Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 08:26 PM

240 posts, read 348,277 times

Advertisements

mapmd you are right, I shouldn't be complaining about a house that has more rooms than I even need. The problem is with me is I bought too much of a house, too big of a house, too much money, too many updates. Why did I do this, I am sick to my stomach about it. I thought my great aunt would come live with us so I loved how it had the extra room downstairs with bathroom, because she is elderly. I bought because it's in a safe neighborhood, I bought thinking I could resell easily because it's in a great location, I impulsed on this sale and put a lot down on it. I am now regretting it. There were things that weren't disclosed and we had leaking and it's just been a nightmare,that is the issue I said we are going after seller for, not the undated items, those we saw but I seem to see more everyday, The amount we spent is just something I can't get used to yet.

I am overwhelmed and it's destroying the person I am, it's putting me in a place I don't want to be and I am going to do whatever it takes to get myself back together. I want to sell because I truly feel if I want a house that I need to update from top to bottom, I need to buy one of those fixer uppers, that's why I am a mess, the price tag on this house was not a fixer upper price. I am complaining about all the issues because I feel so overwhelmed and some of this stuff I should have just said it was too much to deal with in the beginning.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:07 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
mapmd you are right, I shouldn't be complaining about a house that has more rooms than I even need. The problem is with me is I bought too much of a house, too big of a house, too much money, too many updates. Why did I do this, I am sick to my stomach about it. I thought my great aunt would come live with us so I loved how it had the extra room downstairs with bathroom, because she is elderly. I bought because it's in a safe neighborhood, I bought thinking I could resell easily because it's in a great location, I impulsed on this sale and put a lot down on it. I am now regretting it. There were things that weren't disclosed and we had leaking and it's just been a nightmare,that is the issue I said we are going after seller for, not the undated items, those we saw but I seem to see more everyday, The amount we spent is just something I can't get used to yet.

I am overwhelmed and it's destroying the person I am, it's putting me in a place I don't want to be and I am going to do whatever it takes to get myself back together. I want to sell because I truly feel if I want a house that I need to update from top to bottom, I need to buy one of those fixer uppers, that's why I am a mess, the price tag on this house was not a fixer upper price. I am complaining about all the issues because I feel so overwhelmed and some of this stuff I should have just said it was too much to deal with in the beginning.
I agree with everyone else. It's not the house. It's you. You really need to pull it together or you're going to start pissing off the others around you. None of the things you listed are important in the big picture. You personally walked through the house and you saw that the house needed updates. You also saw that the home was larger than you desired. You low-bidded and got a great home in a great area for a great price. If you wanted move in ready, then you should've just stuck with that plan.

In my opinion, getting a great home with good bones in a great neighborhood is far more important than oil rubbed bronze fixtures and cherry cabinets. I, too, got a pretty vanilla home and over the years we upgraded when we got the chance. If anything, the upgrading bonded us to the house even more. It took ten years but the results were worth it.

Do yourself a favor. Take a break.

And stop watching HGTV.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:19 PM

336 posts, read 378,179 times
Daydreamer,

Count your blessings. Here in N. VA, a 50-70 year old fixer upper (single family home) with 1500 sq feet in a good school district is $700K. I paid $500K, including $250K in cash, for a 30-year old 1200 sq. foot townhouse to get a 30-minute commute with a good school district. Coming from the southwest, where homes cost 1/5 as much, housing prices were quite a shock. You adjust in time.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:49 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,075,581 times
Quote:

Might I ask how you have enough money to litigate but the cost of actually fixing the problems is prohibitive? The time and money it takes to hire a lawyer to assign blame for loose handles and stuck doors surely has to eclipse the actual cost of doing handyman work.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:50 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
You need mental help and counseling ASAP. It is not the house, its you.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:15 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Really uncalled for. A house is a huge investment, and can unsettle many people.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Really uncalled for.
Under other circumstances, it might be.

But I think suncc basing that comment on the OP's history with this topic. Typically posters respond in some way to show that they have heard the comments and advice and at least considered them.

This OP has started multiple threads about this topic and when she DOES reply, she shows NO comprehension of any advice anyone has offered her.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
what a cruel thing to say, and for no good reason at all - shame on you.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:40 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
what a cruel thing to say, and for no good reason at all - shame on you.
Did you not read the bolded comments above from the OP??

There's no call for shame here. Suncc is absolutely right. Those ^^^ are not healthy reactions to a "huge investment" or even buyers remorse. They are cries for help.

The OP does need professional help, and not from a professional Realtor.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:55 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
Many of us have advised the OP to get professional help - from a therapist. Filing a lawsuit to get back some money doesn't change the OP's situation nor does it make her less angry at herself - which is actually the definition of depression. She knows she is depressed and she knows she is making others unhappy.

Stating it clearly and succinctly as those "rude" comments is actually very kind.

OP, find a mental health clinic or contact a psychotherapist - sooner rather than later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health