Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM

732 posts, read 391,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post

Judaism is very supportive of homosexuals.
uh huh. I'm not sure that an Orthodox Jew would agree that his organization agrees.

To be fair, the bible only mentions homosexuality between men as being prohibited.

Now that I think of it, that's mostly how my own brain feels about the matter. There's something unaesthetic going on there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 04:21 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals hate white people and most Christians are white.
As outlandish as this statement may have seemed only 15-20 years ago, you are sadly all too accurate for far too many liberals. This is something you see with this continued condemnation of white males and seemingly attacking every religion but Islam.

As for people claiming that Christianity is singled out because this is what American leftists have most exposure to, that doesn't stop them from going out of their way to criticize Israel--a nation of Jews--while ignoring all of the atrocities committed by Israel's Muslim neighbors

Old 08-18-2019, 05:21 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySoup View Post
uh huh. I'm not sure that an Orthodox Jew would agree that his organization agrees.

To be fair, the bible only mentions homosexuality between men as being prohibited.

Now that I think of it, that's mostly how my own brain feels about the matter. There's something unaesthetic going on there.
You may want to read up on the orthodox position and lgbt rights in Israel. Also their position of church/state separation.

Those famous Leviticus passages even have disputed translations and context referring to male temple prostitutes rather than homosexuality in general.

It does just seem to be those that haven’t really studied and just repeat individual verses that are most virulent in their opposition to homosexuality.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:28 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
Great thread! I know lots of Christians who have zero problem what people do in their free time as long as it is legal.

Christians don’t kill homosexuals, but Muslims do.

Hitler also killed homosexuals.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yep- Marxist have always targeted Christianity, and the American left is no different.
LOL. Poor babies; the majority of the country and always so VICTIMIZED.

It is kind of how Christians are taught to see themselves though - I get that. Some of us grow out of it and see reality; others do not.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:48 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,990 times
Quote:
You always hear the liberal left complain and whine and accuse the Christianity for being ant homosexual when in fact religions like Islam actually kill homosexuals. Why is that?
If someone were to be against Christian's killing other human beings then one could surmise that they'd also be against other religions killing human beings. Yes?

Old 08-18-2019, 06:46 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Christianity is the predominate religion in America.
Does it matter which religion hates Gays more?

When the difference is between casting a unapproving eye or not wanting same sex marriage normalized. (Christians)

And beheading, throwing them off of buildings etc....(Muslims)

I'd say it's a rather important distinction.

Especially when the Left supports and makes "cultural differences" excuses for the ones that actually outlaw homosexuality and impose the death penalty for those who are caught.

Old 08-18-2019, 06:51 PM

18,473 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Because Muslims are a protected class, so the left overlooks the fact that they kill gays, and keep women as slaves. They are held to a different standard.

If you criticism Muslims about these practices, liberals like Ben Affleck, will call you Islamophobic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vln9D81eO60

Old 08-18-2019, 06:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
What did you mean by Larry wanting to kill them? Joe’s holy book says the same thing.
I'm talking about actions.

I guess The View didn't mention what actually is occurring in the ME to gays.

You might want to inform yourself just a tad.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I heard people talking about how homosexuality should be a capital crime all the time in the fellowship hall after church when I was growing up. I think that counts.
You grew up with crazy fringe lunatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies