Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 11:03 AM

540 posts, read 363,008 times

Advertisements

Hows that going for u diss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM

405 posts, read 241,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Very one-sided.....
What you want for as long as you want until you are tired of it
Then u leave for the next one

Let me make this clear, I am not a guy who moves from the next girl to the next girl. I do not hookup or do friends with benefits. I was raised to respect woman and be a gentleman at all times. if me and the girl are in agreement on those three things i mentioned before, which would be established before we started anything. i would be committed to her, i have also said if she decides to change her mind on some of the things I will not compromise on, she is free to leave, i will not hold anyone back, i know i am asking for a lot.

Last edited by JimBrown333; 03-21-2017 at 12:36 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Isn't that kind of the contract all relationships run over in a way? "We are a couple until and/or unless you really p$&@ me off or I don't want you anymore." I don't think I'm wrong on that.

that is true, good point.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Nightsong View Post
Hows that going for u diss?
The thread ain't about me and you're not going to bait me into a fight, so don't spend your energy.

But believe there is truth in what I said. That goes for any relationship romantic, employment, or platonic. If one party is done or gets PO'd enough they are going to bounce and nothing can be done about it.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM

540 posts, read 363,008 times
No real commitment in what the OP is talking about

Not trying to bait u either

Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBrown333 View Post
How so?, the girl would know I am committed to her, and if she feels the same about the three things (Marriage,Kids,Co-habitation) and we are together, how is that not a relationship, while not the conventional or traditional relationship, I would still call it a relationship in my eyes.
Never said it wasn't a relationship, but going into it saying that the other person is free to move on if they realize they do actually want more isn't a commitment.

yes, marriages and "permanent" commitments do end, but that's not the same thing as not even wanting that up front.

Again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to get the relationship(s) that you want, just that serial monogamy isn't the same thing as a committed relationship. And that's all you are suggesting, not happily ever after, for better or for worse, etc. Those commitments don't have to be in a marriage, they just have to be mutually agreed to - but they don't come along with

Quote:
i expect a younger girl to change her mind, which is fine, we would establish that when that time comes she is free to end the relationship.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times
Yes, it will limit your selection.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Never said it wasn't a relationship, but going into it saying that the other person is free to move on if they realize they do actually want more isn't a commitment.

yes, marriages and "permanent" commitments do end, but that's not the same thing as not even wanting that up front.

Again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to get the relationship(s) that you want, just that serial monogamy isn't the same thing as a committed relationship. And that's all you are suggesting, not happily ever after, for better or for worse, etc. Those commitments don't have to be in a marriage, they just have to be mutually agreed to - but they don't come along with
The other person would be free to move on technically even if it wasn't stated.

What OP is saying in what you quoted is there is a high likelihood that a woman may change her mind once the biological clock rears its ugly head and will want to bounce away from a guy who doesn't want the kids lifestyle.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,878,931 times
Quote:
Isn't that kind of the contract all relationships run over in a way? "We are a couple until and/or unless you really p$&@ me off or I don't want you anymore." I don't think I'm wrong on that.
You're not wrong at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What's the deal with everyone's obsession with "commitment"? Seriously, I want to know.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
The thread ain't about me and you're not going to bait me into a fight, so don't spend your energy.

But believe there is truth in what I said. That goes for any relationship romantic, employment, or platonic. If one party is done or gets PO'd enough they are going to bounce and nothing can be done about it.
Some people will disagree with this, but i cant say it again how right you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships