Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 03:55 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
What?
You know, the "social contract." The concept of positive government doing good things by way of serving the people. This idea started with Socrates the Greek philosopher.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
Please don't ruin Mr. Nifty's trip. He'll be back down in this meek and miserable existence with the rest of us soon enough.
Have you never heard of John Locke? The French Revolution? Jean-Jacques Rousseau? Immanuel Kant? The American Enlightenment? Thomas Jefferson? James Madison?
All these people and events are part of a long developing social contract between the people and their government and they go all the way back to Socrates in ancient Greece.
Now, please, fill me in on all those wonderful events that happened over there in the Eastern Hemisphere?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM

687 posts, read 1,577,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Have you never heard of John Locke? The French Revolution? Jean-Jacques Rousseau? Immanuel Kant? The American Enlightenment? Thomas Jefferson? James Madison?
All these people and events are part of a long developing social contract between the people and their government and they go all the way back to Socrates in ancient Greece.
Now, please, fill me in on all those wonderful events that happened over there in the Eastern Hemisphere?
I'm very aware of all of the names and events you mention--and they go a lot futher back than Socrates. Think, for example, Hammurabi and the Babylonians (*gasp* Eastern culture *gasp*) some 1500 years before Socrates was even born. The question in my mind is why in the world you've taken this thread about Dallas and Mexico City into a personal diatribe against Eastern cultures and civilization.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
You came to the United States to live on vacation.
I was born here, and so was my father (In New Jersey/New York City). Just because I'm Asian doesn't mean that I came here after birth to "vacation". So save the little sap story for someone else.

Quote:
You haven't even scratched the surface in regards to what it means to be an American.
Oh really and I guess sitting here depicting how Dallas-Fort Worth isn't turning more Hispanic and having all these revolutionary ideas to segregate a city makes you an American, huh?

Quote:
An American Patriot was someone willing to live in the shambles as they understood clearly how, in victory, our nation would be cut off from the world's economy. Of course, the American Loyalists siding with the British viewed matters in terms of money.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOL LOL LOL, you're so stuck on the past and your own little bubble of what the "real world" is like that you don't even know what you're talking about.

Look, this is 2010, the Global Economy means you need to learn to deal with the fact that people of these countries you have so much against will control larger profit shares.

Quote:
What do the statistics you presented have to do with the Dallas - Fort Worth area being the most dynamic growing economy in the United States for the last, what, twenty years?
These statistics show that you're inaccurate, Dallas-Fort Worth is 3 million people smaller than Chicago. Overtake Chicago, isn't that what you said? Lets stick to the here and now first and improve our transit and infrastructure first before we look to pass up Chicago.
The statistics also show how Dallas-Fort Worth economically has a long way to go from what you're describing. And no it doesn't have the best economy in the country among the largest cities, it has one of the best but not the best. That honor goes to Washington DC.

Quote:
Real progress comes from the people advancing the social contract they have with the governments ruling over them. Martin Luther King went to India to research Gandhi in an attempt to find an alternate solution in Eastern Civilization to the established social contract existing in Western Civilization. The problem? Well, no such social contract ever developed in Eastern Civilization.
What the? Where on Earth were you during the Vietnam War? The Korean War? The Indian Independence? The reason India & Pakistan separated was due to British partition, they wanted to give Indian Muslims a nation of their own so that way they could take India back. In the end it resulted in peace between the two countries despite some tensions existing even today, its mostly simmered down.

Quote:
Simply put, outside of the Almighty Himself, the world hasn't seen another figure approaching the greatness of Plato.
If the world is to improve, then it is going to have to progress beyond what has been established in the United States during the time of the American Enlightenment.
There is something seriously skewed with your thought process.

Quote:
The amount of money one produces has nothing to do with the social contract the people have with the governments ruling over them.
So, tell me, how does the present social contract exist and how has it progressed since the time of our Founding Fathers and the declaration they made when divorcing our nation out from under tyranny?
Yes it still exists, for better to answer your question is does and did even after the establishment of this country. The Bear Flag Republic, the Republic of Texas, Womens Suffrage, Equal Rights, The Industrial Era, the Colonization of Cuba & Philippines, the Displacement of Naive Americans, all of these things have proven true where the US Government and Authority have been challenged and have been mended to better fit a mixed and prosperous American Society, more people gained rights, jobs, and pursuit of happiness.

I'm sorry that bugs you, but heres a thought, Dallas-Fort Worth will continue to become more diverse, the Anglo White American Population will soon become a minority, by 2015 DFW will have become a Minority-Majority Metropolitan Area like the way Miami, Houston, & Los Angeles already are.

And want to know the sad reality about it Nifty? There is nothing on Earth you can do to prevent it from happening. Tampering with it will make DFW weaker as an economic engine, and it will stagnate, but why am I saying this, you don't have the authority to do anything about it either way. LOL

Old 10-06-2010, 04:27 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
You know, the "social contract." The concept of positive government doing good things by way of serving the people. This idea started with Socrates the Greek philosopher.
What does this have to do with Dallas, Mexico City, or anything else?

Just face reality. DFW is becoming more Hispanic at an exponential rate and it is not slowing down.

If you can come to terms with that, youll be ok. If you want to be around only white people, there are still a couple areas of DFW you can do it. For most of DFW, that will be impossible.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:37 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Danny View Post
I'm sorry that bugs you, but heres a thought, Dallas-Fort Worth will continue to become more diverse, the Anglo White American Population will soon become a minority, by 2015 DFW will have become a Minority-Majority Metropolitan Area like the way Miami, Houston, & Los Angeles already are.
Actually 2011 is when they are saying DFW will be officially minority majority. By 2012, DFW is supposed to be 48% white.

The funny thing is that the Dallas side of the Metroplex is already minority majority. It is currently 48% white. The Fort Worth side of the Metroplex is 58% white.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm214 View Post
I'm very aware of all of the names and events you mention--and they go a lot futher back than Socrates. Think, for example, Hammurabi and the Babylonians (*gasp* Eastern culture *gasp*) some 1500 years before Socrates was even born. The question in my mind is why in the world you've taken this thread about Dallas and Mexico City into a personal diatribe against Eastern cultures and civilization.
Oh for cripes sake. Hammurbui and the Babylonians? See, you are in here arguing about the quality of life of different cities and you don't even understand the long standing social contract. Please, cut the sophistication and tell me how the world's social contract has been advanced beyond the American Enlightenment? If you say Civil Rights and Martin Luther King, you are wrong. That was an American Movement.
See, it really doesn't matter if a city in a tyranny outside of the United States has lots of money or not.
Please, read Plato's dialogue entitled "Meno." Prior to Socrates, it was believed by those in the leisure class that the minds of slaves couldn't advance. The only type of teachers prior to Socrates were the kinds of trainers who taught the children of the ruling elite how to take their rightful places of their parents after they perished.
Socrates believed in something called "recollection" that all souls reduced to one primary Soul so they understood everything there was to know before they were born. It was only after those souls suffered greatly during the trauma of birth that they lost knowledge. As Socrates' own mother was a serving mid-wife to the poor, he likewise considered himself a mid-wife philosopher (teacher) to the poor helping them "recollect" knowledge they had lost during their birth.
Socrates showed clearly in Meno how a slave's mind could learn on its own when he "served" it as a mid-wife philosopher.
Aristotle went on to fall away from this belief as he would later be employed to train Alexander the Great.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
What does this have to do with Dallas, Mexico City, or anything else?

Just face reality. DFW is becoming more Hispanic at an exponential rate and it is not slowing down.

If you can come to terms with that, youll be ok. If you want to be around only white people, there are still a couple areas of DFW you can do it. For most of DFW, that will be impossible.
I'm just exposing you as a sophisticate. No offense, but you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. As an American, do you even understand the differences that existed between Patriots and a Loyalists? The Patriots understood how fighting with Britain would cut off the American Colonies from world trade. The colony of New York was a big loser in the Revolutionary war as it was greatly populated by Loyalists siding with Britain.
Like I said, you are on vacation. Enjoy yourself. But please, don't come in here pretending to know something just because you have a few bucks in your pocket and can afford to travel.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 PM

687 posts, read 1,577,944 times
Quote:
Oh for cripes sake. Hammurbui and the Babylonians? See, you are in here arguing about the quality of life of different cities and you don't even understand the long standing social contract.
Did they not cover this in the Wikipedia entry for Socrates? Sorry, Mr. Nifty. Maybe if you actually studied earlier cultures and philosophies you would see the philosophies from where Socrates and Plato got a lot of their ideas.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 PM

Default I'm just getting Texans to entertain the idea of a mass migration in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Actually 2011 is when they are saying DFW will be officially minority majority. By 2012, DFW is supposed to be 48% white.

The funny thing is that the Dallas side of the Metroplex is already minority majority. It is currently 48% white. The Fort Worth side of the Metroplex is 58% white.
I do think a mass migration will be happening in the not to distant future because of what you say. As Anglos will prefer to move north towards their culture, Hispanics will prefer to move south towards theirs. I was just suggesting that the Houston and San Antonio areas be designated official Spanish speaking to quicken this migration.
See, if this does happen, then the amount of Anglos will increase in DFW while the number of Hispanics will decrease. There will always be some mixture of the two cultures, indeed.
Because Spanish does not translate well into English, the idea is to keep The Declaration of Independence and The U.S. Constitution in English. Of course, this means making English the dominate language. If that means fighting a war in the future to make it so, well, then I'm ready to give my life for the cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas