Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 02:29 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times

Advertisements

Is it just me or did anyone else see a flash from the grassy knoll.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
[mod cut-- quote of and response to deleted post]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
What the hell do you think you do to a bulls-eye? Blow kisses at it?
And what did the democrats do with their "target list", with the bullseyes on it? You guys act like this kind of imagery has never been used before, totally dismissing and ignoring both parties do it, and it runs throughout our culture,

And what about this "tone" and rhetoric? This ok with everybody?

Quote:
“They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”, “Get in Their Faces!”, “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”, “Hit Back Twice As Hard”, “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“, “hand to hand combat”, “It’s time to Fight for it.”, “Punish your enemies.”, “I’m itching for a fight.”
What about all this?

Last edited by observer53; 01-09-2011 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 02:31 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I'm afraid when somebody says "Don't retreat, reload" they have to be held accountable for their rhetoric. When you combine her comments with using crosshairs to denote Congressional districts that should be "Targeted" the combination is one that leads to an enviormment where people with extreme views advocate violence. As a public figure Sarah Palin is responsible for contributing to the tone of political discourse in this country.
While I do agree that in a time of sound bites and tweet postings, saying things like that can be extremely dangerous there is no indication that the shooter was motivated by those comments. But at the end of the day the only person to blame is the person who pulled the trigger.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:33 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
[LEFT]U.S. District Judge John Roll faced death threats in 2009
The killing of U.S. District Judge John M. Roll comes two years after he received death threats while he presided over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher.
[/LEFT]

Rancher ordered to pay illegals $77,000
Sixteen illegal aliens who sued an Arizona rancher, claiming he violated their civil rights and falsely imprisoned them by holding them at gunpoint on his property along the border, have lost their case.

The federal lawsuit against Douglas, Ariz., rancher Roger Barnett, his wife, Barbara, and his brother, Donald, took place before Judge John Roll in U.S. District Court. A verdict was declared Tuesday. The Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, or MALDEF, represented the five female and 11 male illegal aliens.

Is reporting this bad or a coverup ?
Judge Rolls being there was a coincidence. He lived nearby and decided to stop and see Gabby on his was home from church. There was no plan for him to be there.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Violent imagery? Like effigies of Bush being hanged, or "Kill Bush" t-shirts?

Why the concern now?
conservatives would not stoop to this level as a general rule.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do think we will be hearing more about this.

It has a death sentence possibly attached to it.
I have no doubt this guy will get the Federal death sentnce for killing the judge, regardless.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Regardless of the reasons he was killed, does it matter, i hear no mention of this at all, till reading it on this forum. Being a judge period, you would think that there would be more mentioned about this case.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Exclusive: Jared Loughner Radically Changed Before Alleged Shooting, Friend Says - ABC News

More info.

Very ill young man.

Quote:
"One day [Loughner] started making comments about terrorism and laughing about killing the baby," classmate Don Coorough told ABC News, referring to a discussion about abortions.

"A girl had written a poem about an abortion. It was very emotional and she was teary eyed and he said something about strapping a bomb to the fetus and making a baby bomber," Ali said.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:41 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,546,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Sixteen illegal aliens who sued an Arizona rancher, claiming he violated their civil rights and falsely imprisoned them by holding them at gunpoint on his property along the border, have lost their case.
So the shooter was angry at the judge for ruling against the illegal aliens? It's possible, given the shooter's left-wing ideological beliefs.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I was watching Fox News earlier and they said his college Math professor was afraid of him and went to the administration several times about the boys nonsensical outbursts in the middle of class. Wonder where his parents are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies