Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 04:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Instead of dreaming and speculating; here is a long report just updated on June 17th: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...rlines/590653/.
Well, their map of the flight path explains why a fisherman on the west coast of north Indonesia saw a plane, I don't recall if it was burning or not (remember those reports of a burning plane over the South China Sea?), but his report was dismissed at the time.

What about the report from the Maldives, about a plane flying low overhead, that was said to be MH370?

Old 06-21-2019, 06:35 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, their map of the flight path explains why a fisherman on the west coast of north Indonesia saw a plane, I don't recall if it was burning or not (remember those reports of a burning plane over the South China Sea?), but his report was dismissed at the time.

What about the report from the Maldives, about a plane flying low overhead, that was said to be MH370?
There were so many reports coming it that it was hard to keep track of all of them. Remember the pictures of the jungle crash from Google 'Earth': https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ambodia-jungle.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:46 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Instead of dreaming and speculating; here is a long report just updated on June 17th: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...rlines/590653/.
Thanks for the article. It tells about the possible sighting by a gal named Kathryn Tee who uses Saucy Sailoress on a sailing forum Cruisers Forum. There are a few great posts on her blog; Saucy Sailoress blog - see the Category: MH370. Here is the main thread on Cruisers Forum, I Think I Saw MH370.

Kate, her husband Marc and another guy were sailing; at one point she believes she saw MH370 on fire. Unfortunately her hub and the other guy were sleeping. Marc sent in their GPS readings from when Kate believes she saw the plane. That's how they changed part of the route for MH370.

I was posting on her thread at Cruisers under Advocate. I also had Marc join us at Websleuths.

For anyone that has not read her blog or the thread, there is a lot of info in them. I read the article you linked to a few days ago, spent the day rereading the blog. Kate and Marc believe there was a Military plane as well as Navy ships that should have seen MH370.

She thinks it was shot down but I disagree with that because there should have been a lot of debris as well as bodies.

“I thought I saw MH370 on fire” says Phuket yachtie

Full report of interview about my sighting by Blaine Gibson.

Your article - What Really Happened to Malaysia’s Missing Airplane

Quote:
a British woman who blogs under the name of Saucy Sailoress and does Tarot readings for hire was vagabonding around southern Asia with her husband and dogs in an oceangoing sailboat. She says that on the night MH370 disappeared they were in the Andaman Sea, and she spotted what looked like a cruise missile coming at her. The missile morphed into a low-flying airplane with a well-lit cockpit, bathed in a strange orange glow and trailing smoke. As it flew by she concluded that it was on a suicide mission against a Chinese naval fleet farther out to sea. She did not yet know about the disappearance of MH370, but when, a few days later, she learned of it she drew what was to her the obvious connection. Implausible, perhaps, but she gained an audience.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for the article. It tells about the possible sighting by a gal named Kathryn Tee who uses Saucy Sailoress on a sailing forum Cruisers Forum. There are a few great posts on her blog; Saucy Sailoress blog - see the Category: MH370. Here is the main thread on Cruisers Forum, I Think I Saw MH370.

Kate, her husband Marc and another guy were sailing; at one point she believes she saw MH370 on fire. Unfortunately her hub and the other guy were sleeping. Marc sent in their GPS readings from when Kate believes she saw the plane. That's how they changed part of the route for MH370.

I was posting on her thread at Cruisers under Advocate. I also had Marc join us at Websleuths.

For anyone that has not read her blog or the thread, there is a lot of info in them. I read the article you linked to a few days ago, spent the day rereading the blog. Kate and Marc believe there was a Military plane as well as Navy ships that should have seen MH370.

She thinks it was shot down but I disagree with that because there should have been a lot of debris as well as bodies.

There are NUMEROUS UFO reports where witnesses claim the craft 'morphes' into different shapes, different types of aircraft.

Old 06-25-2019, 10:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are NUMEROUS UFO reports where witnesses claim the craft 'morphes' into different shapes, different types of aircraft.
So?

Old 06-25-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't call that sighting "implausible" at all. A number of people spotted a low-flying flaming plane in the area, and there was an official sighting of it passing over one of the islands off M's west coast, heading toward the Andaman Sea. Then there was a sighting by a fisherman off north Indonesia, also heading in the same direction. And another sighting of it passing over the Maldives. It all lines up. The only problem is, that the Maldives sighting doesn't fit the arc trajectory that the later satellite pings outlined.

There must have been other people in the area that saw it; freighters, people on sailboats and fishing boats, and so on. Thanks for posting that story.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Here is a good link to airplane accident statistics: Accident statistics. If you scroll halfway down the page you will see several accidents caused by cargo fires. It would be possible that the pallet of batteries started a fire. It would also be possible that all on board, including the captain, were overcome by the smoke and heat. In that scenario the captain could have turned his plane for an emergency landing and never survived to finish. He could have been trying to save the plane instead of killing himself and crew? But we would need further evidence to prove any speculation.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Here is a good link to airplane accident statistics: Accident statistics. If you scroll halfway down the page you will see several accidents caused by cargo fires. It would be possible that the pallet of batteries started a fire. It would also be possible that all on board, including the captain, were overcome by the smoke and heat. In that scenario the captain could have turned his plane for an emergency landing and never survived to finish. He could have been trying to save the plane instead of killing himself and crew? But we would need further evidence to prove any speculation.
"Emergency landing" was one of the scenarios theorized at first. I think it involved that island of the west coast of Malaysia. They thought he might be trying to make a landing on a strip there, IIRC. The fact that there were multiple sightings of a smoking, flaming plane lend some credibility to that scenario. IMO it makes a lot more sense than a suicidal pilot killing everyone on board via depressurization, then setting the controls to fly until out of fuel.

Good work, Agent Fisheye! I wonder why the final story presented to the public didn't factor in the flames that had been sighted by several people. Even someone in the South China Sea on a freighter (I think? freighter?) saw a plane on fire. Though you'd think that the Vietnamese would have noticed that and reported it. There are still some puzzle pieces that don't quite fit that scenario.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Emergency landing" was one of the scenarios theorized at first. I think it involved that island of the west coast of Malaysia. They thought he might be trying to make a landing on a strip there, IIRC. The fact that there were multiple sightings of a smoking, flaming plane lend some credibility to that scenario. IMO it makes a lot more sense than a suicidal pilot killing everyone on board via depressurization, then setting the controls to fly until out of fuel.

Good work, Agent Fisheye! I wonder why the final story presented to the public didn't factor in the flames that had been sighted by several people.
I am a retired truck driver and the truck driver is always at fault whenever there is a problem on the road. We are bigger, heavier, and uglier than any of the small vehicles around us. So we must always be in control of our weapons of mass destruction.

The same thing goes for an airplane pilot. They are in charge of the airplane and the easiest people to blame when things go wrong. Also it is cheaper to blame a pilot; than to accept responsibility for the way the plane was loaded or mechanical failure. It doesn't mean that the airline will not pay out; but the fact that they are not to 'blame' saves them a lot of money in the end game.

That said; we really do not know anything without more pieces of the puzzle.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:21 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
I am a retired truck driver and the truck driver is always at fault whenever there is a problem on the road. We are bigger, heavier, and uglier than any of the small vehicles around us. So we must always be in control of our weapons of mass destruction.

The same thing goes for an airplane pilot. They are in charge of the airplane and the easiest people to blame when things go wrong. Also it is cheaper to blame a pilot; than to accept responsibility for the way the plane was loaded or mechanical failure. It doesn't mean that the airline will not pay out; but the fact that they are not to 'blame' saves them a lot of money in the end game.

That said; we really do not know anything without more pieces of the puzzle.
True.

I think its important to keep in mind though, even when this first happened and the media was abuzz in trying to come up with plausible explanations...UFOs/mass alien abduction was actually one on the short list of 'possibilities'...its even stranger that they were acknowledging this as a possibility on the air ( I still remember when I first saw it on CNN, I couldnt believe a major media outlet was listing 'mass alien abduction' as one of the possibilities for a planes disappearance, that in itself, was pretty amazing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal