Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 2,500 times

Advertisements

Christ came and went for the second time... Where were you? In the bible, he told his follower ..."I will come like the thief in the night." Did you stay up and watch the thief in the night coming? Hey all, no it’s only require us to think and investigate, “investigate the truth”... stop listening to the ministers and preacher man who brain wash most people in church. It doesn’t matter which church... all church were build out of anger if you really open your mind and look into it, to have a one person to rule church or any type of congregation it often result in disagreement, split of people/ divided them. One person will not agree with the leader of the church at the time will soon decide to build his or her own church. Look out there, why there are so many churches out there and they all preaching from the same exact bible???? Helloooo wake up! Go do some research.....lol.

Why did Christ say “Like the thief in the night?” The nature of the thief, he will not appear if you are sitting in your living room awaiting for him to shows up...lol. He only comes when there is no one around…

Hey all,,, It means something else… what is that something else?… You will never know about it unless you’ve done your research and figure out the prophesies in the bible and don’t forget watch for the sign. Christ also told them…”I will return with a new name…

I can’t tell you what verse and chapter is in, because it is your job to read your bible and learn it well

Good day now, until the
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 08:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The Bible clearly tells us, there will be no peace on earth, until Jesus Christ returns the second time. The Book of Revelation clearly points that out, and the other Old Testement prophecies tell us the samething.
Jesus came into this world to be put to death on the cross, so it was obvious there would be no peace when He arrived either. The angles proclaimed peace, yet their word had little power to do that. Yet they knew that someday peace would come because of Jesus. Yet that peace is for the future.
So God is the cause of this lack of peace on earth by bringing about events to "anger the nations"?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Perhaps because you refuse to consider anything that does not go along with your "beliefs", which you call facts. If you refuse to even look at other ideas, how can you truly improve your belief.

Oh, by the way, no one has ever proven that the bible is 100% correct and lacking contradictions to me. And I have been here for a long time. Care to show me proof that does not use the bible as its basis?
Well, I have considered things outside of the Bible, yet I have found such consderations pale in comparison to Biblical truth that is being proven true by historical discovery, and fulfilled Bible prophecies.

And your last question is pretty much nonsensocal. What would be the point of trying to prove the validity of the Bible, and yet being asked to do so by not using the Bible?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM

140 posts, read 205,086 times
If God created the universe, and the Bible words are God's words, then for Earth and Sun, which goes around which?

Quote:
Psalm 104:5

5 He set the earth on its foundations;
it can never be moved
It says earth sits on a base and does not move. Isn't that stupid.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinidaka View Post
Christ came and went for the second time... Where were you? In the bible, he told his follower ..."I will come like the thief in the night." Did you stay up and watch the thief in the night coming? Hey all, no it’s only require us to think and investigate, “investigate the truth”... stop listening to the ministers and preacher man who brain wash most people in church. It doesn’t matter which church... all church were build out of anger if you really open your mind and look into it, to have a one person to rule church or any type of congregation it often result in disagreement, split of people/ divided them. One person will not agree with the leader of the church at the time will soon decide to build his or her own church. Look out there, why there are so many churches out there and they all preaching from the same exact bible???? Helloooo wake up! Go do some research.....lol.

Why did Christ say “Like the thief in the night?” The nature of the thief, he will not appear if you are sitting in your living room awaiting for him to shows up...lol. He only comes when there is no one around…

Hey all,,, It means something else… what is that something else?… You will never know about it unless you’ve done your research and figure out the prophesies in the bible and don’t forget watch for the sign. Christ also told them…”I will return with a new name…

I can’t tell you what verse and chapter is in, because it is your job to read your bible and learn it well

Good day now, until the
alinidaka, there is a real good chance I was reading my Bible before you were born. And when the Bible tells us Christ will come as a thief in the night, that verse has more to do with his sudden appearance. The Bible tells us, that when Christ finally appears (EVERY EYE WILL SEE HIM). I would suggest you go back and reread your Bible. And I don't listen to ministers for my faith, because I don't even go to church because of my Job.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times
I think that the overwhelming evidence proves that the Bible is not the word of God, and I have long used the theory that an eternal omnipotent diety (Should he/she/it exist) Cannot be complete nor final, therefore some writings by humans could certainly not be.
In addition, if such a being did exist, we with our human minds could never understand or comprehend him/her/it, and this remains a metaphysical fact until proven otherwise.
Furthermore, anyone who understands mythology and socio-cultural evolution would fully understand the Bible as myth, and see the evolution of myth as played out in the Bible.
I know the Bible is a bestseller, it is a widely read and very influential book. Too bad it is such an outdated and evil book to use as a guide to one's faith. Here in the 21st Century, we can and should be doing better than this. (Well some of us are) The next time you are burning witches at the stake, as your Bible teaches and command you to do, or beating your wife and children as it tells you that you should, please reconsider if what you are doing is really healthy and has any socially redeeeming value. mmmmkay?

Old 02-10-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So God is the cause of this lack of peace on earth by bringing about events to "anger the nations"?
The Bible clearly shows us that (MAN & Satan) are the cause of of the evil in the world today, and in the past. Yet the God of the Bible states that near the end of time, God will bring about events that will anger the nations. God is going to once again establish His authority. The world is in the mess it is today, because man alone has been in control. That is going to change. God told us that near the time of the end, God would allow the Jewish people to return to the land of Israel. God has allowed this to happen. Yet the world is unaware, that God has just drawn His line in the sand.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I think that the overwhelming evidence proves that the Bible is not the word of God, and I have long used the theory that an eternal omnipotent diety (Should he/she/it exist) Cannot be complete nor final, therefore some writings by humans could certainly not be.
In addition, if such a being did exist, we with our human minds could never understand or comprehend him/her/it, and this remains a metaphysical fact until proven otherwise.
Furthermore, anyone who understands mythology and socio-cultural evolution would fully understand the Bible as myth, and see the evolution of myth as played out in the Bible.
I know the Bible is a bestseller, it is a widely read and very influential book. Too bad it is such an outdated and evil book to use as a guide to one's faith. Here in the 21st Century, we can and should be doing better than this. (Well some of us are) The next time you are burning witches at the stake, as your Bible teaches and command you to do, or beating your wife and children as it tells you that you should, please reconsider if what you are doing is really healthy and has any socially redeeeming value. mmmmkay?
Please, could you share with us this overwhelming evidence that proves the Bible is not the Word of God? And could you explain to us how a myth could also provide us with prophecies that are palyed out in our present time, and are shown to be truthful?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 AM

[quote=moonsun;7403496]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
No one has ever proven the Bible was filled with errors or contradictions to me. And I have been here for a long time. Care to show me one?
quote]

YouTube - Is the bible the word of God - Deedat vs Sjoberg - 2 of 24

YouTube - Bible God's Word? - Deedat vs Swaggart 6 of 23
I have seen these Muslim experts try to show us the countradictions in the Bible. It's like listening to a 6 year old boy. I have never seen such sad attempts, and they walk away thinking they are knowledgable. It's pretty sad really, and it's even more sad to see the people who believe the nonsense they spread.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW123 View Post
If God created the universe, and the Bible words are God's words, then for Earth and Sun, which goes around which?

It says earth sits on a base and does not move. Isn't that stupid.

Well according to Psalm 104:5, it actually reads. He established the earth upon its foundations, so that it will not (totter forever and ever).

Totter- To sway

If the text is speaking of the earths foundation as the inner core, and the inner core is actually spinning faster than the earths rotation, then the earths core would have a gyroscopic effect. And that gyrpscopic effect would help to stablize, and eliminate the chance of the earth swaying. And if that is the case, the verse in question would read correctly.

I would point out, the Bible indicates that the earth itself floats on nothing. So it would be a mistake to believe the verse was suggesting the earth was sitting on a fix foundation.

Job 26:7 He stretches out the north over the void and (HANGS THE EARTH ON NOTHING).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality