Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 10:44 PM

17,368 posts, read 12,325,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Go to Wisconsin or Michigan and tell me you don’t understand the German heritage and it’s contribution to our heritage. Go to Boston or New York and tell me you don’t understand the cultural contribution of the Irish. What do the white people of America have in common??? Our ancestors built this country together, they shared their different Northern European foods and cultures with each other. Their culture became American culture. They invented the modern world together. They made the electric light, the airplane, put America on wheels, modern medicine, TV and radio, the computer and developed the digital age. We have a great deal in common and our white ancestors made the world a better place.
And all those things are still very celebrated.

Don’t confuse acknowledging the faults of someone like Christopher Columbus with shame of being “related” to him. Or wanting to no longer acknowledge his accomplishments. That’s the distinction I think you may be missing. It’s a higher level of patriotism to still love your country after publicly acknowledging its faults and wanting to improve them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,092,531 times
Quote:
Go to Wisconsin or Michigan and tell me you don’t understand the German heritage and it’s contribution to our heritage. Go to Boston or New York and tell me you don’t understand the cultural contribution of the Irish. What do the white people of America have in common??? Our ancestors built this country together, they shared their different Northern European foods and cultures with each other. Their culture became American culture. They invented the modern world together. They made the electric light, the airplane, put America on wheels, modern medicine, TV and radio, the computer and developed the digital age. We have a great deal in common and our white ancestors made the world a better place.
Can’t rep you again.

Old 08-19-2019, 10:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,901,168 times
Quote:
As I stated before, I have no respect for political correctness and I see you are offended by a white person referring to other white people as his/her own people. Political correctness has no place in a free nation. I refuse to be told it is wrong for me to identify with MY OWN people like that. In fact I am proud of the history and accomplishments of my people (British heritage). No liberal has the right to degrade our history or accomplishments as a people. I am really over all the anti white and obligatory white guilt thing. Done with it.
Me too. And I'm over open borders and mass immigration intended or having the effect of diluting our people in our own nation. I'm pretty much over anything and everything liberals propose or support. They are not acting in good faith or honestly.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:04 PM

29,627 posts, read 16,614,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
It’s not that I don't care. It’s just that I care about other things more. There are many other things that I care about, that I will not have the opportunity to vote for, because no single politician has all the same views on all issues that I do. I wish there was. We all have to pick and choose what is most important to us. That is the whole point of voting. It is not a lie that I care. If I said I care more about that issue than any other issue, THAT would be a lie.
Again, you are creating a false choice when you make the argument about prioritizing. You dont have to vote for the homophobe on the ballot. You choose to.

If you truly cared, you wouldnt compromise that principle, you would vote for someone who actually stood for what you believed in.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:06 PM

29,627 posts, read 16,614,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's always about priotities clisest to home.
i have no problem with that argument, but if you truly believe in something, you dont compromise your principles .

So you cant tell me you support gay people and then vote for some of these Republicans, at that point you are just lying and saying the "politically correct" thing.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
i have no problem with that argument, but if you truly believe in something, you dont compromise your principles .

So you cant tell me you support gay people and then vote for some of these Republicans, at that point you are just lying and saying the "politically correct" thing.
Exactly, equal treatment of others(no sort of prejudice based simply on who they are beyond their control) is something no one should make a compromise on, unless they just honestly feel they are better than them.

Last edited by notnamed; 08-19-2019 at 11:31 PM..

Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Exactly, equal treatment of others based simply on who they are beyond their control is something no one should make a compromise on, unless they just honestly feel they are better than them.
I think heterosexual and homosexual are not equal and shouldn't be treated equally. That's not just based on religious beliefs. So I reject your argument and make no apologies for it.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think heterosexual and homosexual are not equal and shouldn't be treated equally. That's not just based on religious beliefs. So I reject your argument and make no apologies for it.
Reject it? You just proved it.

You do compromise on that because you do think you’re better than them.

Refreshingly honest.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Reject it? You just proved it.

You do compromise on that because you do think you’re better than them.

Refreshingly honest.
I think heterosexuality is better than homosexuality, yes I will admit that is what I said.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think heterosexuality is better than homosexuality, yes I will admit that is what I said.
More than that. People who had no choice whether they were homosexual or heterosexual, you judge yourself better than them through no fault of theirs and no credit of yours.

That’s about as unAmerican a concept as can be. That a birthright grants you privilege. Foundation of the monarchy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies