Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 09:04 AM

10,359 posts, read 7,990,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We already restrict people that are mentally ill (not nearly enough), criminal background and with restraining orders, why is different.
No due process is required to get on the watch list, unlike the examples you cited. That's why it's different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 09:07 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's a Constitutionally acknowledged right. There is very little more that can be done to address the law abiding citizen side.
The only recourse would be a Constitutional Amendment. Well that being said it would be better to have laws on the books that can work, then to allow a Amendment.

Its been fun, have to get ready to go to church.

Merry Christmas all

Old 12-06-2015, 09:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
I'd like my Freedom & Liberty back. (Unlimited choices and my ability to make my own choice)
To open a catalog, find the .38 .45 .243. 30/30 30.06 and order it. Give them my name address telephone number and the money. Wait 3 days and have my gun. No questions asked. It is up to you to send in the serial number for the warranty.

I can take a million unlimited choices, narrowing it down to only 2 and say you still have a choice.
Was your Freedom & Liberty taken away? You still had a choice............

Old 12-06-2015, 09:17 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960
I would add people who live with or are related to (family or marriage) anyone who has ever been to a terrorist nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Obama has, prior to his presidency... He owns the military...

...and, just like under Carter, look at where out military is today. We have lost nearly all global respect in a very short time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I can take a million unlimited choices, narrowing it down to only 2 and say you still have a choice.
Was your Freedom & Liberty taken away? You still had a choice............
THAT ^^^ was the plan all along. Freedoms aren't taken overnight, they are removed piece by piece while nobody pays attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
No due process is required to get on the watch list, unlike the examples you cited. That's why it's different.
IN a progressive world, there is no need for due process and habeas corpus. They know what's best and they are never wrong.

Laws will be written, not to make sense but, to enforce what they deem should be illegal. We witness their smug attitude and must live by their sweeping need for control. Like, when a progressive/totalitarian judge wipes out a proposition which he doesn't agree with, even though millions voted to pass it.

Last edited by steven_h; 12-06-2015 at 09:31 AM..

Old 12-06-2015, 09:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Jihadist's cling to their guns and religion yet not a word from Obama except.

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”

Old 12-06-2015, 09:29 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
No guns for:
-recent immigrants (i.e. not citizens)
-people who have been to a terrorist country in the past 10 years (other than armed forces, US government employees)
-people with mental illness
-people with criminal history
Define "terrorist country". I've been in several Middle Eastern countries for business the last few years. Does that mean I should be excluded from gun purchases. Who gets to decide what "mental illness" is, that has been a tool for government abuse many times in the past. What other constitutional rights should we restrict for recent immigrants, maybe freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, freedom of religion; all of those things seem to be associated with terrorism. Maybe we should prevent them from voting as well, even if they become citizens.

Old 12-06-2015, 09:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Easier said then done, requiring huge sums of tax dollars. Some how those with mental issues get those weapons.
Of course it is easier said than done. Obviously. Sorry, the answer is easy?

If so you haven't hit upon it yet.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:10 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Well that is the way it is with some

Sitting by doing nothing does not work.

When it is now a better bet to get shot then to hit one of the multistate lotteries I see a problem. How to solve it is the issue.
We are at historic low homicide numbers and on track for near historic low mass shootings this year. Leftist fantasies aside, we've had 4 incidents this year which meet the criteria for mass shootings.

This is all while gun sales are at near record highs. Exactly what did you want to do?

Old 12-06-2015, 10:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Common Sense Gun laws.

I like that idea.

Haven't seen any legislation that would qualify, though.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:44 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
2A aside, what laws that arent already on the books would you like to see implemented?
If the issue trying to be resolved, is to eliminate the bulk of firearm deaths, then the answer is not piling restrictive gun law on top of gun law. there is a point of diminishing return.

the answer needs to include gun laws, but in no way is restrictive firearm legislation the complete answer liberals and legislators make it out to be.

Unfortunately the liberal response is myopic. It ignores perspective in an effort to achieve a theoretical politcal agenda item, no guns no deaths. The down side is the liberals are willing to ignore the daily death toll to reach that distant future goal.

9 year old children be dammed, full speed ahead, piloted by a blind driver.

Who would look at a complex problem and focus on one aspect, to the exclusion of the other variables???????????????????? someone with a political agenda, that's who!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies