Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,066,138 times

Advertisements

Maybe smoke signals are the way to go???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,658,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Maybe smoke signals are the way to go???
Or maybe we can just offer services where we can go and do it on behalf of others, Twinkle. Eyeball the thread - we could get filthy-nawty rich.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,479,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlyn09 View Post
You have to get over this whole "grown up do this, grown ups do that" thing. Different people, different circumstances, different solutions!
Excuses, excuses

Old 07-06-2009, 09:10 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,479,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, I just hate situational ethics, because it really is all about what's convenient, rather than what's right. And people who adhere to it will eventually justify almost any kind of behavior.
Aw boo, I can't rep you again yet.

But excellent response

Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,171,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
How sweet of you to worry about him spending a couple bucks on gas. I's funny how we women seldom worry about a man spending money on gas to see us and to take us out. . except when it works to our disadvantage.

I did not make you look like anything - if you feel like a villain, which no one has called you - that was of no one's doing. . . perhaps it's just your conscience nudging you. You know in your heart of hearts what is right and what is wrong.

At least you know about the snot . . and this time you will carry tissues.

seriously
i could get writing things out to make sure you say everything you want to say, but it should be brought with you and done in person
however saving him 3 bucks in gas is a total copout and bs excuse

Old 07-06-2009, 09:57 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,588,097 times
Dear OP,

Confront him and tell him like a HUMAN BEING.

Doing it otherwise makes you look "cheap" (to not state another type adjective).

What is he, some kind of "it"?

Also, just because many others may do the E-Mail route doesn't make them right IMO, unless he/she was a Health or Physical liability in a matter of speaking.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,658,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlefty23 View Post
seriously
i could get writing things out to make sure you say everything you want to say, but it should be brought with you and done in person
however saving him 3 bucks in gas is a total copout and bs excuse

Oh no no no! I am not the OP of this thread - this is not my situation! Please do not start that rumor! LOL

Old 07-06-2009, 10:01 PM

3 posts, read 9,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, I just hate situational ethics, because it really is all about what's convenient, rather than what's right. And people who adhere to it will eventually justify almost any kind of behavior. In this situation e-mailing is at best, lazy. At worst, it's completely inconsiderate of a person who has devoted a year of time to a relationship. Unless the guy has been totally uncaring or abusive, he at least deserves a face-to-face.
Nobody said he doesn't deserve to be told face to face. I was simply pointing out that you cant handle every person and every situation the same way. Being told to do something the "grown up" way doesn't help at all, and who's to say what's "right"? what's right in your eyes could be completely different to someone else. Nothing's as black or white as you want to make it out to be, open your minds up a bit.

I really wish some of you people in this forum would get off your high horses...

Old 07-06-2009, 11:01 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,537,296 times
Quote:
Nobody said he doesn't deserve to be told face to face. I was simply pointing out that you cant handle every person and every situation the same way. Being told to do something the "grown up" way doesn't help at all, and who's to say what's "right"? what's right in your eyes could be completely different to someone else. Nothing's as black or white as you want to make it out to be, open your minds up a bit.

I really wish some of you people in this forum would get off your high horses...
Unless you're talking a sistuation where, based on a history, you could encounter physical harm, I don't buy your point at all.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,632,524 times
Quote:

Thanks for your input, and I absolutely agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships