Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 02:14 PM

708 posts, read 721,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Not address, just city/state. Again, trying to understand how an attractive girl cant get laid. I mean if it's BFE North Dakota...
Hey what does North Dakota have to do with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 02:23 PM

609 posts, read 615,844 times
A friends with benefits relationship for someone with self-esteem problems is like the worst path to take possible.

Old 06-24-2015, 03:48 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
Well, deep down I do 'know' that, but that's not the way my mind thinks when this sort of thing happens.

The thought process I go through is:

-I wasn't attractive enough for him to stay/come back to me
-I wasn't attractive enough for him to call back at another time or try to communicate with me to meet again
-I wasn't worthy of enough respect for him to use a condom
-I was a bad judge of character and shouldn't have even been so shocked someone I barely knew pulled something like this
-I was dumb not to be prepared myself just in case this happened

....and on and on and on. I am guessing this is not how others' minds work. This is the thought process I go through. And not just right after it happens...all day...even today. I can't stop thinking about it.
Look at all the negative self-talk you're laying on yourself, when probably the only problem is that he feels awkward about how everything turned out, and doesn't know what to do next. The whole thing could be resolved by you sending him a text, and saying something like, "Hi, are you still around?"

Also: no point in beating yourself up about not being prepared, yourself. Drop the negative talk, and next time have the supplies. Just learn from the experience without berating yourself. Mistakes are for learning from. But also, pay attention to this strong tendency you have toward beating yourself up. It's a symptom of deeper issues that need attending to.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:23 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,140,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
Not address, just city/state. Again, trying to understand how an attractive girl cant get laid. I mean if it's BFE North Dakota...

She doesn't just want to have sex with any swinging huckleberry. Give it up.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:21 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,508,939 times
Lots of good points in this thread (and some asinine comments) Completely agree that a FWB situation will not improve self-esteem (more likely to further damage it), and that casual sex is about the sex, not the partner. If it was about the partner, it would be some sort of relationship. And if you want your partner to use condoms (as you should), be sure to bring your own, just in case. Be proactive and make sure you are on the same page or it will lead to disappointment and problems.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:39 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,391,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Carrying one herself wouldn't change someone balking at using one if the "just doesn't like to," though.
That was my thought. Even if she had one I think he would have bailed.
What the hell was he thinking??

Op--I am glad people are being kind and gentle with you. I think you are lucky to be rid of that loser.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:01 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
If he didn't call after a night of sex OP would have felt rejected then too. Basically the only way this would end up with the OP not feeling rejected would be if the pending FWB kept calling and begging to see her and then (eventually) wanted to start dating and not just hooking up.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:58 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,668,043 times
You are just as responsible for protection as the man. Go buy a case of condoms so your ready for next time. Practice putting them on bananas, cucumbers and other similar shapes, guys have all sorts of funky shapes.
Next time you get busy you'll be a pro at "bagging" it.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:03 PM

358 posts, read 229,411 times
I am going to assume you were not as attractive as he desired. You can buy condoms at any walmart or gas station 24/7. I am going to assume he just didnt think it/you were worth it.

Good thing for you is there are a billion men in the sea that would love to have a Fwb you would glady wear a condom.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingRejected View Post
He said he could go get one, left, then text me saying he couldn't find a store that's open and it must not have been meant to be. He never came back. 2 days have past and I have not heard from him. I'm crushed.
Welcome to the life realization that there are tons of men out there who have this low level of consciousness.

However there are plenty of men who don't.

Be thankful that he did not come back...can you just imagine where this situation would have gone with his level of consciousness?

Perk up and find a good man to share yourself with...it's so much healthier.

Also carry your own condoms and make sure a man knows how to properly use one. You would be amazed at how many people don't have good condom sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships