Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 07:02 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,232,180 times

Advertisements

IMHO, a build like Channing Tatum in Magic Mike will make most women go crazy. Try to look like a cover model on Men's Fitness or Men's Health.

3 guys who I know that constantly pick up women doing cold approaches have good to great builds. Not overly muscular but you can tell they all workout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
People into crossfit or the Paleo diet are THE WORST from my experience.
Really? Well I've been following Paleo for almost 10 years. Explain how people like me are the worst.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:16 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,232,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I had a "friend" of mine who got really into Crossfit, and every time I talked to him about the workout I did that day, he would emphasize why his workout was superior to mine (hence why we aren't friends anymore.) He kept saying "Oh, you're only training for aesthetics, whereas I have better functional strength and can perform better at more activities and sports."
Biggest pet peeves of Crossfit is they way people do chin-ups/pullups with all that kipping and movement everywhere.

A couple of weeks ago some thin guy jumps up to the chin-up bar violently jerking his whole body doing some chins. My body was in pain watching him do this.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Really? Well I've been following Paleo for almost 10 years. Explain how people like me are the worst.
What's a Paleo diet?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:21 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
They can't stop talking about it. All the time. Always. And it gets very irritating. I have a few friends who have been Paleo for years and they just won't shut up about it. If you're different, awesome! But it seems to me that people involved in Crossfit or the Paleo diet just have to constantly tell everyone about it.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,379,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
IMHO, a build like Channing Tatum in Magic Mike will make most women go crazy. Try to look like a cover model on Men's Fitness or Men's Health.

3 guys who I know that constantly pick up women doing cold approaches have good to great builds. Not overly muscular but you can tell they all workout.
I was Dallas from magic mike for halloween. Leather assless chaps and tiny armani underwear. Biggest hit everrrrr haha. Spent like $150 to wear on a costume one time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-17-2013, 08:08 PM

302 posts, read 868,883 times
OP, you've already lost if you are asking what a women wants or is into. As a rule you will never get a useful or correct answer.

Look around you. Do you see women you find attractive with muscular guys? Do you see them with fat guys? Skinny guys? That tells you all you need to know.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:17 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,597,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
I've been working out at the gym like a fiend these last few months, and results are finally starting to show. Clothes are fitting tighter too.

So women please post a photo of your ideal body type on a man so that I know how much more progress I need to make. Or describe it in words. Either is okay. I just need to get the perfect body and get buff. This is important to me and it's something I must achieve.

Post pictures.
Chasing women's approval again are we sir? Shame shame shame.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:47 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Beyond their elitist attitude and cult like obsessions, which were pretty well represented in Gatsby's post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
What's a Paleo diet?
In a nutshell, it's like a normal Mediterranean diet except it excludes dairy and grain products on rationale that is completely false and not based on any real scientific evidence. Their whole mantra is to basically eat like our ancient ancestors ate (hence the "paleo" of paleolithic).

Side effects include the suckage of excluding good foods and a strong likelihood of deluding oneself into believing they are some sort of modern day mongol warrior.

Thankfully, it never really caught on outside of the Crossfit community. I guess quackery...much like misery...enjoys company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Biggest pet peeves of Crossfit is they way people do chin-ups/pullups with all that kipping and movement everywhere.

A couple of weeks ago some thin guy jumps up to the chin-up bar violently jerking his whole body doing some chins. My body was in pain watching him do this.
The sheer lunacy of Crossfit makes for some solid entertainment.

(adult language warning)

CrossFit or Seizure? - YouTube

2 Crossfitters 1 Chalk Bucket - YouTube

Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,647,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They can't stop talking about it. All the time. Always. And it gets very irritating. I have a few friends who have been Paleo for years and they just won't shut up about it. If you're different, awesome! But it seems to me that people involved in Crossfit or the Paleo diet just have to constantly tell everyone about it.
That may describe the people you've encountered, but it doesn't describe me or anyone else I know who follows Paleo. The only time I even mention Paleo is when someone asks me about it. For example, if they ask why I don't eat bread or why I look younger than my age, then I'll explain what Paleo is. But even then, I won't go into a lot of detail unless the person is genuinely interested in listening. I also don't go around telling people to adopt my way of eating. Sure there are times when I see someone eating something I know is bad for them, but I don't tell them why they should stop. It's their health so they can ruin it if they want.

I've seen posts like yours before when the topic of Paleo comes up. There's always someone who complains that the Paleo people can't stop talking about it. How terrible for you? A group of your friends talking about something that interests them, that they're clearly passionate about. Some of my friends sit around talking about football. I don't follow sports, but I don't complain that they talk about it. Likewise, I have relatives who are doctors. When we get together, they almost always talk about work. Do I complain? No. If it bothers you so much that your friends talk about Paleo all the time, why are you friends with them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships