Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 05:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Are you under the impression these other religions are not having what they believe are real experiences with a higher being? Are you really saying that only your flavor of God manifests perceived experiences? Many Muslims believe so intense that they commit suicide and chop off heads for their god. I got news for you, you and your religion are not unique. They likely believe you are as clueless about a higher being as you do them. I sit here from the outside and scratch my head that both(all religious) are irrational indoctrinated fools. Granted, I was a fool myself for decades, yet, I didn't just dismiss rational arguments that led to my leaving religion. You come here everyday and hear rational arguments and still do not see or admit the absurdity of your belief. Religion has proved itself to be a serious disorder.

I never said anything about their experiences, but while you're on the subject, it goes back to the ONE mediator thing. Experiences outside of that may be as real as spiritual things can be, but they are from the WRONG spirit(s), and their works proclaim it.

You just don't get it. Your so-called "rational" arguments are from a fallen nature that I left behind when His Spirit came into my heart, so why SHOULD they have any effect upon me? Our ways are not His ways, His ways are much HIGHER than our ways. You left a pile a rules behind specific to whatever denomination you escaped from, and congratulations are in order for that. BUT that is NOT the same thing as having a NEW SPIRIT living in you that promises to lead you into all righteousness and Truth, because once again, it CHANGES you from the inside out, not the outside in as ALL denominations try to do. Peace

Old 04-19-2017, 05:30 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Were you a believer before these experiences, or did these experiences convince you that your God existed and was the source?
Been a believer since college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Prove the dream didn't come from Satan.

Just because you perceive the job change as better doesn't mean it is. Perhaps God wanted you to learn something from being in a tough job but Satan sent you a dream and got you out of that job. See how that works?
Now that's just plain silly.

One: proving a negative is not really possible. Two: I am now retired and God showed his provision by changing my job situation. The lesson learned is that God does get me thru tough situations and he provides solutions.

Thank you for using proper grammar by using a capital G for God. So many atheists think they are being clever by using the lower case g, but it only shows otherwise. Like "their" is a bird or "your" outside.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:41 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post

One: proving a negative is not really possible. Two: I am now retired and God showed his provision by changing my job situation. The lesson learned is that God does get me thru tough situations and he provides solutions.

Thank you for using proper grammar by using a capital G for God. So many atheists think they are being clever by using the lower case g, but it only shows otherwise. Like "their" is a bird or "your" outside.
Doesn't negate my point at all. It is your assumption that God was the one who did this, but it could easily have been Satan. And maybe you missed something important by switching your job.

Your bias is showing. You cannot prove God did anything. My scenario is equally as plausible.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Let's see. Kill, steal, destroy vs. new job that proves to be a blessing. Yeah, Satan did that alright. Peace

Old 04-19-2017, 06:21 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:

How do you know God showed you that? How do you know time isn't on a loop or something and you just simply remembered something that hadn't happened on this go round yet?

Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Doesn't negate my point at all. It is your assumption that God was the one who did this, but it could easily have been Satan. And maybe you missed something important by switching your job.

Your bias is showing. You cannot prove God did anything. My scenario is equally as plausible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How do you know God showed you that? How do you know time isn't on a loop or something and you just simply remembered something that hadn't happened on this go round yet?
Yea this experience of mine has always given atheists problems. Thus the multitude of rationalizations as witnessed in this thread. Read my posts then read all of the "possible" explanations. Sorry, but... Not the first time nor the last. "Anything but God".

Old 04-19-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yea this experience of mine has always given atheists problems. Thus the multitude of rationalizations as witnessed in this thread. Real my post then read all of the "possible" explanations. Sorry, but...
It doesn't give me problems. I've had similar experiences and I have an explanation that makes sense to me. I'm just wondering how you ruled God in.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:41 PM

Quote:
What I find sadly interesting is how the skeptics will dismiss any sort of evidence for God or the supernatural. They will find a way to explain it away-sometimes with a more unlikely cause. Knee jerk reaction.
OK so I looked through your posts on this thread and this was the closest I could come. Time being on a loop seems more plausible to me even when was a believer. By the way, I'm not saying that is the source of this at all. With your explanation we have intent layered on top of just is. God showed me this+the operation of God's mind with the WHY he showed you.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:48 PM

7,243 posts, read 7,066,230 times
Quote:
Yea this experience of mine has always given atheists problems. Thus the multitude of rationalizations as witnessed in this thread. Read my posts then read all of the "possible" explanations. Sorry, but... Not the first time nor the last. "Anything but God".
Your experience doesn't bother me at all, because I just had an experience where God told me Satan was behind your job change.

I said it happened so it must be true. That's proof and everyone should believe it.

What? Do I sense a denial coming?

Must be another message from God about the future.

See how absurd your claim of an "experience" is?

Not proof. Just a story with no facts.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Woke up after the dream. Looked at the clock. It said 3AM. Thought wow, that was one lucid dream! Actually got up as I couldn't sleep. Managed to get back to sleep after a while. Then when 11AM rolled around and the boss called me into her office and asked if I wanted to transfer to adult services, my jaw dropped. Of course I said yes. How many dreams do you remember after 10 years? Was it God? I think so as I prayed to God for help the previous two months. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Your experience doesn't bother me at all, because I just had an experience where God told me Satan was behind your job change.
I said it happened so it must be true. That's proof and everyone should believe it.
What? Do I sense a denial coming?
Must be another message from God about the future.
See how absurd your claim of an "experience" is?
Not proof. Just a story with no facts.
Wait, wait. I have this sense, this feeling can it be??? A ridiculing post and disrespectful one that has been detected. No need for God on this one. Please be ashamed of yourself. If we were face to face you wouldn't dare to act or say such things. Enjoy the protection the internet gives you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality