Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 AM

284 posts, read 341,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I've had this happen few times honey. Don't get twisted.
Uh huh... Riiiiight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 11:36 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nallia1 View Post
Uh huh... Riiiiight
You're g$@damn right I'm right.

Never thought I'd be in this situation... I have to turn down a girl

Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
If I was interested in being a total sap and sucker I would but I ain't so I'm going to hold firm on this since it is the one situation I can use a rule that is usually used against men for my benefit.
It's really not that horrible to pay for a date with someone you like, but have it your way. I know you're adamant about this.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:43 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
It's really not that horrible to pay for a date with someone you like, but have it your way. I know you're adamant about this.
That's right. A woman who likes a guy and therefore goes out with him. Shouldn't be horrible for her to pay for a date, you're right. If its as simple as that, I am not sure why all these long threads about it.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:47 AM

288 posts, read 255,657 times
I have been on more dates whether first second or whatnot, then I can count and I've never paid. I always had my share, but the guy always took the check without a second thought. Most dates though were at lounges and whatnot more drinks then dinners, but even on dinner dates the waitress would hand over the check to the guy. I had never had a guy ask me to split or to pay the whole tab. Even when I went out with girlfriends and a guy started talking and flirting when he saw I was ordering a drink they would tell the bartenders to put it on their tab. Never came upon the issue of who paid until I started reading c-d, even from work when we would go out the guys always split it between themselves and covered us girls.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
That's right. A woman who likes a guy and therefore goes out with him. Shouldn't be horrible for her to pay for a date, you're right. If its as simple as that, I am not sure why all these long threads about it.
I told you. A woman is not in a situation where she needs to pay for a date because it's not hard to find a man who will treat her. If you're a man who can easily find a woman who will treat you and that's what you want, just focus on those women, but don't be surprised if other women don't follow suit.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith357 View Post
What difference does it make who asked who?

Must be just how you were raised...
"Whoever asks, pays." That's the rule I hear here 24/7 ain't it?

Old 02-10-2015, 12:00 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
"Whoever asks, pays." That's the rule I hear here 24/7 ain't it?
That's how it works for business meetings, but I have only heard of women paying when they don't want to give the wrong impression to the guy.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:08 PM

914 posts, read 766,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I've gone on first dates like anyone else, some where the guy paid a good portion of the time while others they didn't pay or we went half and half.

Its been a month since I've been on a date so I am wondering tomorrow is a movie, walk around, and dinner, should I pay for 1 of these or just wait and see if this guy pays for everything or what to do?

What is the proper and right thing to do in today's world?

I hope your date went well. Next time, he can take care of dinner and you can take care of the movie.

Old 02-10-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's how it works for business meetings, but I have only heard of women paying when they don't want to give the wrong impression to the guy.
I've split the check on the first date but never paid the whole bill. I have paid the whole bill on subsequent dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships