Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:40 PM

2,071 posts, read 12,015,151 times

Advertisements

Great acomplishment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2007, 03:57 PM
gob

5 posts, read 8,643 times
This is a little reprieve for now . . . let's make sure they get put away by staying on top of this. Thanks for starting this thread!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:10 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,532,809 times
Congrats Peeps!!!

Good Job!!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,571,982 times
Just finished reading all of this thread. Astounded at the evilness of these people. And to think that there are probably more out there just like them. But what is gratifying here, is the determination and fortitude all of the 'victims' that posted on this thread and how y'all accomplished so much. Good work. And please keep us posted as events proceed.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:53 PM

575 posts, read 3,694,142 times
I read the whole thread too, wow you all did an awesome job that paid off in the end. The woman looks the ring leader to me, those 2 old men look like patsy's. ah but looks are deceiving. Good luck with it all.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:59 PM
gob

5 posts, read 8,643 times
I was told the woman is denying any knowledge of this entire string of events! Interesting . . . thanks to everyone that helped make this happen! I am grateful for your posts.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 PM

22 posts, read 117,288 times
I am not an involved party, but I just read this whole thread because of the number of posts. I just have to say "Fantabulous"! What a great feeling it must be to finally feel like some justice is being served. I hope they get EVERYTHING comin to 'em! Awesome job guys!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:47 AM

4 posts, read 6,780 times
Default Shameful

I can't believe this thread. I, too, got scammed by Bill Armstrong. I wish I would have found you all sooner. I live in a suburb of Chicago, and I sent him money for Aerosmith tickets ($140). I got the same sob story about his sick wife. I even told him I would say prayers for her (how stupid am I!!) and that I'm a dog lover too. I had a bad feeling after I sent my check, so I googled Bill Armstrong's name and found nothing (this was back in August) until now. THANK YOU, everyone, for working on this. Before I found all of you, I did file a complaint with IC3; they supposedly contact the appropriate police department. Thanks to Jeannie, I just finished e-mailing Judge Anderson. I saw the photos of these crooks; I can't believe they're so old. I wish my grandma were still around -- she would let them have it! They remind me of George Burns in that movie, Going in Style. I will also be contacting the Denmark PD to add my name to the list of complainants. If there are any new developments, let's all let each other know. Thanks, again!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 PM

14 posts, read 25,098 times
Default William Armstrong

Well, I got a copy of my cancelled money order back from Post Office today. It was cashed at a Wachovia Bank in Philadelphia, PA. I tried calling the bank, but they told me that there is nothing they can do. We have to follow police procedures in order for anything to be done.

I also called the Denmark police again because since speaking to Judge Anderson last week, no investigator has called me back like he told me they would. And now after speaking to the police, I feel absolutely baffled!

The officer, I didn't get his name, told me that what I need to do is send in information on what happened with my transaction with Bill Armstrong. I also need to include my date of birth, height and weight with this information.

What in the name of all that is Holy does my date of birth, height, and weight have to do with anything!! I can't believe this. Am I missing something?? I've never been in trouble in my life and thankfully have never had to file a police report against anyone, so I am naive, but I can't believe it matters how short/tall or fat/skinny I am to press charges against these crooks!!

I really don't mean any offense, but the only thing that comes to mind right now is Barney, Goober and Mayberry.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:15 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Before anyone sends personal information, they need to make sure they are actually talking to who they say they are talking to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search