Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you knew your neighbor grew, what would you do?
Nothing, none of my business 228 69.72%
Only if it was for personal use, and they were responsible 31 9.48%
Only if it was for personal medical use, and they were responsible 7 2.14%
Nothing, but only if I knew them and they were responsible 17 5.20%
Call the cops, arrest the criminals, regardless of who they are 44 13.46%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:06 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,659 times

Advertisements

The poll is flawed....

...where is the "make a new friend" option????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM

271 posts, read 355,923 times
Protection of the community is a responsibility of everyone.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
If your neighbor was growing marijuana, what would you do?

Ask him to sport me a few blunts at Christmas.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:19 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
I would let them do their thing. It's not my job to be the police. Not to mention, I personally think that if adults can smoke nicotine and drink alcohol, they should be able to smoke marijuana too. Total inconsistency in laws if you ask me. Even if they were doing something majorly illegal, I'd rather not get involved. Even if you don't believe in God, I believe in the sentiment behind the saying "Let go, let God."

Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Protection of the community is a responsibility of everyone.
I agree, but I don't think smoking marijuana is a safety issue. Combined with other things it can become a safety issue. If someone got really stoned and then hopped in the car to drive, then that would be a safety issue and I would tell them to either get a cab/take a bus or let someone else drive. But if they're just smoking themselves or with friends, or even just selling it to other people just to smoke, then I don't see how that interferes with anyone's personal safety.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,659 times
I'm sure a lot of this has to do with where you live. While my answer might be the same for the most part, depending on where I live will certainly have an affect on how I react to it. Right now, living in Pt Reyes, I would be surprised if NONE of my neighbors are growing pot. I'm sure that it is common out here, and I don't worry, at all about crime or violence related to it. When I lived in Sacramento, or in Richmond, I still wouldn't report the house, but I'd be a little more cautious and pay more attention to what is going on next door. This is because of the closer proximity of the houses and the higher likelihood that nefarious characters would be involved in the operation, of course, the scale of the operation would factor into my concerns as well as the character of the person living there. If it was just a grow house, and no one lived there, I would certainly take measures to secure my doors and windows so that I don't become a victim of someone trying to rip the house off.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I'm sorry to hear of such tragic trouble, but thousands of people die every year because they were stupid enough to drive while drunk, yet there is no serious grass roots level movement I know of to ban alcohol to do something about it.

By the way, the government's ban on pot and other drugs shows how sorely ineffective the ban has been thru your own awful experiences.
Exactly! Just because drinking and driving is unsafe doesn't mean drinking alone is unsafe. Likewise, just because smoking pot and driving is unsafe doesn't mean that smoking pot alone is.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,157,682 times
Unless there was a criminal element coming to the neighborhood because of it, I wouldn't care.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagbardCeline View Post
Actually, the FDA is looking at making DXM prescription only.

To answer the question, though, I'd probably go make a new friend.

I don't smoke, but hey, sounds like a rad guy. My current neighbors are more the crabby-old-people-that-*****-to-the-landlords-when-the-grass-is-too-long type.
Guess no one's going to be growing pot in your neighborhood. Lol.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM

831 posts, read 1,583,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
What this guy said. No violence. No cooking meth and running the risk of blowing up the neighborhood, or dealing of other hardcore substances, no problem. Stick with the pot, keep it clean, and it's cool.
Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies