Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:36 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,547,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
It could be anything & maybe I'm over exaggerating, but I've lost 40 lbs, 30 of it in the ladt three weeks & I'm scared.
30 lbs in 3 weeks?
And you've been posting on various threads here on CD as if nothing's wrong?
You should get yourself to the nearest emergency room.

Old 06-20-2015, 12:20 AM

7,052 posts, read 6,316,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
30 lbs in 3 weeks?
And you've been posting on various threads here on CD as if nothing's wrong?
You should get yourself to the nearest emergency room.
It's actually been 6 weeks I think. DR gave me prescription to help stop the diarrea & they're running tests. They do need my sample, which I will get in to them in the morning.

I kept thinking it would be okay & I could make myself better with fruits & vegetables, smoothies made with soy milk & fruit. I then started adding flax. I have also been adding kale & the Dr said to make sure it was thoroughly cleaned & I'm not sure if I gave it more than cursory cleaning. This is top of my list to do.

The main thing is getting them a sample in the morning.

As for the emergency room, that is exactly what it is for & this is not an emergency. I am still functioning, albeit slower.
The doctors & nurses who work that room are to be commended. They would have to do the same blood tests that the Dr is doing & I've come to know the schedule of what my body is doing. No sense going to the emergency room. Just double tests. And this is exactly why I said nothing. I needed to make my own decision as to what to do.

Old 06-20-2015, 01:21 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,547,027 times
Quote:
No sense going to the emergency room. Just double tests. And this is exactly why I said nothing. I needed to make my own decision as to what to do.
Your own decision was to blithely post on dozens of irrelevant threads here on CD on varying topics, day after day, while ignoring alarming symptoms?
OK then. Please be more honest with your health professionals than you have here.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Your own decision was to blithely post on dozens of irrelevant threads here on CD on varying topics, day after day, while ignoring alarming symptoms?
OK then. Please be more honest with your health professionals than you have here.
Buiscuitmom, Blithely posting? Going on as if life was? Yes, I'm guilty. Maybe it's being Minnesotan, maybe it's from having a Norwegian mother & an Irish father, who knows. But we don't air our laundrey at the first sign of trouble.
We've all had stomache troubles &I guess I kept hoplng it would go away. Sorry if I offended you.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:52 AM

Can I change the subject? We are currently expiering a thundet/lightening storm. I know that excess water has been trouble for some folks & for those I can omly pray. I personay love thundetstorms. Always have, assume I always will. What a beutifll sight/sound.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:12 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
meo.....here's hoping it turns out to be nothing serious and quickly treatable and also that losing the weight was something you could afford to do and is something you see as a nice side benefit, even though you wouldn't have chosen to do it this way.
On the subject of washing greens. I'm also guilty of not doing so thoroughly.
It seems they never get really dry if you rinse the inside of the heads. Does anybody have one of those salad spinners things? Do they work?
If the heat or AC is running, I've propped one up and set it over the floor register. Now that works!

Old 06-20-2015, 05:49 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,776,963 times
{{{{{{{{{meo}}}}}}}}} I hope it turns out okay. Scary.

o_c, mom swears by her spinner. It really does work. I'd get one but I don't have room for it.

Old 06-20-2015, 06:06 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,965,613 times
Quote:
Buiscuitmom, Blithely posting? Going on as if life was? Yes, I'm guilty. Maybe it's being Minnesotan, maybe it's from having a Norwegian mother & an Irish father, who knows. But we don't air our laundrey at the first sign of trouble.
We've all had stomache troubles &I guess I kept hoplng it would go away. Sorry if I offended you.
meo, in my case it was "British Stiff Upper Lip" that had me hoping it would go away.

I, too, had some stuff going on and didn't see any reason to bother my doc with it since I had an appt. scheduled for a follow-up from another condition. Truth be told, even if I had made a big deal out of it, the diagnosis would have been the same and so would the outcome.

In my case, I didn't lose weight so the gastric distress was the only symptom I had and like you, I attributed it early on to those "stomach troubles" that we all get from time to time.

Wishing a good outcome for you. Keep a good thought.

Old 06-20-2015, 08:37 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,076,199 times
Meo: That particular test sounds very much like what I had a few years ago. It was a test for
C-Diff, a type of bacteria that is not too common. My test was negative and my symptoms went away. Who knows what it was.

It's perfectly ok not to share everything on here and to keep on posting wherever you want to.
Who is to say you must share all to us, a bunch of strangers???

Old 06-20-2015, 09:18 AM

5,949 posts, read 5,120,464 times
Meo: I understand the logic of reading and posting in other places while you are going through this. One way to keep your mind occupied while going through such a hard experience. I would have done the exact same thing. Nobody knows what you yourself know what you need. Always listen to your gut --- oops not intended as a negative. I meant trust yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.