Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:22 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,934,041 times

Advertisements

I'm an ESHS grad... craziest things that happened during my time there were all the bomb scares after the columbine shooting and then of course 9/11 my senior year.

Just nuts... hope they find this guy soon. Although, I wouldn't be the least shocked if they found this coward eventually with a self-inflicted wound dead in the woods or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
...a self-inflicted wound dead in the woods or something.
Better that than a suicide by cop shootout...

Old 09-19-2014, 11:30 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Better that than a suicide by cop shootout...
I don't hunt anymore. But October 4th is the first day of our PA archery season. Many area hunters will be heading into the woods. Some are out now checking out the best place for opening season. I hope that they catch him before our hunters bump into him. He might be an avid hunter; but I don't think any of us could guarantee the safety of anybody making contact with this fugitive.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:30 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
How has everyone's weekend been going with this wacko still on the loose? It sounded like they thought they had him the other day, but today's newspaper doesn't indicate that. This is the most current news I could find on-line: Day 9 Of Manhunt For PA Barracks Shooting Suspect Eric Frein « CBS Philly

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
How has everyone's weekend been going with this wacko still on the loose? It sounded like they thought they had him the other day, but today's newspaper doesn't indicate that. This is the most current news I could find on-line: Day 9 Of Manhunt For PA Barracks Shooting Suspect Eric Frein « CBS Philly
I belong to a hunting camp that is close to the search area. I like to fish back there when I get a chance. I don't think that I will be going back until this is cleared up. But there are many hunting camps in the area. The cabins are easy to break into and some have provisions for the up coming hunting season about to start. I presume that the State Police have some of these cabins under surveillance. In Pike County alone I think I heard the news state that there were something like 14,000 vacation homes or vacated homes in foreclosure.

If this guy isn't found hunting season will account for many false sightings. There is also a good chance that a hunter will bump into him.

There are a few things that bother me about the news that we have herd. Nobody stated why they thought that he singled out the Blooming Grove State Police? I thought that a local (Barrett township police officer) confronted him about the outstanding NY warrant? The only job that I heard of him doing was the one TV or movie that he gave 'expert' advice. We do not know if he owns a dirt bike or ATV? I also want to know more about this war games group that nobody has identified - is there a reason they have not identified the group? They were quick enough to identify the Pocono Mountain Rife Team - that I shot on many years ago. I just hope that we hear more information in the coming weeks.

By the way; WNEP has better coverage than my Pocono Record: WNEP.com | News, Weather & Sports from WNEP-TV — Proud to Serve Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania. They are quicker to air briefings and other information on the case.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:47 PM

28 posts, read 105,830 times
I am not normally into conspiracy theories but something isn't right about this. Why did his vehicle have so much evidence? If he is on foot how did he get away so fast? Some if this stuff is X-files territory but some of it...

Susan Katz Keating: More to the Story on Eric Frein? Red Flags Amid the Yellow Police Tape

PA State Police Shooter Eric Frein is a Communist - Possible False Flag Still Under Way!

Old 09-21-2014, 02:20 PM

343 posts, read 604,233 times
The news said he traveled on foot 15-20 miles from the barracks to where they think he is now. Also, he was arrested and jailed in NYS for stealing. Why not go up there? Unfortunately, he isn't thinking logically with mental issues. Let's hope they get him soon.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie2008 View Post
The news said he traveled on foot 15-20 miles from the barracks to where they think he is now. Also, he was arrested and jailed in NYS for stealing. Why not go up there? Unfortunately, he isn't thinking logically with mental issues. Let's hope they get him soon.
From what I understand; our police are looking very close where our hunting camp is located. There are thousands of wooded acres. Some of it is impenetrable - bogs floating over deep swamps, huckleberry and briars so thick that you have to crawly of physically push you body through (it's exhausting) - then there are the rattlesnakes, deer ticks and mosquitos. Have you ever tried to walk on swamp grass? Swam grass is like climbing the stairs in the Washington Monument. It looks flat and easy - but you step on a clump and your foot slides off - so you have to literally climb 'stairs'. Since rattlesnakes are very protected in PA today - that whole area has more all the time. There is a large den that snake hunters used to hunt in the old days - but not anymore. We are seeing more and more rattlesnakes and some of them are very large. The swamps back there also have deer keds: Deer Keds — Entomology — Penn State University. They crawl on you like ticks but they have wings and can fly to get to you. As far as I know they do not have the infectious diseases that tics carry - but they still make your skin crawl.

It is one thing to go back and play in that mess for a day - it is another thing to actually try to live there. He cannot race home for a first aid kit, doctor's treatment or whatever.

I did not think anything of his parent's Jeep found with incriminating evidence. I don't think it was his plan to abandon the Jeep. Of course a picture of the partially submerged Jeep would help put down conspiracy theories. That was the second mistake that he made that night - the first was shooting at the State Police. I do not think this guy is infallible - he has shown himself to use poor judgment. I think that it is only a matter of time.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonX View Post
I am not normally into conspiracy theories but something isn't right about this. Why did his vehicle have so much evidence? If he is on foot how did he get away so fast? Some if this stuff is X-files territory but some of it...
Just guessing but I think what has happened here is he planned this for long time, the weapons left in the vehicle were probably excess... If he has caches of food and supplies this could turn into a very long situation. If you know the woods especially those particular woods moving through them quickly is certainly possible. He had nearly a full moon and when you are in the woods that is a lot of light. We used to hike through the night many miles just because we could.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:08 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Just guessing but I think what has happened here is he planned this for long time, the weapons left in the vehicle were probably excess... If he has caches of food and supplies this could turn into a very long situation. If you know the woods especially those particular woods moving through them quickly is certainly possible. He had nearly a full moon and when you are in the woods that is a lot of light. We used to hike through the night many miles just because we could.
The PSP seem to indicate that they believe it was planned over a long period of time, yes. I can't help but wonder why? I think back to the shooting at the township building near Saylorsburg, but that was such a crime of passion and anger. This guy seems more cold blooded.

Also, in addition to the points you made, he is a survivalist so he probably already has stashes of provisions all over the place. He could be running from house to house under the cover of night.

I don't think this will last. Sooner or later, a tip will lead them in the right direction. I just hope it is sooner for the people who live up there. I have a friend who hasn't been to his house in days!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania