Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 09:31 PM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Thanks for the fun contest, OP!
Of Course!!! So Happy that you are enjoying it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
How did NJ survive this long?
New Jersey is one of my favorite states. It really is the one state where you can experience the true Green, Agriculture, Farming, and Fresh Fruits and Vegetables. California has the fresh fruits and vegetables as well, but NJ truly is a great state.

With that say, I am very sad because NJ is probably out now and is losing by a lot, most likely too much of a deficit to comeback I feel most people really think of NJ as a dump and are totally unaware of the truly great things the state has to offer. It's really sad. I LOVE that state.

Old 07-13-2020, 10:13 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,549 times
California vs Alaska California is just so much more diverse in people and climate. I don't mind the cold, but not Alaska cold.

Hawaii vs North Carolina I lived in Hawaii for a short bit and been through NC a few times. The only thing I didn't like about HI was the distance from the mainland and isolation.

New York vs Washington NY might not have the scenery of WA, but WA has nothing compared to NYC

Pennsylvania vs Colorado Colorado seems nice, but I prefer PA. More diverse climate and loser to the East Coast.

Texas vs Massachusetts I'm a M******* born and raised. I'm sure TX is nice, but I'd rather be in MA

Ohio vs Michigan MI seems to have better scenery.

Florida vs Arizona I don't like deserts.

Oregon vs New Jersey NJ has public transit and dense cities. Oregon is beautiful, but I prefer NJ's location.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:00 AM

1,049 posts, read 653,022 times
California vs Alaska

Hawaii vs North Carolina

New York vs Washington

Pennsylvania vs Colorado

Texas vs Massachusetts

Ohio vs Michigan

Florida vs Arizona

Oregon vs New Jersey

Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 AM

240 posts, read 129,687 times
California vs Alaska

Hawaii vs North Carolina

New York vs Washington

Pennsylvania vs Colorado

Texas vs Massachusetts

Ohio vs Michigan

Florida vs Arizona

Oregon vs New Jersey

Old 07-14-2020, 09:57 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
California vs Alaska

Hawaii vs North Carolina

New York vs Washington

Pennsylvania vs Colorado

Texas vs Massachusetts

Ohio vs Michigan

Florida vs Arizona

Oregon vs New Jersey

Old 07-14-2020, 12:21 PM

801 posts, read 1,512,891 times
California vs Alaska

Hawaii vs North Carolina

New York vs Washington

Pennsylvania vs Colorado

Texas vs Massachusetts

Ohio vs Michigan

Florida vs Arizona

Oregon vs New Jersey

Old 07-14-2020, 01:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,615,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
New Jersey is one of my favorite states. It really is the one state where you can experience the true Green, Agriculture, Farming, and Fresh Fruits and Vegetables. California has the fresh fruits and vegetables as well, but NJ truly is a great state.

With that say, I am very sad because NJ is probably out now and is losing by a lot, most likely too much of a deficit to comeback I feel most people really think of NJ as a dump and are totally unaware of the truly great things the state has to offer. It's really sad. I LOVE that state.
To me, NJ looks somewhat bad on paper, but once you experience it, you find it's actually a really great place. It's just expensive likely thanks to NYC and Philadelphia, and probably because of those cities it lacks any really good big cities, though it's not as bad as Connecticut.

California vs Alaska

Hawaii vs North Carolina

New York vs Washington

Pennsylvania vs Colorado

Texas vs Massachusetts

Ohio vs Michigan

Florida vs Arizona

Oregon vs New Jersey

Old 07-14-2020, 04:20 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
California vs Alaska - as much as I hate the high cost of living and high taxes, I just can't deal with the coldness of Alaska!

Hawaii vs North Carolina - my second home still wins out.

New York vs Washington - New York will always have a special place in my heart, but I don't think I'll ever live there again full time. The cost of living in my hometown of NYC is too high and I don't think I'd live anywhere else in the state.

Pennsylvania vs Colorado - better scenery.

Texas vs Massachusetts - it's Texas. Need I say more?

Ohio vs Michigan - I've lived in Michigan for three summers and absolutely love the beauty of northern Michigan.

Florida vs Arizona - dryer heat from what I hear would win out for me.

Oregon vs New Jersey - milder weather would win out for me.

Old 07-15-2020, 01:12 PM

WOW, Pennsylvania vs Colorado is still very tight. Hawaii as literally turned the ties around. Massachusetts is still not out of the race yet. Will be very interesting to see what happens within the next few days prior to deadline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City