Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM

22 posts, read 25,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh! Whistle blowers are now "snitches"! This can only be characterized because the Left are tried and true union supporters, no matter their actions, or inaction shall we say, probably caused the deaths of 2 babies.

Doesn't take a lot of imagination to include such a thing when you have a blizzard going on. Yeah, gale force winds, couldn't see a thing! Is that the only reason you believe?

I prefer to believe those independent accounts on the ground, those once-cherished by the Left whistle blowers, rather than an anonymous internet poster who tell me what I might want to hear.
I never stopped plowing the hiway I requested the hiway to be shut down for pedestrian cars I never once stopped plowing in the 14- hrs I worked don't change my words I gave it all I could
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 04:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
At this time, we don't know anything for sure. All you mention are rumors we all read on the web. However, even if there was union involvement, the question is to what extend and how much it effected the snow removal. There may even be cases of sanitary workers who had decided to take "initiatives" of their own...
On the other hand, the cityhall may have been over-zealous cutting budgets, gambled the storm will not be bad, and were not prepared accordingly. What about that Sanrene? I also read rumors in that direction...

All that happened last week. But my question is how well is NYC prepared for a real catastrophe. A terror plot, a natural disaster or a huge accident. The only disaster we know in recent times was 9/11 and the city was less then prepared. I am concerned that with all the budget cuts the city is still unprepared.
With 400 less workers that just strained them even more.
The cracks in the system due to budget cutbacks is showing.
People better start getting used to this; it's not going to get any better.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I am keeping up, dear. Three "whistle blowers" out of 3,500 workers sure makes for a great Fox news story...and Andrew Britbart? Excuse me if I wait until there's been a fair and balanced investigation of the REAL facts.
NYPost, Reuters, better for you? The story is the same. Whistle Blower(S), the kind that used to be embraced by the Left...unless of course they are blowing the whistle on an arm of the democrat party.

What possible reason would they have to lie?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With 400 less workers that just strained them even more.
The cracks in the system due to budget cutbacks is showing.
People better start getting used to this; it's not going to get any better.
There is no doubt bloomberg, other officials have handled it badly, from the start. I'm not sure it would have matteedr though if the union was engaged in a work slowdown.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:09 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
NYPost, Reuters, better for you? The story is the same. Whistle Blower(S), the kind that used to be embraced by the Left...unless of course they are blowing the whistle on an arm of the democrat party.

What possible reason would they have to lie?
There could be a lot of reasons. And they could be telling the truth. We'll have to wait and see the results of the investigation. Of course, if the investigation clears the union, it will be declared "bogus" by the RW.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There could be a lot of reasons. And they could be telling the truth. We'll have to wait and see the results of the investigation. Of course, if the investigation clears the union, it will be declared "bogus" by the RW.
The union protects their own - that is common knowledge. 400+ calling in sick is also a "typical" union action.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:18 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Uh-huh. 400+, calling in "sick" all at once. We do know, you just don't want to admit it. This would be a "typical" union work action, no doubt.
If you take the number of employees of NYC Sanitation(>10,000) who average taking 11.5 sick days a year, you will see a normal sick day would be about 315 call out sick. Considering the weather, have 85 more call out, would not be a big surprise, well, to a normal objective thinker. However ....

Old 01-01-2011, 04:18 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yup, I can also see a crew boss telling his plowers to "slow down, it's not safe out there!" and have someone in the crowd who hates his/her boss twist that into "my boss told me to drag my feet and not work as hard as I should." How better to punish a boss than to push that 'rumor' around the block?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
As a protest to budget cuts, that are needed, because the public sector unions are burying the states with their lavish contracts and pensions.

A newborn baby died while waiting 9 hours for the EMTs to show up.

This is more than disgusting.

Sanitation workers selfishly slowed down the cleanup - NYPOST.com

Gov. David Paterson calls for snow slowdown probe days after blizzard - NYPOST.com

Gov. Paterson calls for snow slowdown probe
This story sickened me when I heard it. Unions couldn't care less. We don't need unions. They are nothing but a burden on business and they increase the cost of everyting we buy, without a bennefit of increased quality.

This action by the unions was inexcusable. They don't deserve another dime from taxpayers. Their lavish ritirement plans should be cut in half, at least.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,673,812 times
I hope the criminal investigation goes somewhere, so that the reporters from the post(who I think reported this story) get subpoenas so we can see if they made it up or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies