Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I am comparing the whole scenario. Women complain that their man didn’t spend thousands of dollars on the metal on her finger, yet, these women don’t spend a nickel on a man be it an engagement gift or whatever. Women are not necessarily known for spending money on men so guess who’s cheap in the relationship.
Ain't that the truth. Why is everything so lopsided? Women earn as much as men, and in many cases MORE then men, but yet, they still don't spend any money on men in the way that men spend money on women.

And the truth is, most guys don't even ask for a lot outside of sex, so it's not really that hard to even please us in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Greedy, materialistic chick here...and I wanted a big rock. (to some it's big, to others it's small. It just depends on who you ask. )

And where is all this 3 months nonsense coming from??? I've heard two used as a bench mark by marketing campaigns, but never three.
Time for you to UPGRADE!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:59 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
I would spend what ever it took to make her happy and keep the future mother in law off my back.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
$0
Well, that makes sense since you don't ever want to get married, right? Plus, I'm already off the market so there really isn't anyone else worth it - right?

Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Plus, I'm already off the market so there really isn't anyone else worth it - right?
Yes baby, you're right. Nobody even comes CLOSE to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, that makes sense since you don't ever want to get married, right?
Well, even if I did want to get married, I would want a ring passed down from the family (for free) like the old days. It just means more then going to a big box store and picking out a generic ring with no history.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM

758 posts, read 1,236,054 times
I paid $50,000 for her ring which is my entire savings, I love her and she wanted the most expensive ring so I got to make her happy and she is! Happy fiancee=Happy life!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Only if the man ends up marrying the girl who he spent his money on, right? What holds women spending money on men they are not married to? Doesn't that make women cheap?
I'm sorry, I'm not following. Are you asking about a woman who accepts an engagement ring, doesn't end up marrying the man, and then keeps the ring?

Alternately, if you are trying to rehash the debate about who should pay for casual dates, you already know my feelings about that. Regardless, I don't equate a gift made to the woman you officially plan to marry with who pays for pizza on the second date. I understand that some people have that tit-for-tat mentality, though.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times
I bought onion rings and proposed sex one time.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:33 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm sorry, I'm not following. Are you asking about a woman who accepts an engagement ring, doesn't end up marrying the man, and then keeps the ring?
No. That a man will spend money on a women regardless of them being married or not, women in the other hand simply won’t. Women are just not known for spending money on men. Ok, there are exceptions of course. So why do women say that if a man doesn’t spend thousands on their ring and even put a price limit on how low a guy can go, he is considered cheap. But women are not considered cheap for not spending money on men.

Quote:
Regardless, I don't equate a gift made to the woman you officially plan to marry with who pays for pizza on the second date.
How about women putting price limits, size limits, etc.? Interesting how women can put so much focus on the ring instead of the marriage. Some posters here have even admitted to dumping the guy if they didn’t get a ring.

Quote:
I understand that some people have that tit-for-tat mentality, though.
I understand American women have a gender entitlement mentality.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Only if the man ends up marrying the girl who he spent his money on, right? What holds women spending money on men they are not married to? Doesn't that make women cheap?
I spent money on my husband when we were dating. We were both in HS and college while dating, we didn't have a ton of money and we generally split the costs of our dates once we were serious.

In the beginning it was more just "hanging out". We'd get an italian ice, drive down to the docks and take a walk or something similarly as cheap like go to the driving range or head over to the arboretum.

Isn't the whole point about getting to know the person? I was always more myself and more comfortable when I wasn't wondering if I had parsley in my teeth from the 5-star restaurant. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings