Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Epstein committed suicide?
Yes 114 26.57%
No 315 73.43%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 12:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Im not a Trump voter, supporter, believer, etc. so the partisan nonsense is lost on me. I expect his second term will be painful for most, especially for those with diminished coping skills due to ideological/party loyalties

With this case, I'm concerned about how and who had Epstein suicided and seeing those in law enforcement named and put on trial. D or R matters not a whit to me.
And I take no comfort in the fact that the wholly untrustworthy and incompetent FBI is going to i̶n̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ investigate.
Barr’s Department of Justice is investigating.

Barr could have made clear the highest profile person in custody in this facility remain under Suicide Watch.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:42 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Well, Bill Clinton should not have become involved with a predatory creep like Epstein, he should not have taken all those trips and played with the girls. Now he has to worry, unless he can buy off the Prosecutors.
There are plane logs but they didn't go to Epstein's orgy island.
And those are official logs filed with the FAA.

There is no proof Clinton went there. Just an allegation by one of the victims.
Now would a 14 year old know who Clinton was ?

Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Your boy Bill had 26 visits with Epstein. Trump had not seen him in 15 years. Keep trying!
Was the Secret Service there, too?

All investigation into Epstein's helpers and employees are continuing. You can't prosecute a dead man. But the pilots, housekeepers and pimps are still on the hook.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Barr’s Department of Justice is investigating.

Barr could have made clear the highest profile person in custody in this facility remain under Suicide Watch.
From what I've read Barr didn't know he was off suicide watch.

Geeze..they managed to keep El Chapo in the same jail and he's the master of escape.

Barr isn't the Warden there. You think he should have kept up with the day to day dealing with Epstein ?

Old 08-11-2019, 12:45 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
He looks remarkable similar to Anthony Bourdain!
Nah.

In head shots, vaguely, if you squint.

But Bourdain was about a foot taller than that little weasel.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Was the Secret Service there, too?

All investigation into Epstein's helpers and employees are continuing. You can't prosecute a dead man. But the pilots, housekeepers and pimps are still on the hook.
Yeah for some of them. The logs show all the SS when they traveled with Clinton.
But there were some logs that had Clinton only..no SS entourage.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:48 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Some of it but not all of it can be reliably debunked. Much of it just wouldn't hold up in a court of law. It's basically the same scenario as Trump. You'd never get him in court for Russian Collusion or Obstruction of Justice, but you can't prove him innocent either. So too with Clinton, it's possible that many of the dead bodies they've left in their wake were people they ordered to be killed, but there isn't enough to prove that in court. And the folks doing the debunking have a pretty bad habit of carrying water for the Democratic Party. Case in point, Snopes just gets more and more partisan and awful year by year.

It would be nice to have a neutral fact-checker out there, but as far as I'm aware, there is no such thing.
"One must accept that Bill Clinton was able to suppress any evidence, leaks, or whistleblowers despite having proven that he was unable to lie effectively about a simple blowjob."

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Clinton_body_count

Old 08-11-2019, 12:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I researched it. One guy on Fox News said there were thumbprints. All of the other sources said 'marks.'

If they were thumbprints, they could have lifted and identified them. So they probably were not thumbprints, but it does make a more sensational, if inaccurate, story.

And if someone had tried to kill him before, he probably would have mentioned it to his attorney.
Some guys on Fox News or any news say a lot of things that are unconfirmed or outright lies.

And sometimes they get sued for it and lose.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:52 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There are plane logs but they didn't go to Epstein's orgy island.
And those are official logs filed with the FAA.

There is no proof Clinton went there. Just an allegation by one of the victims.
Now would a 14 year old know who Clinton was ?
Do you think Bill Clinton would have reported his real name down on the flight logs? I think NOT. I can't wait until they start digging deep on this. I hope they have Epstein's diaries and other dirty proof to see exactly who did what. I can bet Bill Clinton's name was fabricated, in case it were to come back and bite him on his behind! (like today)

Let the investigation BEGIN! You think he would tell Hillary, "Yeah honey, I am going with Epstein to play some Monopoly games." He lied to her and has lied to her for all the years they were married. Where is his accountability in all this? Hopefully, finally Bill needs to face justice!

Old 08-11-2019, 12:55 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
For all we know he could have sold some of those tapes/photos to foreign government intelligence for blackmail use.

That would certainly make him a liability.

People in those circles have no remorse and have enough money to buy silence.
Yes but it also sounds like the kind of guy you'd be terrified to kill. Every indication says that Epstein was a really smart guy. Evil genius perhaps, but smart nonetheless. Would such a man be stupid enough to not have a foolproof Dead Man's Switch that would release every scrap of data the instant he dies.

Rule #1 for conning the most powerful people in the world: Make sure that killing you is an absolutely terrible idea. If he didn't have some kind of insurance plan, the guy would have been dead long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies