Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 04:10 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Yeah new minor league ballparks tend to serve as catalysts for significantly more development in an urban core when they are among the first anchors in the redevelopment of a downtown area.
so what do you think the performing arts center will do?

Greensboro is already becoming alot more attractive for newer white collar jobs, as evidenced by centric brands wanting to bring several hundred high paying jobs to downtown.

Hopefully this also gets the south elm mixeduse residential project moving quicker.

Seems like greensboro is finally leaping forwards instead of just moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,230,579 times
Hyatt place in downtown Greensboro will welcome its first guests March 15th and there are over 20 events already booked. Carroll will also make a major announcement about his other mixed-use planned development next to the parking deck the city is building diagonally across the street from Hyatt Place south of the ballpark in 30 days.

https://myfox8.com/2019/03/05/new-do...ting-march-15/

Old 03-06-2019, 04:33 PM

37,892 posts, read 41,998,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
so what do you think the performing arts center will do?

Greensboro is already becoming alot more attractive for newer white collar jobs, as evidenced by centric brands wanting to bring several hundred high paying jobs to downtown.

Hopefully this also gets the south elm mixeduse residential project moving quicker.

Seems like greensboro is finally leaping forwards instead of just moving.
The performing arts center will have a similar effect.

I think Greensboro has done a great job in recent years of constructing anchors in its redevelopment of downtown--Center City and LeBauer parks, the ballpark, and the PAC--and locating them close enough to each other to develop an urban synergy which is beginning to pay off in terms of new construction. Downtown Greenville followed a similar formula with Falls Park, the Peace Center, and Fluor Field and it has certainly reaped the benefits.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:13 AM

Pay wall. But it looks like the developer building the mixed-use project at Union Square University campus is tweaking his plan and adding more apartments along with row homes that will border the southern Greenway loop

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad&#6..._news_headline

Old 03-07-2019, 02:16 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times
"Plans for the the multi-use building have yet to be finalized, Rhodes said. But the building will include 8,000 square feet of first-floor retail fronting South Elm and Gate City, with office space on three floors tentatively planned to total 46,235 square feet. A quarter-acre courtyard will separate the retail from the six floors of apartments. A parking structure will be built underneath the building."

I'm having a hard time parsing this exactly, but that sounds larger than I was expecting.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
"Plans for the the multi-use building have yet to be finalized, Rhodes said. But the building will include 8,000 square feet of first-floor retail fronting South Elm and Gate City, with office space on three floors tentatively planned to total 46,235 square feet. A quarter-acre courtyard will separate the retail from the six floors of apartments. A parking structure will be built underneath the building."

I'm having a hard time parsing this exactly, but that sounds larger than I was expecting.
I wasn't expecting 6 story apartments on the end of downtown. So it will be the height of Carroll at Bellmeade. I like the fact they are building underground parking as oppose to an above ground structure.

I was able to take a few screenshots from a glitch they have on the website that shows the article from a fracture of a second. Looks like it will have 40 row homes. But the layout of the mixed-use building is confusing they way the article reads. I can't tell whether the six floors of apartments are stacked on top of the office and retail or if the apartments another wing of the building.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 03-07-2019 at 03:42 PM..

Old 03-07-2019, 03:54 PM

113 posts, read 111,151 times
Yeah that was the same problem I was having with the way it was worded, but I think it means there will be a separate six story apartment building adjacent to the mixed use building.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCB-CD View Post
Yeah that was the same problem I was having with the way it was worded, but I think it means there will be a separate six story apartment building adjacent to the mixed use building.
Either way this is larger than expected and the article says construction will begin on the mixed-use building and row homes late summer. This is welcome news since Centric is considering office space across the street for 200 high paying creative class jobs.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:47 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,962,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Either way this is larger than expected and the article says construction will begin on the mixed-use building and row homes late summer. This is welcome news since Centric is considering office space across the street for 200 high paying creative class jobs.
so it's a parking garage with 6 story apartments on top. interesting, like the westin and bellemeade

is the Hampton parking underground?

Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
so it's a parking garage with 6 story apartments on top. interesting, like the westin and bellemeade

is the Hampton parking underground?
Honestly its hard to make out. The writer of the article did a poor job describing this project. If what you are thinking is correct, the article should have said the building will be built on top of the parking structure instead of saying the parking structure will be built beneath the building. If its underground parking, thats what the writer should have said. What makes it confusing is that it talks about ground level retail then office above it. Then it says 67 apartments, yet it will be 6 floors of apartments. We'll need to see renderings to see this because I'm having a hard time visualizing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point