Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
So wearing nice clothes on a date isn't narcissistic? Girls getting their hair done? Nails done? Wearing makeup? All equally narcissistic in my book. I may care about my physique, but I still wear my sweatpant shorts nearly everywhere I go. I shave like once a week and have a pretty solid beard most of the time. I usually wear hats cause I don't feel like doing my hair. I don't really care "what" I look like. I just have aesthetic goals that I wish to attain.

The difference between all the stuff I mentioned above and exercising, is exercising is healthy. When many girls see a very fit guy they know he exercises and takes care of his health, most likely his diet too, and many bodybuilders don't drink alcohol, etc.

Personally, I prefer girls who don't wear makeup. I will almost definitely not date a girl who wears fake nails. I hate dyed hair. I do like girls that are somewhat "fit" however. (Oddly enough, all these categories are my girlfriend to a T)

You're generalization about the type of girls that go after fit guys is poor at best. Do the superficial stupid girls go after fit guys? Absolutely! Do successful girls that like exercise also prefer guys that also exercise? Absolutely!

Very very very few girls would specifically not date a guy because he lifted because he wanted to attain an aesthetically proportioned physique. Far more would not date guys who aren't into exercise at all. And also, if you don't look like you exercise, and try telling girls how much "exercise you do" they will probably just assume you are doing something wrong.
Maybe I'm just jaded by being in NJ with the guidos/guidettes running around.

I fully support exercising and think everyone should do it, I just question what ones motivation is. The biggest reason should be for your health, performance in the field of your choice, and looks should be towards the end of reasons. It's just my opinion. If a girl looks good and is a ditz, I'll still be interested in her, for the night. But for any sort of relationship, if the girl tells me she solely exercises just so she looks sexy, it just isn't a turn on at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 03:26 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Maybe I'm just jaded by being in NJ with the guidos/guidettes running around.

I fully support exercising and think everyone should do it, I just question what ones motivation is. The biggest reason should be for your health, performance in the field of your choice, and looks should be towards the end of reasons. It's just my opinion. If a girl looks good and is a ditz, I'll still be interested in her, for the night. But for any sort of relationship, if the girl tells me she solely exercises just so she looks sexy, it just isn't a turn on at all.
Oh I agree completely. They are definitely guido guys out there that give a lot of "in shape" guys a bad name. It's the area they live in, and what the girls in those areas like. It sucks really.

A lot of real bodybuilders are actually very very interesting. I've watched tonnnnnnnnnns of youtube documentaries and a lot of them are incredibly humble and really keep to themselves. Live pretty modest lifestyles and just focus on their families and bodybuilding.

There are tools in bodybuilding just like the ones in football, basketball, and baseball lol

Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowedown View Post
Just 1 big one.
Hehe yep!

Old 06-17-2013, 03:31 PM

810 posts, read 1,808,985 times
Building your body and working out to look better isn't narcissism. Acting like a douche, proclaiming how much better you are than other people, and basically falling in love with yourself is narcissism. It's unfortunate that there are bodybuilders and in-shape guys who act like jerks and douches, but it's not the sport that made them that; it was themselves.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,813,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
A lot of real bodybuilders are actually very very interesting. I've watched tonnnnnnnnnns of youtube documentaries and a lot of them are incredibly humble and really keep to themselves. Live pretty modest lifestyles and just focus on their families and bodybuilding.
There was a body builder that lived below me in the shop front apartment I lived in (three storey). His teeny tiny daughter would come over on the weekends. They were too adorable for words! This huge guy holding a little My Little Pony backpack with a knee high blonde in pig tails walking down the sidewalk beside him. I wasn't sure if I should offer the kid a lollypop or an apple.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Some muscle, & definition
Body building or gym junkies, no thanks

Old 06-17-2013, 06:12 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Perfect bodies. I could look at a body like that all day. I'd want to do a lot more than look though.
That would be correct...better shape and condition then the average Olympic level participant. Although Lilly's post was sweet...no one else can touch any of that. Many others fail trying. So my post was "Best"....#1.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
That would be correct...better shape and condition then the average Olympic level participant. Although Lilly's post was sweet...no one else can touch any of that. Many others fail trying. So my post was "Best"....#1.
agree! Navy seals are the best, But hey, how about this one? The Recon Marines, (that is my brother) those boys are equally bad ass!!!

Best US Marine Corps Tribute - YouTube

Old 06-17-2013, 06:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,009,617 times
I like a guy who's toned. It's always exciting to see a man pick something up and notice the muscles in his biceps at work. Mmm.

If your arm muscles are bigger than my head, we have a problem. I don't like 6packs either.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:28 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
agree! Navy seals are the best, But hey, how about this one? The Recon Marines, those boys are equally bad ass!!!

Best US Marine Corps Tribute - YouTube
Thank you sweetheart.

Spoiler

Now, in memory of my friends Scott Helvenston and Chris Kyle.

Chimp vs. Navy Seal - YouTube

Chris Kyle Navy Seal RIP - YouTube

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships