Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
I can tell you've never donned the uniform and that's fine. The men and women who do sign up for military service do so willingly (for many a reason, mind you) and know what the life of the military is like. The rules are there for a reason and as was mentioned before it's much for the military member's protection as it is the civilians.

To be perfectly honest with you, it doesn't matter what the individual military member thinks. They have sworn to uphold a certain duty and they have rules/regulations/policies in place to do such a thing. Someone who has never served the military will never be able to truly understand.

I say this as a 24 year old man who has served for 4 years in the United Stated Navy. 2007 - 2011. Not once did I think my rights were being abused because there are rules in place that allow me, in one shape or another, to express my freedom of opinion and to voice my concerns. It just isn't as simple as shouting out at the top of my lungs. Again, no matter how much we might try and explain it to you, unless you don the uniform, you'll never understand.

It isn't slavery, friend. It's a volunteer service and without the military, you wouldn't be able to sit here and call it slavery like a free man. I respect your opinion, that's cool and all, but just like SSF, you sound like someone who's never served or is willing to serve. You won't understand unless you go through it yourself. It's what worked for me, though prior to enlisting I had no opinion of the military one way or another save that my father was a 20 year veteran (who sadly was killed 4 years ago saving the life of another man well after he retired).

Be careful with that slavery word. It holds a lot of weight and still has a lot of stigma attached to it. The military isn't some automaton machine just abusing it's members. There are policies, rules, and regulations in place to prevent such things from happening. Is the military perfect? Of course not. Then again, show me any company, any country, any military that is.

Again, you'll never be able to *truly* understand unless you serve.
I couldn't rec you again, but you said it better than I could.

The urge to serve my country was entirely mine, and I didn't have to enlist. Not all of my reasons were patriotic, but my patriotism was the first and most important desire.

I believe that patriotism does not require military service, but when a person agrees to give up his life, if necessary, for his country, there is no higher degree of patriotism than that. Citizen soldiers were the ones who made this country free, and citizen soldiers have kept it free ever since.

The laws that are specific to the military are there for a bunch of different reasons. They protect the individual, the military as a whole, and all Americans.
At the same time, these laws prosecute any member of the military who would use his service for sedition, treason, common crimes in other countries, and crimes against humanity.

The reason why the laws of assembly are different for the military is very simple: They prevent the formation of a uniformed military becoming an armed force for any cause, political person, or any other civilian undertaking.
The Courts Martial were created specifically to address these crimes. Not all nations have these specific restrictions and legal means of address.

We have all seen what happens when a military is unrestricted; Chile, Argentina, Ghana, Spain, and many other democracies all fell to military dictatorships, and their armies became corrupted completely. Without a legally controlled military, freedom and liberty just become empty words.

This cannot happen in the United States, and God Bless America for this legal diligence... it is another example of our forefather's wisdom.

Old 02-18-2012, 04:40 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
“High importance” message distributed by Senior Navy official.

An email leaked by multiple active duty personnel shows that the military has issued a warning to troops encouraging them not to take part in the upcoming Veterans for Ron Paul 2012 march in Washington on Monday
Military Top Brass Tell Troops Not to March in Ron Paul Rally :

I found the sound on the video garbled, but what Adam does is reads some of the responses to this directive from the military. This threat includes reservists and veterans, in and out of uniform.
your assumption would be INcorrect

the directive is (and has ALWAYS been ) that the member of the military AS AN INDIVIDUAL can go and participate in these events as long as they are not in uniform....in uniform would be a statement that the military AS A WHOLE supported this event

we (I am retired military) have ALWAYS been allowed to participate..but as INDIVIDUAL USA CITIZENS. not as uniformed military

Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I am not AD nor Reserves nor NG so the rules do not apply to me. (I'm prior service)

I just arrived in DC and found out my hotel room overlooks Arlington Cemetery. It is so sad looking at the graves. Even from a distance.

I am excited for the march though I cannot march because of my back. I am going to have to walk slowly but I am happy to be here!
Bless you Chick, report back to us Monday, okay? I'm excited too, I hope it's a great turnout. I wouldn't be surprised if they flub getting the ballots to you in time again this election. With all the Paul support, you can bet on it. It's infuriating!

EVERSOLE: Military voters soon to be disenfranchised - again - Washington Times

Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
“High importance” message distributed by Senior Navy official.

An email leaked by multiple active duty personnel shows that the military has issued a warning to troops encouraging them not to take part in the upcoming Veterans for Ron Paul 2012 march in Washington on Monday
Military Top Brass Tell Troops Not to March in Ron Paul Rally :

I found the sound on the video garbled, but what Adam does is reads some of the responses to this directive from the military. This threat includes reservists and veterans, in and out of uniform.
There is something about using military uniforms for political purposes. I know a country Auditor who is a Lieutenant Commander in the Naval Reserves. He received ordered about 7 years ago telling him he couldn't use his uniform for any political purposes. Not even a photo in uniform in flyers or a website.... I guess rules are rules.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Default Military March on WhiteHouse TODAY!

Great Patriot putting himself on the line.

Great video of Military Brass crapping their pants, as their Hypocrisy is exposed.

Stand with those that fight for US, and now realize they were murdering for Oligarchs and Banking Cartels.

These men are honorable and worthy of our Support.

One Service man will stand in Salute for 10 min. , noting the suicides of active duty since the wars. One second for each one.

This does not include discharged suicides which are horrifying.

US Military Issues Warning to Ron Paul Supporters - YouTube!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Remember what they did to the bonus army. Patton ran em all out.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Remember what they did to the bonus army. Patton ran em all out.
Not familiar with that.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:18 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Great Patriot putting himself on the line.

Great video of Military Brass crapping their pants, as their Hypocrisy is exposed.

Stand with those that fight for US, and now realize they were murdering for Oligarchs and Banking Cartels.

These men are honorable and worthy of our Support.

One Service man will stand in Salute for 10 min. , noting the suicides of active duty since the wars. One second for each one.

This does not include discharged suicides which are horrifying.

US Military Issues Warning to Ron Paul Supporters - YouTube!
I don't have an issue with any of this personally, but if any of these folks that are active duty decide to march in uniform then they are making a grave mistake.

Think what you want, modeerf, you have that right and I'm not going to sit here and attempt to take that away from you. My only concern is if there's going to be those who know full well the results of their actions yet they still choose to march in uniform, which is a big no-no. Not because it's taboo, but because there's rules and regulations set in place barring this specific thing.

Other than that, hopefully this goes well.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
LoL, not crapping their pants...trying to save some one from themselves. He can do it out of uniform all he wants, but in uniform is a dishonorable discharge. Most employers look at that like a felony as an acquaintance found out when he tried to get a job after service. He would have made a great EMT as well, but now he's hammering nails with illegals.

If he wants to screw himself, more power to him. Watch how many people turn a deaf ear when he realizes what he lost for stubborn pride.

There are many more constructive ways to meet his goals that will help those in need and not screw himself. Start a charity, volunteer as a counselor, work in campaign drives to raise money, start a political action group to change how we help vets. Standing there saluting for 10 minutes and getting fired is about the least productive.

It shows he cares, but isn't smart enough to do so in any way that would actually help.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM

Here is a live stream.

Fr33 Agents TV on USTREAM: .

From an Android no less... what a tech age we are in...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies