Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,021,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
FYI, there are more members of the royal families of Europe who are married to/have relationships with/have children with Black women more than any other race.

Count Ferdinand and Countess Mary von Habsburg of Austria

Baron Christian and Baroness Cecile de Massy of Monaco

Prince Albert of Monaco and Nicole Coste (they have a son together)

There are a few more that I can't think of right now...

The two girls in your last image are young and there is nothing wrong that a hairstylist, make-up artist, a wardrobe stylish and a personal trainer can't fix.

As to "coming down too hard on my sistas", I like to think of it as being direct about a topic that is brought up time and time again. Trust me when I say that everyone else, besides other Black women, are only getting the abbreviated (clean) version of this topic.

We, as Black women, need a wake up call. Many of the Black women who are constantly complaining about not being able to find a man are unwilling to take a good, long hard look at themselves and make a few changes.

They do not want to change anything, improve anything about themselves. All they want is for Black men to "come back home". That's it. But honestly, that ship has sailed. It truly is time for a reality check here.

LOL I am all for everyone getting in where they fit in, but what you're saying is the textbook version of the black female interracial recruitment that I've referenced so many times in the past. It's an obsession for many of them.

Even the pictures are they same ones used on websites (and for years now).

If anyone has any doubts, then check the websites out...

It truly is a renaissance

Trust me when I tell you, these black women love white more than David Duke does lol.

Black Female Interracial Marriage

Black Women's Interracial Relationship Circle

Books (also available on NOOK)

Live Discussion forums and tutorials

movies...

Vacation getaways to Europe...LOL

Last edited by itshim; 04-06-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,567,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I think it is a little different in Europe. Stereotyping here, but I have met far more European men who were really into darker women. They were completely fascinated/excited/intrigued and complimentary. And frankly Europeans in general seem to be far more interested and accepting of darker skin, there appears to be less "stigma" based on my experiences.

Why focused on the "skin"/"darker skin". That probably doesn't have a thing to do with their attraction to these women. It might, but you don't know this.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
LOL I am all for everyone getting in where they fit in, but what you're saying is the textbook version of the black female interracial recruitment that I've referenced so many times in the past. It's an obsession for many of them.

Trust me when I tell you, David Duke has nothin on these women...

There was too much to read on that website.

My thing with IR dating is the children, I feel that if I have biracial kids (especialy a girl) I'd end up resenting them.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,563,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

Trust me when I tell you, David Duke has nothin on these women...

Riddle me this...why are some Black men so threatened when Black women are aware of and embrace their options? I don't hear them saying the same thing to Black men who date interracially.

The same guys who complain about "interracial recruiting" and other nonsense in relation to Black women, are the same ones who do not date them.

It would be fantastic if the women who have expressed dating difficulties (per the statements of the women in this thread, due to some Black men preferring light skinned Black women and non-Black women) could all find loving, caring, devoted, responsible Black men. But chances are that many of these women will not. Some women want to be wives and mothers (not just mothers), so why is it so reprehensible for them to expand their options?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM

22 posts, read 17,369 times
OP, how is having an opinion prejudiced?

Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post

My thing with IR dating is the children, [b]I feel that if I have biracial kids (especialy a girl) I'd end up resenting them.[/B]
Why? Not understanding this - your kids are your kids and you love them with all your heart.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,990,329 times
This goes out to women of all races INCLUDING BLACK WOMEN. See, you can have a preference for black men all you want, but if your preference doesn't translate to you being attracted to ME, then you might as well stick your preference where the sun don't shine, because this black guy woudn't give a ****.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,125,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Why? Not understanding this - your kids are your kids and you love them with all your heart.
I've seen how people (both blacks and whites) fawn over biracial children/people, and I'd become jealous/resentful if their lightskin and straight hair texture rewards them more acceptance in life by both races.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 PM

6,456 posts, read 7,021,661 times
Quote:

My thing with IR dating is the children, I feel that if I have biracial kids (especialy a girl) I'd end up resenting them.
In this day and age (depending on where you live of course) I don't really see it as a problem. 20-30 years ago? Maybe. But in this day and age there are so many mixed marriages, and kids produced from IRs of various combos that I don't think they are ostracised like that.

But why would you resent your own daughter??

Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
I've seen how people (both blacks and whites) fawn over biracial children/people, and I'd become jealous/resentful if their lightskin and straight hair texture rewards them more acceptance in life by both races.
Not that it's right that someone should be more accepted because of whether their skin is light, dark, or in between, or their hair is staight, curly or in between - it's not - skin tone and hair texture doesn't have squat to do with anything, but if that were true(??), or you believe it true, still not clear why you would resent your own child. I always hoped/prayed that my child would be more attractive/more accepted/more successful than me - I am still hoping (my dtr's 25) Don't understand the resentment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships