Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Boot cut jeans are practical. Ever try to pull straight leg/skinny jeans over your cowboy boots? Impossible.

If the shaft is short it looks really dumb when they're tucked inside.
Why in the world would you put your boots on before your jeans????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Why in the world would you put your boots on before your jeans????
You don't - you pull the jeans legs down OVER the boots

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,920 times
I don't really care. Skinny jeans don't compliment me.

Just because something is "in", doesn't mean it looks good on you. I see people walking around in trendy clothing all the time and it just doesn't work to their advantage. It's really about what suits your body, personality, coloring, etc. the best.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
You don't - you pull the jeans legs down OVER the boots
That sure isnt what it sounded like.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 PM

221 posts, read 799,220 times
Can you post a pic of what you call boot cut? Boot cut and flares will never go out of style or should I say I personally could give 2 craps what some fashionista writing for whatever magazine thinks. I guess straight leg high waisted "mom jeans" or skinny jeans which show every bulge and make thin legs look even thinner or big legs look like a pig stuffed in a blanket..those look better. I would not be caught DEAD in a pair of skinny jeans. The only pants I will wear that are tight on the bottom are leggings..

Old 09-08-2010, 12:14 AM

542 posts, read 1,479,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
If you don't like them don't wear them. Stop worrying about what other people are doing and wearing. It's none of your effing business anyway.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:16 AM

542 posts, read 1,479,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What a dumb thing to get annoyed about.

You said it best!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:19 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
I'm sorry but it is the truth! I'm starting to get really annoyed by people constantly wearing these hideous things. They make your thighs look terrible; hugs you in all the wrong places. Blah! I have no issues with straight leg jeans or skinnies, I don't even mind pants that completely flare out. But please, please, stay away from boot cut jeans. I don't know why stores constantly market them to Americans. If you go to Europe you won't see them any where and would not be caught dead in them. It is not 1995 anymore! They are so unflattering on both men and women and are never stylish. Does anyone else agree? I know a lot of you seem to just be ga-ga over them and I'm not interested in you unless you have a valid argument how they make you look good. It is like people want their bodies to look like triangles. You might as well put on a skin tight shirt and put your hair up in one thin long point to accentuate that look.
this is an old thread but ...
meh I don't follow fashion trends anyway.
I don't wear boot-cut either. Not because its not in fashion but because they don't suit me.

Doesn't worry me if other people do.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Skinny jeans make my bottom half look like an upside-down triangle, because I have hips. They look ridiculous on me, or they would if I ever put them on. I know my body and what shapes look good on me. Bootcut styles balance me out. I'm wearing a pair right now.

If you look good in skinnies, good for you! I won't, and I'm not wearing them.
Me too, Julia. I like skinny jeans on others. My hips look huge in them. My mirror will not lie to me. I'm in between bootcut and skinny.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:21 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
You honestly sound like a brat. Such a fashionista. Hate to say it, but people that follow fashion that close are ridiculous. Unless you are in the industry, I laugh at the girls and guys that follow the newest trends to a T, and then have no money or go into debt over it. I know plenty and they never realize how ridiculous they look and how silly it sounds to make judgements (like it seems you do) based on someones clothing.

For the record I'm wearing skinny jeans, I hope you think I'm cool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty