Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM

64 posts, read 77,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangman2002 View Post
thnx ranger
Thank you stang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 05:13 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy terry View Post
I went into the office, they pulled up my file and told me 2 in contacts per week, in person or internet. Phones call not accepted. That's all I can tell you, these are my requirements for EB. You may want to check for yourself, if it varies from person to person.

I understand that is what your requirements are, however what I meant was did you ask if you can get them amended.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:13 PM

162 posts, read 193,372 times
mommyterry, We were told at ESC that as long as we got a contact name, phone calls were acceptable as a job search.

Every time I read another Republican say we have an unemployment bill attached with the budget it is Perdue who won't sign it, my blood pressure rises. Ask Senator Apodaca what it has to do with the budget and why can't he vote on it by itself.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM

264 posts, read 363,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post
mommyterry, We were told at ESC that as long as we got a contact name, phone calls were acceptable as a job search.

Every time I read another Republican say we have an unemployment bill attached with the budget it is Perdue who won't sign it, my blood pressure rises. Ask Senator Apodaca what it has to do with the budget and why can't he vote on it by itself.
But those two articles (well, one article and one fact-check) in the Raleigh News & Observer today made it clear what the real deal is. I commend those journalists for peeling back the rhetoric in order to let some light shine on the truth.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:35 PM

64 posts, read 77,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1girl View Post

I had a different experience with the ESC. Since I am a veteran, they are requiring me to do only in person interviews, 2 a week on 2 different days. Needless to say, it's hard to get an interview. I'm hoping that since the EB is on hiatus with the NCGA, they will forego that .

Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM

230 posts, read 275,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
I had a different experience with the ESC. Since I am a veteran, they are requiring me to do only in person interviews, 2 a week on 2 different days. Needless to say, it's hard to get an interview. I'm hoping that since the EB is on hiatus with the NCGA, they will forego that .

Why does being a veteran change their attitude to make you do a more restrictive search? Most people dont have to have an interview, just contact as well.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM

24 posts, read 28,666 times
Default mommyterry

That respond was cold. The bill will be added to the budget and hopefully it gets past soon and add have a nice day. How is that possible when he is holding up the bill

Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM

162 posts, read 193,372 times
rangerbob, wow, I can't even get an interview. Only rejection emails. That seems really difficult.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM

264 posts, read 363,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerbob View Post
I'd never known them to require interviews since that is really out of our control. I'd tell them well, you set up the interviews and I'll be there!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 PM

157 posts, read 182,158 times
just watched the clip on WRAL, "Budget fight keeps Perdue, GOP at unemployment stalemate"

Needless to say, it didn't sound very promising. I'm hoping I will have enough $ between 3 different credit cards to pay rent in a few weeks. I'm pretty dang P.O'd.

Also, I am in the WIA program and going to AB-Tech full time and hope to graduate after this fall. If you are in the WIA your work search is waived as it is considered gov approved training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina