Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 09:47 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good article in Deadspin about the beer vendors turning on the Redskins

https://deadspin.com/even-beer-vendo...ins-1829140957

Eventually, if you're a bad owner, your sins are going to catch up to you. I've had high hopes that Snyder would've grown into being a better owner. At times, I've stood up for him when I felt he was unnecessarily getting the blame. But, then I read articles like this, and it just enrages me. The fact that the front office basically said, "It's not our problem! Talk to the Concessionaire!" It is your problem front office, you hired the concessionaire!

Folks, the ONLY way you're ever going to get rid of Daniel Snyder (legally), is to hit him where it hurts - his pockets! Stop going to the games. Stop buying his expired, warm, overpriced beer. Stop buying his nasty hotdogs. Stop spending your hard earned money on overpriced tickets, overpriced parking, just to have a bad NFL game day experience. If this team continues to struggle, it is only going to get worse. I mean, when the season home opener has a sparse crowd like it did - a week after an impressive victory over the Cardinals, then you KNOW something is wrong!

As a life long Redskins fan, I'm so embarrassed by the dysfunction of this organization. I really felt the franchise wasn't as bad as what others were seeing, but I'm seeing that things are still horribly wrong. If this team continues to struggle this season, you're going to see it even worse. In the end, Snyder will blame everybody else, get rid of everybody else except for the ones he should get rid of - like himself and Bruce Allen - and he'll just replace with an even worse group of people. There are some bright people within the organization, I feel sorry for those guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 02:30 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Eventually, if you're a bad owner, your sins are going to catch up to you. I've had high hopes that Snyder would've grown into being a better owner. At times, I've stood up for him when I felt he was unnecessarily getting the blame. But, then I read articles like this, and it just enrages me. The fact that the front office basically said, "It's not our problem! Talk to the Concessionaire!" It is your problem front office, you hired the concessionaire!

Folks, the ONLY way you're ever going to get rid of Daniel Snyder (legally), is to hit him where it hurts - his pockets! Stop going to the games. Stop buying his expired, warm, overpriced beer. Stop buying his nasty hotdogs. Stop spending your hard earned money on overpriced tickets, overpriced parking, just to have a bad NFL game day experience. If this team continues to struggle, it is only going to get worse. I mean, when the season home opener has a sparse crowd like it did - a week after an impressive victory over the Cardinals, then you KNOW something is wrong!

As a life long Redskins fan, I'm so embarrassed by the dysfunction of this organization. I really felt the franchise wasn't as bad as what others were seeing, but I'm seeing that things are still horribly wrong. If this team continues to struggle this season, you're going to see it even worse. In the end, Snyder will blame everybody else, get rid of everybody else except for the ones he should get rid of - like himself and Bruce Allen - and he'll just replace with an even worse group of people. There are some bright people within the organization, I feel sorry for those guys!
I’m crossing my fingers to win tickets for when the Panthers come to town due to a work contest. I wouldn’t think of PAYING to attend the game otherwise.

Old 09-22-2018, 10:59 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,284,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post

Here's the problem... In Snyder's mind.. The problem is the stadium and its location. He needs the taxpayers to fund a new stadium in a better location. That will solve all the problems.

Admittedly, FedEx isn't in a great place, but it's ownership charging exorbitant parking fees, and getting laws passed saying "No Foot Access" and the million other things that leads to people not wanting to go.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:01 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Are you kidding me? "No Foot Access"? Whoa, sounds crazy? Where would the Packers be without foot traffic? I realize totally different situation as Lambeau is in a residential area but still strange.

Owners do tend to shoot themselves in the foot when they don't realize it is the small $ fans that got them off the ground in the first place.

Here's hoping to a good game today, no ridiculous penalties but hard fought! Enjoy!

Old 09-23-2018, 10:10 AM

I'm trying to add insult to injury, not at all, but some Packer players are out there already playing catch with Packer fans in the stands. Something they do at Lambeau, fans come down to lower seats, players play catch with them. I think there will be a definite green and gold presence today.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:11 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,993,050 times
Jordan Reed is not wearing gloves. Is this typical for him? Lots of respect if so.

Old 09-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Washington looking good so far, surprising Packer fans, I'm sure and maybe some Redskins fans, too!

Old 09-23-2018, 03:56 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,615,407 times
Incredible game, Redskins. Congrats.

Old 09-23-2018, 04:01 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,475,339 times
Never know what to expect week to week. Only thing for sure is, next week, the 'skins won't lose. They have a bye week, lol! I have to say, it feels a lot better going into the bye week 2-1 as opposed to 1-2. Got the Saints coming out of the break. That will be a tough game.

Old 09-23-2018, 09:40 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Enjoyable game to watch as a Skins fan for many years that I lived in the area, 1974-2005. Fond memories of Sonny vs Billy, the Hogs, Joe Theisman and his restaurant in Falls Church, Coach Gibbs, Jack Kent Cooke, et al. Lots of memories.... The team and the fans deserve a great year.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football