Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Hmm, i thought you were here cause mommy and daddy decided they want to have children.
My dog is here for the same reason as you are. So are bugs, mosquitoes, ticks, ants, and fruit flies.....

So you came here to do nothing, no purpose..and when you die, still no purpose...okay! Gotcha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So you came here to do nothing, no purpose..and when you die, still no purpose...okay! Gotcha.
Betsey our destinies are not set in stone, we make our own purpose in life.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
START HERE: Does God Exist - Six Reasons to Believe that God is Really There - Existence of God - Proof of God May you find your purpose here on earth before meeting your Creator! Bless each and all!

Betsey

Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
I'm curious, is your criteria for having a purpose in life just believing in god....any god? Or are Christians the only ones with a purpose in life......all Christians.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:48 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times
Quote:
None of us had a choice to "come" here, as you stated. With this, there is a really no purpose, until you understand this, there is nothing to debate.

You have your mind set on god thing, which is fine with me, and the rest of the world. You found your "purpose", and i'm happy for you, just keep it to yourself, and we all get alone just well.

TTFN

Old 05-28-2009, 12:12 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
You want to know what I do find "questioning"? Why would any self-professed atheist waste their time trying to so adamantly disprove a God they don't believe in, in the first place? Or, is it deep down inside, you don't really believe that? Just curious? Are you unconsciously seeking?
Why would a self professed Christian waste their time trying to so adamantly to prove a God that doesn't exist? Or, is it deep down inside, you have doubts? Or perhaps you are afraid that you have chosen the wrong God.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:38 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
After 10 pages of infighting apologetics we have hell played as the trump card and the alternative love.

Which is it?

If the theists cannot even agree, what hope have you of convincing anyone else?

We atheists sit back and smile and observe how poor representation you make of your common skydaddy. We do not even have to debate you folk, you shoot yourselves in the proverbial foot rather well but that has been going on for 2000+ years.

Carry on, the entertainment is, well, amusing.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
A world cannot be built by indifferences; if we're ever to be united you must give out light into the darkness instead of making sin better. Not everything is lost humanity was created to live, not predestined our lives.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:16 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
It sounds like you don't like that question, Betsey. Well....Betsey asked the question, is this your final answer?

Let me ask again: "Who here on C.D. have never heard of Jesus?" And what's YOUR excuse?" Operative words are highlighted.
Hummmmmm, kinda makes me wonder if perhaps yall are asking the wrong question. Seems to me that another would be more to the point. "How many people here wish they had never heard of jesus, or, had to listen to the rantings of his believers?"

Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Hummmmmm, kinda makes me wonder if perhaps yall are asking the wrong question. Seems to me that another would be more to the point. "How many people here wish they had never heard of jesus, or, had to listen to the rantings of his believers?"

hummmmmmm.

dear Dusty! the wonderment may not be so funny after all: private conversations are deemed less valuable.

not imho, but utter experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality