U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-13-2011, 05:06 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,318,410 times
Reputation: 1410

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina.Click View Post
They can also get nail infections; make sure you remove their nails as well.
External and medium ear infections can occur and will occur actually quite often in a child. Better crop those ears soon too
Please do remember that feet fungus is incredibly common. You know what to do.

And last but not least: I did not state that water and soap prevent STD. I explained that it only prevents about just as much as circumcision. As in, close to not at all. I can't make myself clearer than that, Taboo.

Either my English is not fluent enough, either your comprehension abilities.

As for "the studies". The one linked by the OP has been reconfirmed as null... read some more updated ones I guess.

I also find it weird that societies that actually managed to implement and maintain a ban in dog ears and nail cropping in international competitions is quite fine about circumcision.
"My son? Yeh sure! Chop that off. What, Fluffy? NO! BARBARIANS!"

Meh.

Don't forget to remove your child's teeth. It will prevent him from getting cavities!

 
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 AM
 
671 posts, read 1,340,238 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Lol, probably true. I know my sons generation are all cut, maybe the tides are turning now.

Like someone said earlier...if you are used to apples, a pear isn't gonna cut it.
If you get far enough with a girl that you are naked with her then she doesn't really care if you are cut or uncut. She likes you for other reasons. The only way I could see this affecting his sex life is if he wants to be in pornos. If that is the case then he will have to do foreign ones.

What is wrong with the way God made us that we have to do this? With so many Americans being overweight and obese, I would think that would detract from looks more than the appearance of your penis.

Another thing is that all the women I have met like longer penises. Does this mean all those who support circumcision will also be getting penis enlargers?
 
Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,598,774 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
You and your imaginary friends can keep it, me and the reality of diseases will remove what is considered a cootie catcher.
Sounds like you need a lesson in genital hygiene.
 
Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 PM
 
58 posts, read 60,492 times
Reputation: 45
Yay. I am not speaking as a parent, but as a young female who has lived in Europe and America. Ummm...I am not sure how to nicely put this, but I prefer Circumsized! It seems cleaner and the sensation seems better annnnnd.......it is more enjoyable for many reasons. I plan on adopting sons and I want them circumsized, because I think it will be nicer for their wives later.
 
Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 PM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,262,202 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Sounds like you need a lesson in genital hygiene.
And why is that? Because soap does not prevent the spread of stds but I have posted 2 separate studies that show circumcision does decrease the chance of stds??

I get that some of you aren't happy that mommy cut you... But really how juvenile to harbor such resentment about something so long ago... Do you also cry yourself to sleep that she stopped breastfeeding you?

Good lord, If the AAP cannot decide one way or the other, who the hell are you too attempt to Tell others what they can and cannot do? You certainly don't know more about this subject than professionals so please stop embarrassing yourselves.

You are confusing your Subjective Opinion with the Studies Objective Facts.

You do understand everyone has an opinion on this but none are better than the others and there is NO correct answer.
 
Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 PM
 
58 posts, read 60,492 times
Reputation: 45
All I can say as I speak for myself and many young female friends.....they prefer circumcized. Sex does not need to dictate what you do with your penis, but I think for women who know the difference you will have a better sex life....

not saying the woman will not marry and love you while overlooking it.

I dated a great guy in italy who was 28, he just got his skin string clipped because he was so self conscious annnd it bothered him. He called it , "finally being able to fully put the top down". I can tell you all the men I know who have been cut, seem to have an easier time pleasing a woman and enjoying many things. Even though this is a parent forum, sex matters to your children when they grow up.
 
Old 07-15-2011, 01:40 AM
 
33,166 posts, read 39,145,829 times
Reputation: 28525
One foreskin related infection and your son will be wishing he'd been cut, or problems later in life that would require adult circumcision would also have a male wishing he'd been circumcised.
Its not a big deal to do the operation at birth (trust me you wont remember a thing) but it can be a big deal if it needs to be done later in life..
 
Old 07-15-2011, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,237 posts, read 23,786,423 times
Reputation: 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sep View Post
Yay. I am not speaking as a parent, but as a young female who has lived in Europe and America. Ummm...I am not sure how to nicely put this, but I prefer Circumsized! It seems cleaner and the sensation seems better annnnnd.......it is more enjoyable for many reasons. I plan on adopting sons and I want them circumsized, because I think it will be nicer for their wives later.
what gives you the right to deceide that for the boys. I believe you are WRONG !!
 
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,237 posts, read 23,786,423 times
Reputation: 19906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sep View Post
Yay. I am not speaking as a parent, but as a young female who has lived in Europe and America. Ummm...I am not sure how to nicely put this, but I prefer Circumsized! It seems cleaner and the sensation seems better annnnnd.......it is more enjoyable for many reasons. I plan on adopting sons and I want them circumsized, because I think it will be nicer for their wives later.



Are you kidding ???

I think this sounds so selfish. Never mind about your sons wives, (hey, what if they are Gay???) what about your sons, you would get them cut because you think thier WIVES would like it better. I really have a problem with this post......and to adopt a boy that is not cut, then cut him because YOU think is is nicer???? sickening, this is sickening.

Something is wrong here!!
 
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Fairfax County, VA
3,718 posts, read 4,598,774 times
Reputation: 1448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sep View Post
All I can say as I speak for myself and many young female friends.....they prefer circumcized. Sex does not need to dictate what you do with your penis, but I think for women who know the difference you will have a better sex life....
I have a met a lot of women who simply don't care if the guy is or is not circumcized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Sep View Post
I plan on adopting sons and I want them circumsized, because I think it will be nicer for their wives later.
Let me be frank with you. It is not your decision, especially since you're a female. Let the husband/father make the decision for them, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top