Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:37 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I understand that...and have no issue with it. I’ve just never seen another politician engage in a PDA during a rally or any other time to be honest. Why? Isn’t people knowing that they’re married enough?
When I used to try and wear a really short skirt.. my mom would say... people know you’re a girl, you don’t have to prove it.

Obama at his inauguration

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset...503503f9a.jpeg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 08:11 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Yeah and he will like stay an unknown in MSM. They won't vet anyone of the left.

I wonder if Creep uncle Joe is getting cold feet with the Bootyjudge sneaking up on him.

Hands on shoulders sniffing Joes hair or is that a hair.
Soon he will be planting the lips on the bald spot.
Netflix will probably make a movie about it.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:29 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
WaldoKitty's enthusiasm for this guy only serves to show even more why I'm not thrilled with the prospect of this guy as president.

The last thing we need would be to have yet another president whom WaldoKitty is speaking about in orgasmic, cultish tones.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
WaldoKitty's enthusiasm for this guy only serves to show even more why I'm not thrilled with the prospect of this guy as president.

The last thing we need would be to have yet another president whom WaldoKitty is speaking about in orgasmic, cultish tones.

I know I have my groupies.

If you are so excitable that you can't think for yourself about a President, and instead let someone like me influence it to the extent that you state, then I'd say you ought to go and seek out some help. Or maybe some yoga & meditation, and less Internet.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:01 AM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I know I have my groupies.

If you are so excitable that you can't think for yourself about a President, and instead let someone like me influence it to the extent that you state, then I'd say you ought to go and seek out some help. Or maybe some yoga & meditation, and less Internet.
I don't think you understood what I said.

It is YOU who are getting overly excited about politicians.

Anybody who speaks about any politician in the kind of orgasmic tones that you do (whether Trump or this guy) is the one who needs to get off the internet and do more yoga and meditation. Speaking about somebody you don't even personally know in such loving, gushing and defensive terms is a sign one is susceptible to political cults. I simply find it distasteful (and sad) to see people gushing so overflowingly over somebody they don't personally know.

It's OK to 'like' and 'admire' a politician. As soon as you start acting like you 'love' a politician, then something's wrong.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I don't think you understood what I said.

It is YOU .......
Everything I need to understand. Every star has their groupies.

This is a discussion forum son. If you can't handle it then move on.

I do find it amazing that Pete B. has risen so fast in the polls in less than a month. Biden in comparison, can't even figure out how to even announce.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:15 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,826,279 times
Flavor of the month.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:20 AM

5,900 posts, read 3,903,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah and he will like stay an unknown in MSM. They won't vet anyone of the left.
Unknown? Have you actually listened to the guy speak? He's all over the MSM and FOX NEWS has already started attacking him.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:46 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I do find it amazing that Pete B. has risen so fast in the polls in less than a month. Biden in comparison, can't even figure out how to even announce.
Would be interested to know where the money flowing into his campaign is coming from.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:00 AM

8,502 posts, read 8,805,720 times
One summary

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...l-fundraising/

Buttigieg has maybe the 4th highest share of money from big donors in general and 6th highest total from big donors.

Previous reports were he had the 2nd most support from previous specific tracked big Clinton and Obama donors to Harris.

New reports say Hollywood is starting to help Buttigieg raise money.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/17/pete...-campaign.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...a-list-1203864

Washington lobbyists are jumping in too. https://www.rollcall.com/news/campai...pete-buttigieg

As a Mayoral candidate he got fairly sizeable contributions from big businesses. https://publicintegrity.org/federal-...ent-candidate/

Mandy Moore and the son of Fox News mogul Rupert Murdoch have contributed https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...d00225d7368513

Last edited by NW Crow; 04-23-2019 at 10:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections