Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2011, 02:32 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times

Advertisements

It is real easy to get to. It's 100 feet off of route 100. It's just north of the best western there... there's a sign for something photography on the turn you make. Also they even have one of those green VT attraction signs pointing to it, at least going north bound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 05:58 PM

2,062 posts, read 3,962,187 times
Oh, okay, I know where that is, thanks! We'll definitely stop by when we come up!

Old 09-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Stopped by the cannery this afternoon...(didn't see a VT attraction sign for it southbound but I knew where it was based on what you had said)...speaking with the gentleman behind the counter he said that John is hoping to have the bar back up by Christmas, while Jen is thinking more like February. They have laid down the concrete and spray foam in the walls so I guess they are moving along.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM

986 posts, read 2,334,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
Stopped by the cannery this afternoon...(didn't see a VT attraction sign for it southbound but I knew where it was based on what you had said)...speaking with the gentleman behind the counter he said that John is hoping to have the bar back up by Christmas, while Jen is thinking more like February. They have laid down the concrete and spray foam in the walls so I guess they are moving along.
I was in there last week. The guy was telling people February. That seems more reasonable than December, but I haven't seen just how bad the damage was.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:40 AM

Yeah, I think John is being really optimistic, but who knows...it would be great to see December though!

Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 PM

130 posts, read 279,083 times
Was at the cannery today. Heaving with people and lots of cans in stock.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:37 PM

1,475 posts, read 4,142,736 times
Got my first 4 pack of Heady Topper at Bev Warehouse in Winooski last Friday. Very good, and I'm not a real hops freak. I found it MUCH better out of the glass than the can.

Do they sell it warm at the cannery? I know it's unpasteurized and supposed to be kept cold, but I'm thinking about mailing some to a couple of hops freaks in upstate NY.

I realize it's against the law. I'm willing to roll the dice.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM

986 posts, read 2,334,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Got my first 4 pack of Heady Topper at Bev Warehouse in Winooski last Friday. Very good, and I'm not a real hops freak. I found it MUCH better out of the glass than the can.

Do they sell it warm at the cannery? I know it's unpasteurized and supposed to be kept cold, but I'm thinking about mailing some to a couple of hops freaks in upstate NY.

I realize it's against the law. I'm willing to roll the dice.
When I was at the cannery, all the cans were refrigerated. However, it's not going to harm the beer if it goes from being cold to being warm to being cold again. If you're worried about it getting warm, wrap it in a tshirt or something to insulate it a bit (it'll also muffle the sound of the liquid sloshing around). If you're worried about condensation, let it come to room temp overnight and dry off the cans.

BTW- Don't ship it USPS. Send it UPS, FedEx, or DHL. They're less likely to care what's inside the box.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 PM

I liked it too! I didn't try drinking it out of a glass haha... He seems so adamant about drinking it out of the can!

I also had a rock Art hop harvest... liked this one a lot as well.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:55 AM

I have the feeling the Lawson's got their 7 barrel brewery set up. I went into Warren store today and they changed the limit from 2 to 4 beers... AND they had a bunch in stock on a tuesday. Also they are selling at Hunger Mountain in Montpelier now too.

I should have bought that... it's his original IPA but i still have a hard time getting over 8-9 bucks for a 22oz bottle.
wonder if the new bigger brewery will bring the price down or will we see lawson's beer sitting instead of selling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont