Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,577,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
You're in your mid 20s, correct? How many ballbusting female lawyers or unfeminine doctors have you actually encountered? Most of the people in your age group aren't even old enough to have their advanced degrees. I suspect you've bought into a TV-produced myth.

And why do you equate education and professional occupation with loss of femininity? Why do you imply that a woman who acquires knowledge and a career is somehow losing her identity as a woman?

As for elementary school teachers, I've known quite a few who became very angry single women who were quite capable of busting some serious balls. My mother was an elementary school teacher for years, so I had front-seat tickets to a whole lotta drama with her co-workers.

For the record, I don't think Type A men OR women work well in marriage over the long-run. Being Type A generally involves a streak of narcissism or control-freakery. Not healthy stuff.

In any case, my comment was a query about what makes Repubocrat such a distinguished intellectual mind that he feels free to label other people "pseudo-intellectuals."
Well I live in DC the land of the ball busting lawyer and careerist *****. So I know a lot about that. TIOThere is a pretty clear correlation between how ambitious and serious a woman is about her career and how feminine she is. I find it hard to believe that your average 70 hour work week female lawyer is going to be real sweet and nurturing to her husband when she is at home.

Type A women tend to be attracted to careers like Lawyers or other careerist positions. Type A men and women tend to be more aggressive and abrasive people. Not exactly conducive to healthy relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Because he's not in the 5th grade.

[a high value man would not be intimidated by "some ball busting lawyer..."]
That guy is not intidimated by ballbuster as much as he is turned off by it. If you are the prototypical high status male that white females chase in big cities, think Mr. Big, you probably work at minimum 50 hours/week and probably around 60-80 hours. When he goes home, he doesn't want another coworker type who is ballbusting, overly sarcastic, and works the kind of hours he does. He probably looks for the polar opposite type. I'll say it again: Men aren't looking for a coworker, they are looking for a wife.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
That guy is not intidimated by ballbuster as much as he is turned off by it. If you are the prototypical high status male that white females chase in big cities, think Mr. Big, you probably work at minimum 50 hours/week and probably around 60-80 hours. When he goes home, he doesn't want another coworker type who is ballbusting, overly sarcastic, and works the kind of hours he does. He probably looks for the polar opposite type. I'll say it again: Men aren't looking for a coworker, they are looking for a wife.
How do you know? Besides, not all high value men work long hours or consider their career the center of their lives - I don't.

[and not all female lawyers are ballbusting, overly sarcastic, and works the hours he does]

Old 07-09-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
How do you know? Besides, not all high value men work long hours or consider their career the center of their lives - I don't.

[and not all female lawyers are ballbusting, overly sarcastic, and works the hours he does]
Not all of them are like that, but a sizable majority are. Just like not all good looking people aren't dicks, but a good portion are.

The type of man most single white girls chase in urban cities almost always works way more than 40 hours per week. They might not consider their careers as the center of their life, but if you are working 60-80 hours/week, your career is the center of your life. Everything revolves around that career including travel for work related functions.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 PM

442 posts, read 615,671 times
Quote:
I'm not sure how old you are but a lot of men do marry women in the same field as they are.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
That's great and all, but men want a wife, not a coworker. Who cares about all the 3 letter acronym degrees she has if she lost her femininity in the process? Why would a high value man want some ball busting lawyer ***** when he can choose a woman who is an elementary school teacher that is sweet and nurturing? I don't think Type A women and marriage work in the long term.
What an odd statement.

Who says elementary school teachers are sweet and nurturing after a difficult day. Heck many of them aren't sweet and nurturing during the school day.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
What I'm talking about is the .... self-serving "me first" culture that has been cultivated over the last few decades, creating unrealistic expectations and a lonely / unequal society.
That's a funny statement, because the guy who would seek out such a service is very much a "me first" self serving kind of guy. He isn't interested in having a relationship on equal footing, or negotiating anything with a partner.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
I'm not sure how old you are but a lot of men do marry women in the same field as they are.
They do because they are in the same social circle. All things being equal, that bitchy lawyer girl probably loses out to a secretary or teacher. How come you don't see women in lower tier positions like teachers always starting threads, and posting internet articles about where all the good men went? It's no coincidence most of those articles came from females with high paying careers looking for their Mr. Big but they couldn't compete, so they shame those men who choose younger women over the older more experienced (and much less attractive) older woman.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
They do because they are in the same social circle. All things being equal, that bitchy lawyer girl probably loses out to a secretary or teacher. How come you don't see women in lower tier positions like teachers always starting threads, and posting internet articles about where all the good men went? It's no coincidence most of those articles came from females with high paying careers looking for their Mr. Big but they couldn't compete, so they shame those men who choose younger women over the older more experienced (and much less attractive) older woman.
It is unfortunate that you can't make your point without using language like "bitchy lawyer girl".

Do women always identify their occupations when starting the threads you talk about?

Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspentree View Post
It is unfortunate that you can't make your point without using language like "bitchy lawyer girl".

Do women always identify their occupations when starting the threads you talk about?
They do identify their high status careers when they write cliched where are all the good men internet articles. Education is low on my priority list. I like intelligence, but I prefer conversational intelligence. All I need is a Bachelors from her, not the alphabet soup of overpriced degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships