Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
Your wonderful understatement, Don! "This is a really strange trial."

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSR
Ditto!LOL

Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 PM

44,631 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Yes, I'll be glad when this circus is over.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
I don't watch Nancy Grace, but I just read on another forum that Dr. Lenore Walker called into Nancy Grace's show and informed the public that indeed she does still use her list of criteria that Willmott was grilling Dr. DeMarte about today. Willmott asked Dr. D "Are you aware that even Lenore Walker does not use that list anymore?". Willmott is in over her head ... I hope Juan can correct this somehow. I wish Juan would contact Dr. Walker and have her fly in and set the record straight. Willmott must have had advice from docquacksAlot and ALV and ran with it without checking it out. A lawyer has to have a good faith basis for asking a question.

Please ... listen to this YouTube ... just 10 seconds ... you have to turn up the volume ... there is an option when you click on it for a 300% volume option ... some people are saying Willmott mutters 'what a b itch' ... watch Arias her head pops up with a surprised look on her face ... so she thinks or wonders what Willmott is saying too.

"What A *****" Willmott calls Dr. DeMarte at Jodi Arias Trial. - YouTube

What do you hear?

How many more times will Judge Stephens allow the trial to be cancelled because Arias has a headache ... can't the trial continue without Arias present? All Arias is doing is writing in a notebook anyway.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-18-2013 at 12:52 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
I've listened to the clip a few times and I just don't know...seems like she could be saying "You betcha." As horrifically incompetent and annoying as I think Willmott is, I can't believe she would be dumb enough to curse at a witness with a mic on in the middle of a cross exam. Maybe I'm still giving her too much credit though...lol.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:17 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I've listened to the clip a few times and I just don't know...seems like she could be saying "You betcha." As horrifically incompetent and annoying as I think Willmott is, I can't believe she would be dumb enough to curse at a witness with a mic on in the middle of a cross exam. Maybe I'm still giving her too much credit though...lol.

I thought maybe 'you betcha' too ... or "you b itch you." People do make 'open mike' blunders. LOL But Arias head sure popped up from the novel she is writing. Of course it would mean hiring a audio expert at $300.00 an hour and going through a long drawn out examination and this trial has been going on too long already.

Last edited by CarolinaWoman; 04-18-2013 at 01:39 AM..

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
I can't wait until this circus is over too as an above poster stated! I just watch Jane V.M and Nancy grace to get the upsdates..after the Casaey Anthony debacle my nerves can't handle watching minute by minute. I swear I will have a breakdown if this bit3h gets off like her! I think judging by the jury questions though they can't stand her either. At any rate I googled Travis's death photos like Dr Drew said and my goodness Jodi is one Evil B**ch. I just can't wait to hear Guilty and although I am against the death Penalty I don't want her in general population manipulating the other inmates. I would just like her to have 23 hours a day by herself with no one to talk to!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:26 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Is it acceptable courtroom practice to stop a trial because the accused isn't feeling well ? Seems pretty lame to me, a person could claim to be sick a lot and drag a case on forever.............oh wait, that is exactly what is happening here.

This is really a strange trial.

Don
I think because it is a death penalty case the Judge is bending over backwards for appellate(sp) issues down the road. I remember that twit Casey Anthony did the same thing. It seems these weirdo phycho's get a kick out of having control like that.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I really like this witness. She is smart, confident, and won't be intimidated by the defense. Yes, she is young but she also has accomplished a lot and is evidently very good at her profession. So nice to see an intelligent witness for a change who is only trying to give a professional opinion based on her experience and training.

What the heck is Jodi drawing in that notebook ? What ever it is they better give her a bigger eraser because she keeps erasing stuff and starting over. Maybe she is doing the New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle............after all, she is an Einstein.

Could Nancy Grace be any more annoying than she is ? She is so full of herself, and if it wasn't for catching maybe a snippet of information about the trial I wouldn't even watch her. But when she starts being rude with one of her guests I can't hit the remote fast enough.

Don

Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,559,642 times
I think it's ridiculous to parallel this killing with the Casey Anthony Case. The absolutely horrific murder of Casey's own child, because it inconvenient to her social schedule, completely outweighs a killing involving two adults.
These two adults were entangled, knowingly, in a toxic relationship. Travis repeatedly stated concerns over Jodi's 'obsession', and expressed extreme fear of her. ALL Travis's close friends and roommates were aware of Jodi being 'off', and immediately accused her, when finding Travis dead.

If Jodi get's 2nd degree Murder conviction it's because the state failed to PROVE, beyond a reasonable doubt, the killing was completely pre-meditated.

There is a preponderance of evidence, it can be inferred it was completely pre planned, and reasonable, logical conclusions may be drawn, but gas cans are not PROOF. If fact, the previous boyfriend testified Jodi took full gas cans before with her camping.

The prosecution did prove she was a liar, but proving you kill a dog on Tuesday, does not prove you killed a horse on Thursday.

Jodi's getting 2nd. And it won't be that the jury is bonded to her. It will be a reasonable conclusion, weighing in all the facts.

Travis's family can sue Jodi in Civil Court and most likely would win with preponderance of evidence.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
It was totally premeditated and she will get first degree murder. I don't think the jury will need more than a few hours to deliberate. Anyone who doesn't think JM isn't going to get his conviction is taking crazy pills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime