Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The article is gone. For the person who wrote----we no longer have to live with our "mistakes" if we choose not to----that is naive.

We all live with our mistakes our whole lives. No one's life is without mistakes. Hopefully we learn from them and we don't keep making the same ones over and over again.

For those who have had an abortion, it may haunt them for the rest of their lives, no one knows. Abortion is not always the answer that makes everything go away.

there are woman who have abortions who do not regret the choice, even decades later. some do but to think that it haunts everyone would not be the case. we all live with our choices even if they are mistakes. most come to terms with how are lives out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 12:34 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
I didn't say everyone did I? But we all need to live with our history whatever it is. I don't think anyone forgets.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,012,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I didn't say everyone did I? But we all need to live with our history whatever it is. I don't think anyone forgets.

I agree no one does forget. people do like to assume or tell other women they will regret their choice if they have abortion. sure some may but most women think long and hard about it, it isn't something most take lightly and when the choice is made they know they are doing the right thing. there is I am sure women who also regret having a child and or giving it up for adoption. life can be full of regret.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Exactly.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:53 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL. Shot down?
I don't know how else you want me to phrase it but every "fact" you stated about what prolifers are I debunked? Proved wrong?

I am sure.

We shall save this for another time.

Go figure.

I have morals therefore I WOULD care for my mother and sister or aunts if they became whores and used cracks. I was hit by my mother and she was nearly jailed....I had to go through therapy because my mother has put me through so much emotionally. But do I still care about her? Of course.

That person who beat you wasn't your mother, that was your abuser. I can not believe that those two can go hand in hand.

Yes. Why not? And who said abortion is an easy way out? It takes a lot to think about it and then go through with it. And why should I let a stupid mistake get in the way of achieving what I want? You think I should drop college and work to raise something I never wanted? Thank goodness it isn't how you want it.

You already stated yourself nothing is going to stop you because of how far you've gotten now. You seem to have it figured out before it even happens, doesn't seem like a tough decision to you to me. Why should you let a mistake effect you? Because they do. Not now because abortion is still legal, but thats a problem. When you make a mistake you cannot come away unscathed. Why? Because it doesn't teach anything and it will keep happening over and over again. Soon that attitude of "well I can get away with anything now as long as I find an out" can transfer into "real life" and then you really have big problems.

As for my story about being expelled that was just an example, not meant to be directly associated to abortion. It was an example to show that, yea mistakes happen, but whether you think its fair or want to or not, you have to pay the consequences, otherwise as I said above, people would continue to make the same mistakes, knowing they can get away with it.

So you get kicked out of school because of a lame joke so that equals to abortion becoming illegal? Pathetic.

I truly am sorry to hear you got kicked out of it over something as lame as a joke. I am surprised actually. I wonder what kind of a joke it was.

Do you KNOW the differences of getting kicked out of school versus having an unwanted pregnancy? Get real. You can go to another school or choose another career. What about the woman?

What a stupid comparison no offense.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
LOL. It is a "problem" that it is legal. LOL!

Anyways, I am off to bed. It is nearly 3 am here and I cannot quote you because of the way your post is formatted. It came out so I cannot reply to every statement one by one.

See ya round'.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LOL. It is a "problem" that it is legal. LOL!

Anyways, I am off to bed. It is nearly 3 am here and I cannot quote you because of the way your post is formatted. It came out so I cannot reply to every statement one by one.

See ya round'.
agreed its 2 am here and I need sleep too. If you do want to respond to my responses though you can just copy and past into a word document page and then just copy and past from there the parts in red put them in bold in your response and then respond to them, seems extensive but i've done it a few times myself in this thread also. I don't know either way good debate so far, despite being quite harsh, I don't purposely try and make people angry just kinda trying to get my point across as are you.

Also I don't think I understand what is funny about using the word problem there. I may be slow and am not realizing something obvious but if you see this again explain please .

Old 06-10-2010, 06:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
You didn't read the rest of the post I made, or you just chose the part that was convenient for you. I do not think it should be an option that women have a choice to just get out of there choice they made when they chose to have sex. They need to be responsible for their FIRST choice and the consequences they make for themselves, because if we say, oh well you made a mistake now, here is how you get out of it now, people will continue looking for ways out of things later in life also and its not going to happen. Maybe all people may not be this way but I don't want this to be taught in the first place.
So you believe in wallowing in mistakes! Never fixing them!!!???
Rather than find a solution and move on you'd rather just suffer through your mistakes?!!!! Forever!!

That's not really mature nor does it sound very healthy.

Say you buy an expensive car that turns out to be a lemon and the payments are too high for the recent pay cut you took at work.....you stubbornly hang on to that money-draining car because you made a mistake and have to live with it!!!

How smart is that?

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 06-10-2010 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-10-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That is one giant spin you have going. Out of the kindness of your heart you would kill the baby (fetus to moonbats) because you are concerned about it's feelings? """

IT has NO feelings when it's aborted. But it's sheer cruelty and typical Repug attittude to not care what happens to the baby

A F T E R it is born.

Forcing someone to have a kid they don't want doesn't bode well for the child.

"""It appears that he is asking people to practice self control or deal with the results.
Quote:
Someone understands what I am trying to say finally, its really not that complicated like some people are trying to make it. Reps to you.
I understand what you're saying.

Human nature should change. ( It's not going to , it hasn't changed in 10,000 years)

People(especially women) should be really stupid and pay for all, and every, mistakes for the rest of their lives.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Abortion is abortion when you look at it from what is done point of view, but the reasons for which it should be allowed is what I am discussing.""""

And that's what makes it a "control women" issue....NOT an "oh, abortion kills babiiiiiiieeeesss! issue

"""With out control of people anarchism would take over so unless you want to be sexist and let men do whatever they want too there will be control.

I know abortion will not go away if made illegal but those who choose to go do it anyway with a hanger are then criminals in my book, dumb ones at that, and should suffer the consequences from doing such an act.

Oh and you read through those 23-24 pages quite fast did you?
No, not that interested....maybe you should try addressing all parts of the posts you quote....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies