Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2022, 09:53 PM

7,059 posts, read 6,326,497 times

Advertisements

Just watching the news
Please pray for Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 02:55 PM

Finally almost finished. Everything except butane, bathroom stuff, pills, cat box and immediate food and water and my mattress and bedding are in the car. Well, not quite everything yet. My packing cubes with my clothes aren't in yet. I was waiting until the cat tree was in and I'll stuff them in around it.

After that I'm going to take a shower and get ready for tomorrow.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:40 PM

The shower felt good.

I received the update from my health insurance for next year. My premium was raised $10 per month to $97. All copays are raised and hospital stays will go from $150 to $250.

I had an opportunity to take a lower rate but chose the higher rate for more coverage. Good thing I did because of all that's happened. Hopefully I won't end up in the hospital again but realistically, $150 of that huge bill was not bad
And prescriptions are free with my coverage, unless they are not in the formulary, then they are $10, even for a 90 day fill.

We also get $40 in products from CVS per quarter. That's been raised to $50 per quarter. A lot of times they're out of the product but you can back order it. This has actually saved me quite a bit of money and I have been able to stock up on things.

Well, time to finish up loading the car. I want to get an early start in the morning.

Old 09-26-2022, 03:44 PM

4,691 posts, read 3,040,128 times
A journey of a thousand miles begins with.... packing the car.

Old 09-26-2022, 04:19 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,953,574 times
Yay! it must feel great to finally be able to leave, and leave on your terms and not just throw everything in the car and deal with it later!

Old 09-26-2022, 05:18 PM

I have to chuckle because I know there are things I will end up shoving in something. I have 3 packing cubes that aren't quite full and I'm eyeing them, thinking, there must be something I can fit in you.

That's the hard part of traveling. I know that once I get where I'm going I can set up the tents, even if it's only two weeks, as it will be in Pahrump. But, until I get there, the car is crammed.

My brother helped me with putting things in the rooftop carrier and he asked, are you sure you can get things out? I told him, people are willing to help in the nomad community. Also, I'm going to buy a small folding step stool to reach things.

And the things I put in, tents, a chair, etc. should be easy to grab. I took people's advice and didn't put anything in that I couldn't afford to lose. The new tent was pricey but still could be replaced. The chair was pretty inexpensive and everything else is replaceable if needed.
The important things, my medication, clothes, food, would be hard, or impossible like medications. They have to go in the car.

I am so ready to hit the road.

Old 09-26-2022, 05:31 PM

I have to chuckle because I know there are things I will end up shoving in something. I have 3 packing cubes that aren't quite full and I'm eyeing them, thinking, there must be something I can fit in you.

That's the hard part of traveling. I know that once I get where I'm going I can set up the tents, even if it's only two weeks, as it will be in Pahrump. But, until I get there, the car is crammed.

My brother helped me with putting things in the rooftop carrier and he asked, are you sure you can get things out? I told him, people are willing to help in the nomad community. Also, I'm going to buy a small folding step stool to reach things.

And the things I put in, tents, a chair, etc. should be easy to grab. I took people's advice and didn't put anything in that I couldn't afford to lose. The new tent was pricey but still could be replaced. The chair was pretty inexpensive and everything else is replaceable if needed.
The important things, my medication, clothes, food, would be hard, or impossible like medications. They have to go in the car.

I did forget to add a couple of things. Right now the right side of the car is packed and Marigold couldn't even get to it.
That's because until I get the trifold mattress in and the bedding, it has to be that way.
I was going to put it in and sleep in the chair but that's too uncomfortable.

The neat thing about that mattress is that it folds up nicely. And the blankets will be a cushy place for Marigold.

Then I'll put some of the front seat things around the mattress/blankets. If it works out as well as the storage in Marigolds cat tree, it will be swell. Fingers crossed.

Also, I mentioned clothing as being important not to lose. That's because I've got it down as to what I need for the coming months. Yes, I could buy more but I don't want to. Thus, they're important not to lose.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:56 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,040,128 times
Is today the big day, Meo?

Old 09-27-2022, 09:37 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,953,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

That's the thing I hard a difficult time with when traveling. The car would get so full when not camping. Another thing I had trouble with is leaving things behind in Quartzsite while running into town. I just didn't trust things would still be there. And there was good reason for that. I think a lot of reason people don't camp as much on the way to Skadden is the entrance is walkable from town and there are transients there. The camp host can't watch 24/7. I did trust camping near a caravan down near Yuma, though. They were good people.

I carried a folding step stool too. Worth the room it takes up, as I used a carrier on top as well.

Old 09-27-2022, 04:02 PM

Yeah it can get crowded. I got most things in but I forgot my pillow! Walmart here I come.

I got as far as outside ,Mandan, North Dakota. I'd planned on
going to the campground but realized I would get there just before dark and leave as soon as it was light.

So I stopped at a rest stop and they said it was okay to stay the night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Camping and RVing