Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 04:11 PM

19 posts, read 28,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
Was anyone able to get there keys early and move little items into the apartment before the move in date?
I was just about to post the same question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 04:22 PM

10 posts, read 12,144 times
Thank you to those who shared about the Dog city! I am so excited about being a part of this community!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:42 PM

170 posts, read 315,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
Was anyone able to get there keys early and move little items into the apartment before the move in date?
I made that request before I moved in. No dice.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:11 PM

12 posts, read 14,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSNY View Post
does anyone who has a two bedroom at the $2366 price have a water view?
Yes, I'm in the northeast corner, with an uptown view.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:03 PM

13 posts, read 18,779 times
Thats great to hear, Dtrot. I hope to upgrade when people start moving out. Right now ive just got a partial west view, im slightly blocked by the school, but would love a better one on a higher floor
at some point in the future Thanks for the reply!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:05 PM

13 posts, read 18,779 times
yes there are a few north facing units
on my floor as well that are still being worked on.

Old 11-03-2015, 10:18 PM

163 posts, read 271,162 times
At least for low-income, my super friendly and helpful coordinator was not able to pull any strings on early keys because HDC approved a very specific date and I think they just don't want to conceivably be in any sort of violation.

A few questions for current residents...does this portal allow you to get on a wait list for an upgrade, either in unit size or location? Is there an interactive calendar for the party rooms? I imagine they are filling up fast for the holidays and I want to get in on the action.

And yes I'd appreciate a repost or further advice on what to do with the funky drawers.

Oh and I'm in touch with the Verizon FiOS guy...I remember people saying that the online deal was actually better, but this Related deal seems to have $150 rebate in ADDITION to the $350 Visa card. Although, I don't think it has the monthly discounts like free HBO and free TV box for a year. So it might be a wash.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM

142 posts, read 198,708 times
Hi danseurderrick,

What was the monthly rate you were given for fios through the building.

I also asked about the keys a few days in advance and was told no as well.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:09 PM

26 posts, read 39,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
A few questions for current residents...does this portal allow you to get on a wait list for an upgrade, either in unit size or location? Is there an interactive calendar for the party rooms? I imagine they are filling up fast for the holidays and I want to get in on the action.

And yes I'd appreciate a repost or further advice on what to do with the funky drawers.
Hi danseurderrick, btw congrats on your new apartment!

To answer your question about the portal and upgrades, no, I haven't been able to find on the online resident portal where it'll let you sign up on a waitlist regarding apartment changes. I emailed the leasing office directly for that weeks ago, and haven't heard back. (I'm in a 2-bed, hoping to get on a wai list for a 3-bed, even if it takes a couple of years.) If anyone knows more about this, I'd love that info as well!

No interactive calendar for the lounge/bbq reservations, though that is a really cool idea. I think there's a screen by the mailboxes that tells you if you have a package waiting, but I've signed up for email notifications.

I forget who suggested it (but thanks!), but Container Store shoe box bins really do work in the kitchen drawers. I had these for years and funny how they worked out for a different purpose: http://www.containerstore.com/s/clos...uctId=10001753

Old 11-04-2015, 03:50 PM

142 posts, read 198,708 times
Does anyone have wifi through spoton networks?

The rate seems reasonable at 39.99 plus tax.They have a slower speed for 34.99 plus one month free. Also if you refer someone I think you also get one month free.

The 39.99 plan does not come with a free month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery