina