Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2016, 11:18 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,277,900 times

Advertisements

This post from weather forum matches nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unobtainium View Post
Southeast Michigan is definitely peaking. Beautiful colors right now around Ann Arbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 05:56 PM

10,072 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Ok guys, let me get my composure.

*Breathing in*

*Breathing out*

I was driving down Summer Street in Stamford and glimpsed at a large old maple tree. Oh my God!!!! Some of the leaves have the orange/red tint coming out. Is this tree kidding?!! Please tell me this is only a nightmare and I will wake up soon. Fall in July!!! First a couple of cold days (yes, for this time of the year those 60's are down right cold!) and now this!!!

I also noticed that one of my neighbors bought a couple of Foxtail palms and put them in their backyard. That did got my blood pressure down. Stupid maple tree!!!!

Connecticut, you can do as you wish during the rest of the year, but don't mess with my Summer!!! No cold air and definitely no leaves changing colors in July!! Please!!!!

Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 PM

442 posts, read 455,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Ok guys, let me get my composure.

*Breathing in*

*Breathing out*

I was driving down Summer Street in Stamford and glimpsed at a large old maple tree. Oh my God!!!! Some of the leaves have the orange/red tint coming out. Is this tree kidding?!! Please tell me this is only a nightmare and I will wake up soon. Fall in July!!! First a couple of cold days (yes, for this time of the year those 60's are down right cold!) and now this!!!

I also noticed that one of my neighbors bought a couple of Foxtail palms and put them in their backyard. That did got my blood pressure down. Stupid maple tree!!!!

Connecticut, you can do as you wish during the rest of the year, but don't mess with my Summer!!! No cold air and definitely no leaves changing colors in July!! Please!!!!
Here in northern Connecticut, leaves start to change mid to late July. Just start. It has nothing to do with two days of below average temps and everything to do with less daylight starting in June.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:42 AM

Here we go with the annual debate. OF COURSE WEATHER plays a role in leaf changing. Not just about sunlight.

Although I am hesitant to say the ones you saw in Stamford is "the start". Understand we barely got 3-4 straight days without any precip since March. It's happened like 6 times only. So its been cloudy. It's been wet. And now it's been cool.

Being that its July I am going to say that is stress. And I'm usually the one who hates uses that term. Technically it is "the start" of them changing but trees haven't had the best conditions past 2 yrs between the drought last year and the rains/clouds this year.

If we can continue these cool days in August we'll start to see more and more change. Typically don't see the start of it until end of August. So it's a bit too soon now. Way too soon.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:48 AM

BTW - Thanks for bringing this thread up again. I hope more can contribute when time comes!

I saw this 2 weeks ago. The yellow leaves and on the ground caught my eye from this 1 tree. I believe its a Birch

Yesterday I drove by and noticed the leaves are crumbling now. Stress. If it was end of August or mid August OR others were changing, then I wouldn't call it stress.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:34 AM

845 posts, read 680,031 times
Seeing this thread gave me a heart attack. Leave my summer alone darn it.

Old 08-29-2017, 03:59 PM

And it begins..

Stamford, CT this August 29th evening.. 62°F

The more we get these cool days and nights, the more we'll see the changes happening. And given the fact that there's practically no 80s in sight we should start to see a faster progression out there.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:39 PM

504 posts, read 384,777 times
It seems like August has cooled down very quickly... I'm not complaining. I love the cool crisp nights.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,560,349 times
I've already seen a speck of color near the Berlin Turnpike (US 5/CT 15) in Newington/Berlin. A good place to check is on the hill, up from Stew Leonard's (across from the Eversource HQs). If you face south, you can see both Higby Mountain in Middletown/Middlefield to the south-southeast and some of the Metacomet Ridge line to the west and southwest in Plainville/Southington.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:09 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
I wonder if we're in for a hard winter considering this cool and rainy summer. (which I loved.)

Driving around the Farmington Valley yesterday, burning bush is starting to turn red and the edges of some trees were slightly tinged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut